The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Does anybody do the stretching boomerangs? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
You know the boomerangs, the blue one is longer than the green one until you "stretch" the green one and show IT'S longer now.

In his book; "Magic Digest," George B. Anderson turned it into a sucker trick with a "greenish" banana, and an "overripe" banana!

In those pre-Internet days, I had to hunt around for a suitable picture of a banana that I could copy and paint as suggested by the routine. I felt I did a great job.

First time I tried presenting it, a kid shouted; "Oh, that's just an old optical illusion!"

Never used them since!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Don't let ONE Kid, stop you from doing a fun effect. Change/try different routines. Or just say, 'yeah, your right' and go on - Your the Adult.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
That's a good point. Thanks. I'll have to remake the trick, though.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
I feel sorry there's less Parties - also sorry for the Parents - keep in there. Patience + Positive = Peace
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I remember the P&L version of this apparatus had an extra fake/feke(?) that enabled you to actually lay the banananas on top of one another and show one was in fact physically longer than the other without resorting to the optical illusion dodge.

Julie
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Ah! Sneaky.
MysteroMagic
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of MysteroMagic
I bought a great version of the boomerang that changes the optical illusion into sucker trick by adding a small piece to the boomerang. Because of Covid I haven’t been able to use it in a kids show yet. I’ll let you know how it goes.
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
I wonder if Michael Weber has a version of this? I bet that would be killer.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I'm not sure it would Fit in a kid's show.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
I use wooden toy train tracks and talk about motion. Moving them up, down, closer, and further, one can accomplish the same effect with minimal movements.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Does anybody do the stretching boomerangs? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL