The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » INVISIBLE DECK KICKER by DAVID PENN (Blackpool 2020) (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
This is very good, considering that you only need to carry your normal deck, your invisible deck and your kicker deck in your pockets Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah lol , there will be a new jacket out soon with 52 inside pockets with a sleeve that allows you to retrieve a selection from your outside lower jacket pocket Gaz 😉
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
A secret... so stop fishing for it ;-)

Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, civins wrote:What you buying here? A full deck of cards or a single 52on1 card?
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
128 Posts

Profile of civins
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, JoelDickinson wrote:

Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, civins wrote:What you buying here? A full deck of cards or a single 52on1 card?

Not fishing at all. Just wondering what extra pocket space this ID kicker is going to take up.
Thinking about it - I realise this is going to be another deck.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
The video is almost certainly edited at 2.07.
I am assuming when the switch is made?
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
Clever idea, but I agree that the original ID is too good to follow up with a gag and then another turnover (on the 52 on one card). My opinion only. This would be best as a stand alone. Also agree that the original ID can play for two or two hundred folks, this is very limiting with visibility. Even the video shows folks leaning way in to see what the heck just happened.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I wasn’t serious! I was only playing around 👍🏼👍🏼

Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, civins wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, JoelDickinson wrote:

Quote:

Not fishing at all. Just wondering what extra pocket space this ID kicker is going to take up.
Thinking about it - I realise this is going to be another deck.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, civins wrote:
Looks good.
What you buying here? A full deck of cards or a single 52on1 card?

A full deck of gaffed 52 on 1 card.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
How is everyone carrying all these one trick decks? Need a holster. Pocket management gets tricky as the releases continue to pour out.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
They are all just bringing out packet effects in deck form to get an apparently new trick imo .
It’s desperation to a degree , a bit like songs and me sounding the same in all my posts 😂 .
There are only so many chords to make a song and it’s the same with methods of magic effects .
Every now and again of course someone will buck the trend Gaz 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, strollingmagician wrote:
How is everyone carrying all these one trick decks? Need a holster. Pocket management gets tricky as the releases continue to pour out.

Haha. I cannot tell you how many gimmick decks I have and have not a clue how any of them work. It’s crazy.
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
It sounds like a lot to carry around. Not good for my walkaround.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Part of me wishes I had stopped buying stuff after getting the Ammar card miracles videos 20 years ago. I have crates of magic too. This market is really addicting. Like Guy Hollingworth once said “everyone is constantly searching for the next great trick that will make them famous”
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
A simple version of this trick can be done with two 52 on 1 cards and a force. I imagine it will have just the same impact on the audience if played correctly.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Ni, if you play it right, not... there is a huge difference between just naming ANY card that comes to your mind and selecting a card in a physical process. If spectators don not see and FEEL the difference, something is wrong with the presentation... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
TopJimmy
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of TopJimmy
Didn’t Daryl have a version of this where you put the gag back in your pocket and pull out the single card flipped over gag. I believe his had the front and back of every card- not a regular rider back. Had to be a forced card for his version.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
I own Gypsy Queen and it is great, I also ordered this because I also like the idea of th 52 on one reversing. To say its exactly the same with nothing new at all is nuts. I see them as totally different effects completely.

NM
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
People keep mentioning that is reminds them of Gypsy Queen. To be fair that sort of reminds me of Jay Sankey's Fine Print which I got from Elmwoood Magic and they shut down quite sometime ago. Just some food for thought.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Will the deck be m@#:è! like Gypsy queen? If not, I think it’s a step backwards like the FU deck.

In this day and age if you are going to blatantly copy an effect / method it would be nice to at least add an improvement of some sort. Pretending this is new by linking it to the ID isn’t fooling anyone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » INVISIBLE DECK KICKER by DAVID PENN (Blackpool 2020) (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL