The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Oral Fix-Sational by Ed Alonzo (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1676 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Wanna use your mouth to solve a rubik's cube?

https://youtu.be/2yeATmr_pEU

Ad copy:

From the fertile mind of Ed Alonzo..."The Misfit of Magic", comes this closely guarded signature piece which combines baffling visual magic with over-the-top comedy. A feature effect from Ed's personal repertoire as seen on the Masters of Illusion network television show. Now it can be yours !

The performer freely displays a miniature Rubik's Cube puzzle, approximately 1 1/2 inches square. All of the colored sections of the cube are mixed up, as is normally the case before attempting to twist and turn the cube so that each side of the cube is one solid color.

Try as he might, the performer is simply unable to solve the puzzle. After a bit of frustration, a gleam of hope sparkles in his eyes as the cube is openly placed into the performer's mouth! As the magician grimaces and apparently manipulates the cube with his tongue, he holds a small mirror to his lips, seemingly to help him see the progress as the jumbled cube spins inside his mouth.

EUREKA! After a few agonizing seconds, a smile beams across the performer's face as he parts his lips to reveal that the puzzle has been solved....each side is now one solid color!

Words cannot adequately describe how powerfully funny and magically astounding this effect is.....just take a look at the video! We guarantee you've never seen anything like this......it's fast, it's easy, it's fun to do, it resets in seconds and it can be performed surrounded. No shells are used.

Brand new and complete with the special Rubik's cube, mirror and full, detailed downloadable instructions.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4757 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hmm. I am liking this! Looks like so much fun and comedy potential!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Youíre only 15 years too late.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=119711

Not sure where you buy it now though. Why donít people provide links anymore?
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
I thought Justin Willman owned the rights to this when I tried to purchase last year?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4757 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hocus Pocus has it listed on their site. Cost is $75.00.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1676 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Oh, I didn't know it was released 15 years ago. Thanks, pegasus.

It's a Hocus Pocus exclusive, and there isn't a direct link that I can copy.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Nice! I guess his rights to it ended due to the rubix cube trick craze.
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of CMR
It looks like a fun effect, but need to be very careful when performing it.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
75 Bucks? Ridiculous.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2236 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2020, Magic KL wrote:
Oh, I didn't know it was released 15 years ago. Thanks, pegasus.

It's a Hocus Pocus exclusive, and there isn't a direct link that I can copy.

here it is
Pay it forward
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17013 Posts

Profile of joseph
Finally, a self lubricated rubik's cube.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Including the vanity mirror. Really? No wonder itís 70 Bucks. How about leave out the mirror and use your phone in selfie mode instead? This effect is designed to be portable ffs.
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Including the vanity mirror. Really? No wonder itís 70 Bucks. How about leave out the mirror and use your phone in selfie mode instead? This effect is designed to be portable ffs.

Why do you have a problem spending money on a professional routine and effect that will go in your show and make you money? I know you're cheap, every post you comment on is how things are too expensive but you have to invest in yourself if you're going to be a real performer with real material. Maybe that's not what you want?

And if you're going to play the "it's just a cube and a mirror" card, maybe consider that fact that this originally came years ago before rubix magic was a thing and the fact that the creator spent years working and making the routine what it is now in order for you to complain about it..
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2020, KyleMarlett wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2020, pegasus wrote:

Why do you have a problem spending money on a professional routine and effect that will go in your show and make you money? I know you're cheap, every post you comment on is how things are too expensive but you have to invest in yourself if you're going to be a real performer with real material. Maybe that's not what you want?

And if you're going to play the "it's just a cube and a mirror" card, maybe consider that fact that this originally came years ago before rubix magic was a thing and the fact that the creator spent years working and making the routine what it is now in order for you to complain about it..

Reality check. Not everyone on the Cafť is a full time pro magician. Iíve just spent 270 Bucks on a metal phone, thatís not cheap. But thanks for your input.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2717 Posts

Profile of tophatter
75.00 I think I have this new in the package from 15 years ago ! I never used it I have to go look for it....
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2717 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I don't know why but that was funny "I just spent 270.00 bucks on a Metal Phone" & you can't even make phone calls with it . The good news is you'll never get a phone bill !
Marvelous
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Marvelous
Kyle Iíve bought a lot of things you recommended and all the items youíve put out but your comment calling someone cheap is really not appropriate. I spend thousands every year on magic and used to run a shop and I think that price point is a little high. We use to carry it minus the mirror for 35 to 40. It didnít sell well and was discontinued the remaining stock we had a hard time selling for 25. Iím not saying it isnít a decent effect but calling someone cheap should be beneath a working pro like yourself.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4757 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, tophatter wrote:
I don't know why but that was funny "I just spent 270.00 bucks on a Metal Phone" & you can't even make phone calls with it . The good news is you'll never get a phone bill !

Smile Smile
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, Marvelous wrote:
Kyle Iíve bought a lot of things you recommended and all the items youíve put out but your comment calling someone cheap is really not appropriate. I spend thousands every year on magic and used to run a shop and I think that price point is a little high. We use to carry it minus the mirror for 35 to 40. It didnít sell well and was discontinued the remaining stock we had a hard time selling for 25. Iím not saying it isnít a decent effect but calling someone cheap should be beneath a working pro like yourself.

My point is that he is devauling the work that went into the routine just because he thinks it's too exspenive. I see so many magicians want everything for baiscally free. But if someone have put years of work and delvepment into something why shouldnt it be priced accordingly? And, if you don't consider yourself a "professional" and don't want to spend the money, then don't comment on it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Oral Fix-Sational by Ed Alonzo (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL