The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Metal Phone by Calen Morelli and Joao Miranda (103 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..20~21~22 [Next]
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Iím extremely glad I took the refund. I was one of the first to pre-order on his website, so I shouldíve taken precedence over cash buyers at Blackpool. Terrible customer service.

All pegasus does is complain about everything which we sadly have to sift through in order to find intelligent comments from others. Leave the Cafť alone pegasus and go take up stamp collecting. Complain all you want on those forums.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
387 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Well put strollingmagician
Regards,
Silverthorne
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3572 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Pegasus is not just a yes man , I respect his opinions over the vast majority on these boards .
Ustaads , Neil S and Videomans are also some of the people I admire the most here too Gaz 🙂
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1547 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Hey guys... it's your right to dislike Pegasus' comments and express the feelings you have about them. But he has a right to express his feelings as well. That's the nature of a forum.

And when it comes to intelligent comments... say what you will, but his sarcasm can be quite intelligent and funny. I agree there are a lot of people on the Cafť that clearly lack intelligence but the mythical winged divine horse isn't one of 'em...
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Does this look 'off' without the camera sticker? If I am to use it, I would not want to depend on refills and more importantly, I do not want the peeling sticker bit.

I believe the camera portion can be hidden while handling it but I am worried about the camera screws ruining the surprise early.

Any thoughts?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3572 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sorry the unmasked you are another top fella .
You are right and people donít get humour I realise that you do , most of it is tongue and cheek and is obvs to me .
Makes you wonder how these people ever entertain anyone , they are so touchy and serious 🤷‍♂️Gaz 🙂
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2020, ash2arani wrote:
Does this look 'off' without the camera sticker? If I am to use it, I would not want to depend on refills and more importantly, I do not want the peeling sticker bit.

I believe the camera portion can be hidden while handling it but I am worried about the camera screws ruining the surprise early.

Any thoughts?

I donít bother peeling it if I found that it doesnít impact the performance.

Iím getting strong reaction from metal phone.

Itís a very different effect than industrial revolution which I own and love
Itís has multiple layer there more to it itís a very different effect.

The locking methods a nice touch

Kind regards

Kieron
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2020, kieronthemighty wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2020, ash2arani wrote:

Any thoughts?

I donít bother peeling it if I found that it doesnít impact the performance.

When I say I donít bother peeling it I mean I leave the sticker on the metal phone.

Iím getting strong reaction from metal phone.

Itís a very different effect than industrial revolution which I own and love
Itís has multiple layer there more to it itís a very different effect.

The locking methods a nice touch

Kind regards

Kieron
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1081 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, strollingmagician wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Iím extremely glad I took the refund. I was one of the first to pre-order on his website, so I shouldíve taken precedence over cash buyers at Blackpool. Terrible customer service.

All pegasus does is complain about everything which we sadly have to sift through in order to find intelligent comments from others. Leave the Cafť alone pegasus and go take up stamp collecting. Complain all you want on those forums.

Pegasus is awesome to have around here. Yes, he can be very sarcastic. I personally enjoy and laugh at his comments. He calls it how he sees it. How 'He' sees it, not you or me or anyone else... HIS opinions.

As gaz says, he has every right to be here and say whatever he wants. If he bothers you, just ignore his comments. No harm done. You can go to other forums as well if it gets too much for you here.

And yes, you have every right to dislike pegasus... or me even, or whomever.

We still welcome you though and hope you stick around... Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1343 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
But back to the effect: it's great.

:)
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
176 Posts

Profile of bonesly
I road tested this at my stage gig.

Annoyingly this fell flat. Itís most likely a scripting issue, so probably needs a few more runs, but at the moment this doesnít work for Ďmeí on stage.

This would probably get a much stronger reaction in a close up setting when everyone can have a feel of the gimmick.

Problem is Iím not sure if it is strong enough to replace anything in my current close-up set.

Itís sort of a nice interesting thing to do as part of a set and itís feels like really cool filler, NOT a showstopper.

But, If Iím gonna walk around with a large heavy prop, it needs to be more than just a cool little mystery.
The matchbox seems more suited for close-up.

And as of now this doesnít really work for me on stage (using a close-up camera projected on a screen)

Just my honest opinion. Iíll give more feedback after a few more runs
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1081 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Great feedback! Thanks for sharing it.
I can see where it might not work for stage. But, I'm impressed you gave it a try!

I agree that it would be more effective for folks to handle it. So they can feel and see up close how heavy it is and how there are no slits.

I do not own this yet. But have IR, so I can attest that this will work great up close.

I think you should seriously give this one up though. Sell it to me. Smile

Thanks again for sharing this excellent feedback!!!!!
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
176 Posts

Profile of bonesly
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2020, mikenewman wrote:
Great feedback! Thanks for sharing it.
I can see where it might not work for stage. But, I'm impressed you gave it a try!

I agree that it would be more effective for folks to handle it. So they can feel and see up close how heavy it is and how there are no slits.

I do not own this yet. But have IR, so I can attest that this will work great up close.

I think you should seriously give this one up though. Sell it to me. Smile

Thanks again for sharing this excellent feedback!!!!!

Thanks. I really want to make this work on stage thatís why I bought it, itís such a clever gimmick and I feel it needs waay more appreciation from my audience.

I had IR previously and I thought that was a really cool version. I ended up selling it because it was more of a luxury trick I would do once in a while.
So it wasnít really worth the extra weight carrying it around. I use the matchbox instead. But I do think both are cool effects to have in your case to pullout when the moment is right.

If this doesnít work for me on stage then I will take up your offer 😊. £200 is a bit steep for me for a trick that I will only occasionally use in a close-up set.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
This is meant to be experienced and felt. I'd never have considered it for stage. It simply won't translate to the rest of the audience, but kudos to you for trying. This sort of thing soars or sinks on the framing and presentation and the personal experience of the spectator directly involved. Personally, I think if you're performing this as 'magic', you're not taking the best approach. This is an oddity, a puzzling moment. It's not really a magical penetration effect. You'll get 1000x more mileage and impact out of Misled or David Harkey's East Meets West for a penetration effect. This is meant to give the spectator's brain a short-circuit moment, and a very cool one. If you come at it from the angle of "Check it out - I can pass a card through my phone. Wait! It's actually not a phone, it's a piece of metal!", well, you're just going to confuse your spectator. Let THEM make false conclusions about what is happening and where it's leading.
It's all in the reflexes.
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
176 Posts

Profile of bonesly
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
This is meant to be experienced and felt. I'd never have considered it for stage. It simply won't translate to the rest of the audience, but kudos to you for trying. This sort of thing soars or sinks on the framing and presentation and the personal experience of the spectator directly involved. Personally, I think if you're performing this as 'magic', you're not taking the best approach. This is an oddity, a puzzling moment. It's not really a magical penetration effect. You'll get 1000x more mileage and impact out of Misled or David Harkey's East Meets West for a penetration effect. This is meant to give the spectator's brain a short-circuit moment, and a very cool one. If you come at it from the angle of "Check it out - I can pass a card through my phone. Wait! It's actually not a phone, it's a piece of metal!", well, you're just going to confuse your spectator. Let THEM make false conclusions about what is happening and where it's leading.

Your100% right on this! Thatís exactly what happened on stage it was a puzzle that fell completely flat, and I didnít get that gasp from the audience that my ego needed! Lol!
The reason I wanted to test it on stage was mainly because of the size of the prop, and I also felt it is a fresh idea that hasnít been done in an auditorium b4.
But Iím stubborn, so I still wanna make it work! Iím gonna rescript it and change the beats of my routine focus give it another go and see .

I actually know another perform who did this on BGT audition (canít say his name) and apparently he brought the house down. His routine involved switching a real phone for the gimmick, so Iím thinking of going down that route
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
382 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
We have only 25 Metal Phones left from the April batch.

Within the next few days we will sell out and we will start to accept orders for the NEXT batch which will be shipped in JULY only.

If you are on the fence act fast to avoid waiting 5 months for your Metal Phone.

Pre-order here: http://www.joaomiranda.com/store/index.p......t_id=130
magicnorm
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Joao I put my order in, I have and use regularly and really like my IR, I like this because the phone aspect is something I think will really play in todayís audiences. The locking is really interesting to me, Iíve only had a couple situations with my IR that someone has pulled enough on the block to separate it. Since then, I still hand it out but gaurd it and take it back if it seems like the person is savvy enough to pull it apart. The fact that this one locks , eliminates that concern and that is an improvement to me. Looking forward to using this, thanks and cudos for putting this out.

Nm
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
382 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2020, magicnorm wrote:
Joao I put my order in, I have and use regularly and really like my IR, I like this because the phone aspect is something I think will really play in todayís audiences. The locking is really interesting to me, Iíve only had a couple situations with my IR that someone has pulled enough on the block to separate it. Since then, I still hand it out but gaurd it and take it back if it seems like the person is savvy enough to pull it apart. The fact that this one locks , eliminates that concern and that is an improvement to me. Looking forward to using this, thanks and cudos for putting this out.

Nm

Thanks for the kind words.

We are officially sold out on Metal Phones (April batch).

We are accepting pre orders now for July.

A long wait but worth every minute waiting, I promise.
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
Just put your order.. You wont' be sorry.

This item is incredible and I prefer this other than IR because it is not like "gimmick" item. It is modern approach to classic one.

GREAT JOB Joao to bring this item to magic community.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3572 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
This is beautifully engineered I must say , Joao does produce real quality in his engineering thatís for certain Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Metal Phone by Calen Morelli and Joao Miranda (103 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL