The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ UNOrthodox by Antonio Martinez (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1936 Posts

Profile of Titanas
UNOrthodox is an interesting take on the Ultra Mental or Invisible Deck effect that uses cards designed to look like UNO cards. Not only is their named card the only card reversed in the deck, but it is the only actual playing card in the deck. Unique and easy to do, this would be great in a close-up setting or in your favorite coffee shop with a game shelf.

More info: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=66382

Best regards,
TItanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Nice update on the invisible deck!
zavon25
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of zavon25
Fun take on the ID. Might pick this up just to mix things up a bit. Just gotta wait for part of my taxes to come back in.
robert1996lb
View Profile
New user
Quakertown, PA
19 Posts

Profile of robert1996lb
How much memory work is involved, and do you need a crib card.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Nice idea, really enjoyed it.

We need a review from MagicOrthodoxy Smile
no2ss
View Profile
Elite user
California
484 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Interesting idea, though $40 seems kinda pricey for a slightly modified ID, no? Also, I like the Dave Loosley presentation in which he says his son must have swapped out his cards, but the Antonio presentation where he does the basic ID script feels weird. I'd wonder how much more impressive is that than the regular ID given that premise. I think it's better to come up with a more unique presentation that takes more into account regarding the Uno cards.

Still, between this, You Know by David Jonathan and Scott Creasey's UNO It, someone could put together quite an Uno-based routine these days.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3799 Posts

Profile of emyers99
$40 for that?! Thatís insane.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4591 Posts

Profile of videoman
Are we beginning to shift from Rubikís Cube magic to Uno cards magic?
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
575 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2020, emyers99 wrote:

yep, because everyone has been buying everything else at that price...it has set the market to gouge us on everything until we decide enough is enough and stop buying it all.
no2ss
View Profile
Elite user
California
484 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:

Yes. Especially considering most folks here probably know how to and have the necessary to create such a deck themselves.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3799 Posts

Profile of emyers99
If anything, itís a minor tweak on a classic. Not to mention the cards arenít even true Uno cards and the real cards arenít even Bikes or Phoenix brand. This should be $15 at most.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2320 Posts

Profile of todsky
I like the idea, and I think it has good entertainment value. If I was to use this in my show on a regular basis, it would be well worth the $40 to me. If I was just going to show it to a few friends and then shelve it, then it would not be worth it.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2020, no2ss wrote:
Quote:

Yes. Especially considering most folks here probably know how to and have the necessary to create such a deck themselves.

Support the creator - stop ripping people off for their imagination and creativity by making your own...

If the trick can create wonder and entertain your audience, and help you make some money, them $40 is a steal!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8211 Posts

Profile of pegasus
These cards must be thin card stock Iím assuming Smile
no2ss
View Profile
Elite user
California
484 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2020, magic.99 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2020, no2ss wrote:
Quote:

Support the creator - stop ripping people off for their imagination and creativity by making your own...

If the trick can create wonder and entertain your audience, and help you make some money, them $40 is a steal!

It's an ID deck. How is it ripping anyone off to make your own ID deck?
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
65 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2020, pegasus wrote:

Agreed, it has to be in order for it to work.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1784 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2020, markmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2020, pegasus wrote:

Agreed, it has to be in order for it to work.

I suspect this is instead covered by the odds or even question as demonstrated in the trailer, but thatís just speculation.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1534 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Grabbed this for the Daveís presentation for those at home magic moments.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8211 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Correct David. There must be a 26 card restriction that is taken care of via equivoque.

But the Alakazam video demo had no restrictions. Hmmm
magikmax
View Profile
New user
Scotland
37 Posts

Profile of magikmax
I picked this up at Blackpool. As above, you are limited to half the deck, however the included equivoque makes sense in the presentation. As for the price, agreed it is pricey considering you can pick up an ID in Bikes for £7, however Alakazam have had to create and print a very unique deck for this trick, presumably to avoid any copyright issues. Card stock used is nice, and it has been created with SF spray rather than RS, which will again add to the cost given the ridiculous price of SF spray.

One thing I will add - the backs of the ordinary cards are not standard rider backs. I doubt any muggle will notice or care, but there is nothing to stop you from replacing these with cards from a deck of standard bikes - or a deck of your choosing, as these cards are not gimmicked in any way.

I'm not trying to defend Alakazam here - this year's Blackpool offerings were again lacklustre, many re-treading old ground, and their own releases have been creeping up in price, however I can see where the money has been spent on this, and it is a nice little trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ UNOrthodox by Antonio Martinez (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL