The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » UNOrthodox by Antonio Martinez (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
tomdeg
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2020, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2020, Jared wrote:
Videoman, the SF spray is only applied on the two opposite ends of the card...the middle section (slightly less than 50% of the card) does not have any on it to facilitate separating the cards.

That is strange, my uno card only has one end sprayed and doesn’t stay together well. Can anybody else confirm that it should have both ends sprayed ?

The cards are sprayed on 1 half, it is explained in the video. Pushing on one side they stay together, move fingers to the bottom and they seperate.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
And it saves them 50 percent of spray on each deck. I’d prefer the whole card sprayed personally. And yes I own my own tin of sf, and know exactly how it functions thank you.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1275 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2020, tomdeg wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2020, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2020, Jared wrote:
Videoman, the SF spray is only applied on the two opposite ends of the card...the middle section (slightly less than 50% of the card) does not have any on it to facilitate separating the cards.

That is strange, my uno card only has one end sprayed and doesn’t stay together well. Can anybody else confirm that it should have both ends sprayed ?

The cards are sprayed on 1 half, it is explained in the video. Pushing on one side they stay together, move fingers to the bottom and they seperate.

Yes I have watched the vid and have made my own decks and cards using sf. I also have fortuity which uses the same principle but unfortunately my cards split far too easily
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’d go over them again Rowland. As you know with SF. Less is more.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1275 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, pegasus wrote:
I’d go over them again Rowland. As you know with SF. Less is more.

You’re probably right but I’m a bit miffed that they are brand new. The sprayed part doesn’t actually feel like sf cards I have sprayed myself
tomdeg
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2020, pegasus wrote:
And it saves them 50 percent of spray on each deck. I’d prefer the whole card sprayed personally. And yes I own my own tin of sf, and know exactly how it functions thank you.

Spraying the whole card would make them practically impossible to spread/separate?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Not if done properly. SF was not marketed as a 50 percent only coverage spray.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1519 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Only half of the Uno cards are treated I think.
With SF you get spraying templates and none of those were for a full card.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, reignofsound wrote:
Only half of the Uno cards are treated I think.
With SF you get spraying templates and none of those were for a full card.

That’s because you wouldn’t need a template for a full card. Come on, think about it.
tomdeg
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
A "properly" SF full card would NOT spread apart. That's the purpose of it. The cards would be "lifted" to separate. If you could spread two cards apart with one of them fully treated, it's not done right.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, tomdeg wrote:
A "properly" SF full card would NOT spread apart. That's the purpose of it. The cards would be "lifted" to separate. If you could spread two cards apart with one of them fully treated, it's not done right.

That’s fine Tom but I have several decks and packet tricks where the whole card is covered and I have no problem spreading.

You have to remember that alternative spray treatments are full spread on both cards. SF is no different other than you only have to spray a single card.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » UNOrthodox by Antonio Martinez (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL