The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Original Koornwinder Kar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
Hi Pete,
What is Magic Inc. web address?
Thanks,
Gigi
Hayre
View Profile
Regular user
Arkansas
196 Posts

Profile of Hayre
Pete's San Francisco Treat is funny....it used to come with a frog (I have two). I prefer it over the Ranch Bird, as you don't have to have to fool with a special deck. Also, there are a lot more possibilities for advanced handling with Pete's idea.

As far as the car goes, I have an original Koornwinder. It is true that all the others are rippoffs, but that also began occurring long ago...it is not just a recent thing. I bought a wood car from Tannens (I think) almost 30 years ago. Who knew that it wasn't approved by Koornwinder? That was before the information age.

I got my car second-hand from Seymour Davis (the GREAT organist who played at hundreds of magic convnetions) at a magic flea market in OKC. I picked it up and asked how much he wanted. '50 cents' he said. But this is a Koornwinder Car... 'Well, do you want it or not ?' So, I bought it.

I paid much more for his remaining stock of posters from his early shows.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
http://www.magicinc.net (I think)... if not google 'em.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
What a GREAT guy Seymour Davis was! He played the piano while wearing boxing gloves. He is greatly missed.
kusoyon
View Profile
New user
Muskegon, Michigan
77 Posts

Profile of kusoyon
I bought my Koornwinder Kar from Mr. Koornwinder himself. We communicated via email as mine was being built. Mr. Koornwinder IMHO is one terrific person. You see, I live in Michigan; one morning my phone rang......It was Mr. Koornwinder! That’s the first time in my life I just did not know what to say....I was speechless. After I regain my composure, we had a wonderful conversation. His product IMHO is the best and as for Mr. Koornwinder, he gave me more than just his product....he made my day that I shall never forget! Bless you, Mr. Koornwinder.

Your friend,
Frank Thomas
"The closer you look; the less you see"
H. Blackston Jr.
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi

I am ressurrecting this old thread as I have a question:

Some 30 years ago I owned a Koornwinder Kar for a brief period. I have since forgotten the mechanics behind it. I recently acquired Morlas Car and I feel that the mechanics are - in some way - different than Koornwinder's Kar. The comment below makes me think there is a difference.

wmhegbli said:

"To enlighten, the original will not stop at the correct point either. The wheels stop but if the person pushing does not realize the wheels have stopped turning and keeps on pushing, it will do the same thing the Lego model is accused of. It does require a light touch and control of your performing."

Morlas Car cannot be pushed past the stop point after the car brakes. The method makes that a a physical impossibility. And the substantial rubber tyres also make skidding unlikely on a hard surface unless excessive pressure were applied. But I am only interested in the wheels locking as every car can skid - toy or otherwise Smile

So, can someone who has experience with BOTH cars (Koornwinder & Morlas) confirm that there is a mechanical difference between these two cars?

Thank you

Peter

PS - I am not looking for a discussion on ethics here as that has already been done.
Alternative Magic
Avocat
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Avocat
Yes, there's a mechanical difference. Koornwinder's method can't be installed in a transparent car. It's likely, given the two different mechanisms, that if a Koornwinder car stopped dead the way a transparent car does, the internal mechanism could be damaged (as would often happen with the Tannen's knock-off, "Car Buggy"). That's nearly impossible with the transparent car; the mechanism is effectively indestructible.

best wishes,

Jim Kawashima
Magic Lee
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Magic Lee
I was just given a box of magic amd inside was a wooden kornwinder buggy, iwould love to do the effect but it didn't come with instructions and I can seem to find a how todo video online, any suggestions?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you do not have instructions how do you know which item you have? Car or Buggy? The best solution is to kindly ask the person who gave the box of stuff, if you could have the instructions.

Many magicians mistakenly put their instructions in a 3 ring binder/folder.

Note: Koornwinder did not make a Buggy, he made the Koornwinder Kar. I suggest you use the picture feature on the Café posts and include it, so we can determine what exactly you are refering to in your above posts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Original Koornwinder Kar (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL