The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Do You Teach A Magic Workshop? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Hello, Kidshow Performers. In my performing days I earned extra income by teaching magic workshops at libraries, schools and birthday parties. My target age group was kids aged 8 - 12. The presentations I developed had a lot of substance; for example instead of just showing them a bunch of tricks, my classes included a little bit about misdirection; a couple of simple sleights; and the importance of presentation and story-lines. Plus, of course I also taught them a bunch of tricks suitable for that age group!

For each of my workshops, my fee included a clear plastic bag filled with props for each child. Some of the props were for simple gags and and fun tricks, while others required a bit of practice.

OK, so the reason for this story is that I have in my possession a huge box filled with props left over from my magic workshop days. I’m willing to let someone have all this for free, provided you pay for the shipping. Would prefer it to go to someone who’s experienced in this field, who will put this gift to good use. Or if not, someone who is willing to take the time to develop a worthy magic workshop which will make a lasting impression on the kids and get them excited about magic.

Please PM me if you’re interested. My large box of tricks contains a boatload of really great props! There are multiple cups and balls, playing cards, crystals cubes, the magic beads escape trick, paddles, fake dollar bills, plastic coins, two card montes, magic calculators, booklets with magic tricks & party stunts, and more. And I’ll even include a copy of one of my sets of instructions for the tricks I taught, so you can Xerox them or use them as a guide to create your own instructions. It might be expensive to ship, so be prepared!

Arthur
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
SO NICE OF YOU - Arthur - People like you make Magicians Proud.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
A very generous offer Arthur. I hope they go to a deserving home that understands the true value in this.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
70 years ago I was a ward of the State (lost father) puppets and magic was a hobby that helped income - possible you could find an underprivileged young person who would appreciate.
nyborn
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of nyborn
This is a real passing of the torch. I look forward to hearing about the lucky recipient.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The members on the Magic Café will always recognize you by your generous heart, Arthur. We need more members like you.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Very Nice of You Arthur.

Tom
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Thanks so much for your kind words, guys.

It looks like I’ve found a taker! Just have to let the Post Office assess the shipping charge, and if this fellow agrees to pay that, he’ll receive a large box containing hundreds of amazing props!
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I'm happy to report that these props have finally found a good home.

Arthur
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Do You Teach A Magic Workshop? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL