The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Do I need a permit? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
773 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
It’s been a while since I’ve been in the Café, especially here. Anyway my question is as folllows. If I rent a party venue and use the space to host my own family show do I need a permit or anything “legal” to do it. Other than obeying the fire code occupancy I can’t think of any thing else I need to worry about. If anyone has thrown there own show please feel free to drop advice or maybe point me in the right direction of someone who may help me. My goal is rent the venue , get vendors and sponsors in the event and not have to spend a single dime of my money. I know, sounds wild , but I’m up for the challenge.

Thank you for your time ,
J Rodriguez
J Rodriguez
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
First of all it depends on your state laws. It can be complicated looking for the laws dealing with your concern by contacting your state. I advise you to check your city hall.

The room you are renting might require a maximum amount of occupancy. If you are renting a room inside a building you most likely you will be given papers requiring the city's regulations.

If you feel comfortable purchasing insurance for that date, go ahead. Most people do not purchase insurance because there is a low chance of anything happening when it requires family parties.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2805 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
You don’t usually need a permit to do magic shows. But if you are operating under a business name you will need a city business permit. And if you are selling products you may need a Sate Sales Tax permit. Like Mike said, each state has different rules/laws so the best thing for you to do is contact somebody at your local city hall.

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Do I need a permit? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL