The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ultimate Homing Card - Tommy James (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Http://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store/ind......t_id=130

I’ll be honest. I try to do as few kid’s shows as possible. So thankfully, I only do 5 or so per yr now. When I do perform for kids, I try to do strong magic that is as funny and deceptive for the adults as it is for kids. Hard to find but I love Smokey Mountain Magic because the effects are visual but also fooling. Dan designs great stuff. So does Tommy James and I have to say his Homing Card might just be the strongest kid’s trick I’ve come across in 30 yrs. Tommy says he had to take the trick out of his school show because the reactions were too insane. I had doubts but having now performed it 5 times, he was not exaggerating. The reactions are insane. So insane that I now close with it.

The props are solid and well made. More importantly, there are at least 8-9 truly magical moments throughout the effect, culminating with what is basically three kickers in a row. The routine is easy and fun to perform and Tommy deserves a lot of credit for designing an 8 minute routine that builds and builds. This gets my highest recommendation.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Agreed. I've been using his props for years. I have not been able to finish his "Comeback Bee" several times because the kids just went crazy. I have but have not yet performed the UHc routine but I am looking forward to it. Tommy is one of my two favorite producers of magic... the other is "that other guy" you mentioned, Dan from Smoky Mountain Magic. Both have great props, excellent service and both just great people.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
LOVE Tommy's new ULTTIMATE HOMING CARD effect! Just fantastic!!!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Oh wow, thanks soooooooo much for posting that! Smile

This effect evolved over many years. I label it "The last word in homing cards" because anything MORE than this would be overkill.

I LOVE performing this myself!
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I took a look at the video and it looks great. Sadly at the moment with our Aussie $$ being so weak against the green back....It out of my budget. Great routine though.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, I finally performed this live a few days ago for about 80 people, 35 of which were kids. I just have to say, WOW Tommy, you were correct and gave the correct name to this, "ULTIMATE HOMING CARD". This is every bit of ULTIMATE and was a HUGE hit with not just the kids but when the Monkey appeared in the box I quickly gazed the adults in the audience and they were amazed! I didn't have to look at the kids because I could hear the screams and OOOoo's and Ahhh's by them.

For kids and family shows, one of my best purchases ever, yes, it's that good. I will be honest, at first, I thought that the re-appearing of the Freakazoid character 7 times might be overkill. Man was I wrong and will perform this every chance I get.

You definitely nailed this one perfect Tommy!

RNK
mrCraig
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mrCraig
I have only just started doing magic full time and have just finished a ferry contract between UK and Mainland Europe doing 4 shows a day for 6 weeks! Its been an experience! Tommy James is my hero and always so helpful as well when ever I have messaged him.

I am in LOVE with the ultimate homing card - it never fails to get a reaction with both the younger and the older kids. I am excited to put the halloween version into my "Halloween Spook-Tacular" show this year so working on my patter for that at the moment.

One thing I have found over the last few weeks is when the lion has disappeared and Freakazoid (or Monty as he is in my show) is under the cloth and I ask "If Monty is here .. then where is the lion?" they are naturally saying "Time Out" and I have to prompt them to say the box. Sometimes even the kid holding the box doesn't think it could be in there!

Has anyone else experienced this - or am I doning something wrong!?!

Craig
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
I always just do as Tommy does by holding up,the magic portal picture frame and say “hey look the lion is gone!” Then immediately go to the box and before I shake it say “did you feel a curious exchange of energy?” And then start to wrap up the trick.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I don't ask where they think the Lion or Monkey went (or whatever your vanished card is), I put the emphasis on Freakazoid and how he got out again. I just do what I believe Tommy does. Just say, "Well, it looks like you where loud enough this time and actually made the Lion disappear. Do you think....could it be...let's open the box and see if the magic worked (or whatever you want to end with).
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
216 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2020, stempleton wrote:
Agreed. I've been using his props for years. I have not been able to finish his "Comeback Bee" several times because the kids just went crazy. I have but have not yet performed the UHc routine but I am looking forward to it. Tommy is one of my two favorite producers of magic... the other is "that other guy" you mentioned, Dan from Smoky Mountain Magic. Both have great props, excellent service and both just great people.

His stuff certainly looks good.

You mention “Comeback Bee”. I cannot find that one on his website, but there is an effect called “Vampire Bee”.

Are these the same, or similar?
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 11, 2022, JuanPoop wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2020, stempleton wrote:

His stuff certainly looks good.

You mention “Comeback Bee”. I cannot find that one on his website, but there is an effect called “Vampire Bee”.

Are these the same, or similar?

I’m pretty sure they are the same JuanPoop
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes, Vampire Bee is the same just new graphics, Bees with FANGS hence the name - Vampire Bee!
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
216 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2022, The_MetalMaster wrote:

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2022, RNK wrote:
Yes, Vampire Bee is the same just new graphics, Bees with FANGS hence the name - Vampire Bee!

Thank you for the clarification gentlemen. I have been looking at Ultimate Homing Card, but it's a bit pricey.

This one seems to fit the budget better...
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2022, JuanPoop wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2022, The_MetalMaster wrote:

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2022, RNK wrote:

Thank you for the clarification gentlemen. I have been looking at Ultimate Homing Card, but it's a bit pricey.

This one seems to fit the budget better...

Yes, it is bit pricey. Yet I would recommend you save up and get it down the road….. a big reason I say that is because ago my offers sets of additional cards with other themes. Take a look.

Having said this: Vampire is great! You will have the kids (and parents) in stitches and it does offers magical moments as the new returns. Btw, I came across a hand puppet bee to produce at the end. Can’t think of the link but Google should be of help should you like the idea.

Have fun with Vampire Bee and keep in mind the Ultimate Homing Card for down the road.

Take care,

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
At what age does this routine become a bit too babyish?
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 4, 2022, Ed Oschmann wrote:

I believe in Tommy’s book he says he performs it up to 10 or 11 years old. I prefer to keep it around the 4-8 range. Idk what drives the kids more nuts, the UHC or the Lopsided Cyclops!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2022, Ed Oschmann wrote:

I think 10 or 11 years old is about right. Definitely not over 11 though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ultimate Homing Card - Tommy James (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL