The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magicians spread viruses? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
373 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
As one who thinks the whole response to this coronavirus and it’s lockdown has been overblown, in light of the threat and the fact that it’s proven to be only incrementally more deadly than the typical flu season, I’m wondering how this will affect magic and magicians over the short and long-term. It’s debatable whether the lockdown, at least past a certain point, has led to saving lives or has been a total wash in terms of the number of suicides, people losing their livelihoods, deaths of despair, not being able to have routine and necessary medical procedures done, etc. I’m also wondering how this will affect magic, not only in how we adapt our tricks to the paranoia, but whether people will be as willing to hire magicians over the short and long-term future. I for one do not relish the idea of having to perform while wearing a mask, and I’m sure other magicians have been hurt much much harder than me in terms of losing their entire livelihood over the past two months and possibly in the future as well. I guess only time will tell, but it’s up to the general public, yes, “We the People,” to question whether these measures were valid or whether the “cure” so to speak, was worse than the disease.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2962 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I hear ya Timothy and totally agree. There are more than numerous immunologists and microbiologists that say wearing masks and social distancing for the healthy does more harm to the immune system.
Herd immunity is seldom discussed. Why do infants put everything and anything into their mouths. They are building their immune systems. Those Dr.'s are silenced and banned from the media.

I had to laugh. I was at Home Depot on Saturday. Had to wear a mask, had to enter and exit the store in specific places. People were scrambling for carts to haul paving stones, mulch, plants etc. When one person was done with their cart others were eager to get the cart which were in short supply.
Did they care about sanitizing it? No, No, No, they could care less.

Regarding magic, I think people are going to say enough is enough and act out on that sentiment. Hopefully sooner than later. (Well not if the fake news media has anything to say about it)
I had a cousin that just died this morning after a bout of cancer. Over 605,000 people die from cancer every year in the US alone. (National Cancer Institute) Are we shutting the country down to find out why? Heart Attack deaths every year....ready for it? Close to 650,000.

Deaths from Covid and we really don't know if they actually died from covid is 99,459. All deaths are sad period. Even a CDC official stated that if a person died from a respiratory illness or other co-morbidity but had the covid antibody they were noted as "official cause of death-covid-19) They didn't die from covid, thet died from 30 years of smoking.

Time will tell but this is the FIRST TIME in our nations history where the country was shut down and our Civil Rights are being taken away. Civil Rights are inalienable. Which means cannot be taken away. Well certain governors don't care. I'm done ranting. Hot topic for me and MANY others.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magicians spread viruses? (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL