The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Looking for book recommendation (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I did a quick search and read thru many pages that, although informative, id not help me. Specifically, I am looking for a book on making tactile marks wit a pinpoint pegger. Not necessarily a spur of the moment marking (like bathroom strippers) bu marking a deck or just a group of specific cards at home for personal use in magic. Thanks.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1251 Posts

Profile of reese
What comes to mind is what was originally in the Cervon Notebooks but published before in the 'Lost Secrets of Vernon' series.Basically... it's a small square your thumb passes over. (G'luck.) That's to get the value of every single card. Otherwise... it is much simpler to do....
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Ok, thanks. I will dig into the Vernon stuff. I don’t have the Cervon (but I think I can get that on L&L epup.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1251 Posts

Profile of reese
What do you want to accomplish ? You can peg cards in much simpler ways. Depends on what you want to do. (The Vernon bumbs work remarkably well) But if you just want to peg aces or other values. Do it. Your self.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Just something I want to try out. I would not only like to mark a couple high cards but maybe a whole deck. I do a lot of my own gaffing and make my own gaff decks too. I see a couple decks on the market for $60+ and rather than just buying one of them to copy it, I would rather look into the literature and come across it myself and hopefully in my own way. I have a few ideas and I do use my pinpoint pegger to do some Mike Powers stuff. I am just always trying to reach out a do a little more and make gaffs that are my own.

Smile Smile
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1251 Posts

Profile of reese
Great. Explore that. Then...share it with the rest of us. You have my full support.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Techno-tactile cars marking techniques for cardicians

Taking the punch out of punch work

Shawn Evans

May be of interest to you.

JH
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1541 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Punch work for magic (because it's magic you asked about).
Nobody has done more quality work on the punch than Marlo.
Also, for some "new" thinking on tactile work, Shawn Evans book noted above is excellent.
Almost impossible to get your hands on these days, but mind enhancing is Ray Grismers "The Punch Letters" - it was the one of the first "deep dives" into punch work.

Some areas to focus on:
1) Conceptual work examining what is possible with the punch, what "kind" of information can be transferred quickly and efficiently.
2) Straight up card tricks, as per Marlo, Ortiz, Mike Powers, etc
3) "Geographic" discussions about how and where the physical punch work can be put in in order to get relevant information to the appropriate person.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Good to know that Marlo seems to have a good bit. I recently got the Punch Deal video from MYmagic. I have all the info on Mike Powers PM Principle too. I will look into the Shawn Evans book. I have a book by Shawn on the Mene-Tekel Principle that I found very informative and I will comb thru some Darwin Ortiz stuff I have also. Thanks for all the leads.

Smile Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
I came with an idea of using one-way tactile marks for one-way deck tricks. It is on secret sessions somewhere.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5180 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2020, tommy wrote:
I came with an idea of using one-way tactile marks for one-way deck tricks. It is on secret sessions somewhere.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=37
If this is it, I like where you were going with the idea.

Smile Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes. I am sure somebody like you Daddy could come up with far better ways of using it or presenting it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
5ggg
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of 5ggg
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2020, reese wrote:
Great. Explore that. Then...share it with the rest of us. You have my full support.

lmaooooo, you also have my support
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Looking for book recommendation (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL