We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New show (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
Fantastic ! as always, loved the prop spotting and love letter to the bizarre. If you haven’t seen it yet you won’t be disappointed.
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Thanks for watching!
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
I belly-laughed hard when proto-Andy Nymans' first instinct was to murderously bosh him in the nut, rather than peek his secrets!

You two are so good are creating and portraying these vile and tragic characters. The look on Mr. Pemberton's face at the crack of the whisky bottle cap, oh man.

I had not seen anything of this new programme before, but had enjoyed your "The League of Gentlemen". I will be watching more now.

Thoroughly recommended.
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
I’m glad you found it. You now have five series worth of our stories to enjoy!
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
There is a lot of magic to Inside No. 9. The writing is extraordinary. It is quite a trick to maintain this level of interesting, absorbing scripts over an anthology, and the talent they keep pulling out of the hat (in addition to Steve & Reece) is just astonishing: from Felicity Kendall and Fiona Shaw to Derek Jacobi and David Bamber (in a role that will surprise!) I am treating myself to one episode each day and, sad to say, I'm nearing the end of the fifth series. The least episode is quite worthwhile, most are simply superb, and two are among the best things I have seen in a very long time indeed. And, if you are looking for more straight-up magic, with a hook, do keep an eye out for Mr Jelly.

This is excellent viewing.

BC
Phasmologist
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2020, papalazarou wrote:
Thanks so much! I’m delighted you enjoyed it. It was - as you spotted, a love letter to the bizarre!

Massive congratulations to you and your wicked crew, Papa L.

It’s not a golden hare, but a BAFTA’s still alright.

Looking forward to catching up when your new season hits BritBox!

Bizarre Regards,
Perkins
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Thanks for congrats re BAFTA . I hope you enjoy the new season. Available from today on Britbox…
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
113 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2021, papalazarou wrote:
Thanks for congrats re BAFTA . I hope you enjoy the new season. Available from today on Britbox…

Another superb season, Reece, every tale different but sublime in its own special way. All are superb, but three deserve special mention...

'Last Night of the Proms' opens far more cans of worms than a first viewing might suggest, with many dark trails for the mind to follow.

I am sure 'How Do You Plead?' will be a favourite here. Its premise immediately suggests a bizarre scenario which should be evident and usable to every visitor to this forum.

For me personally, the highlight was one which people will probably love or hate, depending upon personal tastes: 'Wuthering Heist' I adore it! Why? Maybe it's my love for masks and clowning. Maybe it's my love of razor sharp word play. Or maybe it's because Gemma Whelan, our narrator, has me drooling...

But a magnificent collection all round.
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Ah thanks so much! Yes - if there was an episode that this forum should watch first - it would have to be “How Do You Plead” I guess…. probably my favourite from series six. So glad you enjoyed “Wuthering Heist” though! Was great fun to film, and “Last Night of the Proms” is the truly horrific one of the series!
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2021, papalazarou wrote:

Perfect! Enjoy the spoils and thanks for the heads up. Also, really been enjoying the Inside Inside No. 9 podcast. Great insight. Now on can get caught up on both.

Headed back inside…
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2278 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I watched Inside Mo. 9 on Brit Box over the past few evenings. Simply marvelous. In several instances, Idid not

see tghe ending coming .

The episodes are so well acted and produced. I Will never look at the Salem Witch Trials the same way again!

Kotah
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Thank you Kotah! The Witchfinder’s episode is probably my favourite of them all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New show (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL