The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your every day carry magic items (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
walidosama
View Profile
Regular user
algeria
108 Posts

Profile of walidosama
Hello guys

am curious about your EDC
i carry a deck of card
svenpad
my business cards
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Tube (London underground book test) and my Cassidy wallet which is my everyday wallet.
Lakewood, Ohio
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5823 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Magic? You are in the wrong section.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12195 Posts

Profile of John C
Zig zag illusion.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Oh yeah my phone. Wiki test being my favorite.
Lakewood, Ohio
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10091 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2020, Tom Cutts wrote:

My first thought as well.

John C - Hilarious!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of celebrity
My dead lock effect, plus the Paranormal wallet which contains the Black Door envelopes Smile

And some regular coins for my Equilibrium effect too.

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Not being funny but my mind.
I do quite a bit of propless mind effects.
Todd
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10091 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I was thinking the same thing, doesn't anyone perform without props and gimmicks and just their mind and mental abilities?
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1985 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Pendulum, pencils, paper.

Patrick
walidosama
View Profile
Regular user
algeria
108 Posts

Profile of walidosama
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2020, Mindpro wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, doesn't anyone perform without props and gimmicks and just their mind and mental abilities?

it's true propless mentalism is the best

i would like to learn if you can guide me to a good book that has propless mental in
walidosama
View Profile
Regular user
algeria
108 Posts

Profile of walidosama
Quote:

no am not

tell me one mental prop that can't be use in magic
the way of performance is different but the props are the same
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5823 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2020, walidosama wrote:
Quote:

no am not

tell me one mental prop that can't be use in magic
the way of performance is different but the props are the same

“Mental prop” “magic”. Good to have confirmation.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10091 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Like so much around here these days it is more than just words, it's a foundational understanding of mentalism and the differences. Just the thought of props and gimmicks reeks of magic, doesn't it? By identifying it may help the OP to put thoughts and efforts into gaining a better understanding than worrying about tricks and gimmicks. I see it being helpful and clarifying far more than anything spiteful.
Ubernutz
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Ubernutz
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2020, Mr. Woolery wrote:
Pendulum, pencils, paper.

Patrick

What’s your favorite pendulum effects. I love a card dowsing with ESP symbols
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18818 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2020, Mindpro wrote:
Like so much around here these days it is more than just words, it's a foundational understanding of mentalism and the differences. Just the thought of props and gimmicks reeks of magic, doesn't it? By identifying it may help the OP to put thoughts and efforts into gaining a better understanding than worrying about tricks and gimmicks. I see it being helpful and clarifying far more than anything spiteful.

I doubt it, he's a new user, there's probably a mild language barrier as he's from algeria and snarling won't help anyone...
I've asked to be banned
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1025 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Every day (pretty much) I carry with me: Moustache Wax (home made), the keys to my home, rings on my fingers, a pocket watch with secrets, the pain of life that's left after meditation, BW, a fancy ball point pen, the love of my family, back issues, a mint leaf in my shoe, a small mojo bag, Love & Peace, things to let go of (see pain of life...)...Oh, and my IPhone (see also pain of life).

And in my daily bag: My wallet and it's normal contents, a business card wallet, two pendulums (one crystal, one wood and owl shaped), a silver dollar sized coin, five or six small pencils, blank business cards, a few small pads of paper (one being Kodama), an oil crayon, a pair of sunglasses, a marker, a pack of Gnostic Playing Cards, a pack of hand drawn oracle cards, air pods, back up corded earbuds, a small bag of stones for readings, Acetaminophen...

With this I could probably entertain for the foreseeable future.

Note from experience, plan to keep everything you want to cary in your bag and make space for it, buy the smallest possible bag for day to day living. If you are like me, you will fill your bag no matter the size.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Satanic Playing Cards Live on Kickstarter Now...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/satanicplayingcards/the-satanic-playing-cards
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2560 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
For 'every day' I don't carry anything specifically related to performance. Phone, wallet, keys. Maybe a Leatherman multi-tool.

Between suggestion/hypnosis, readings, energetic work, and CMR I can perform indefinitely if I so choose.

I hesitate to say "propless is best" because it's just another genre. The "best" is what the performer has taken the time to develop and hone, on a case by case basis.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3920 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I would have said something like "my ability to read body language and cold read" before I actually considered what I DO carry with me everywhere.

But when I thought about it, I realized that I am never without billets. Never. They enable me to do my Center Te*r, do effects like the classic Cassidy Name/Place -- a pile of different options. Billets open a whole new vista of possibility. (The are the ONLY thing I carry with me when I go to a sales appointment with a prospective client.)

Impromptu performances are either a) a gift to the people you are with b) a way to attract attention of a prospective client or c) just because you happen to feel like performing. The only rule I have for these is that WHEN and IF I CHOOSE to perform -- it's my idea for my own reasons.

But when you add Cold Reading skills and the ability to accurately read Body Language to ANY effect, it transcends the effect and becomes something quite remarkable -- and completely impossible to dismantle.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1025 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I’d love to see you work a sales appointment David.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Satanic Playing Cards Live on Kickstarter Now...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/satanicplayingcards/the-satanic-playing-cards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your every day carry magic items (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL