The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Clear Mystery by Himitsu Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
A puzzle effect that cannot be explained as anything but pure magic. After you assemble the puzzle, you are able to add another piece and it still fits. Then add another, yet it all still fits in the original frame. 100% angle proof, easy to do, quick reset, no need to palm or cover anything and can be inspected by your audience.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63102

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Certainly looks very pretty, but how is it different from all the similar "extra piece" puzzles around?
Kurtis Chin
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of Kurtis Chin
Agree with Seth. Tenyo has a version called "Perpetual Puzzle" and looks exactly the same. It is also cheaper. "Clear Mystery" does not look any better in terms of the construction of props either (as in Tenyo Elite). Here it is on Penguin's site: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21868#reviews
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I cant imagine this is a new method.
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
Thought the exact same thing... have the Tenyo one and this looks just like it, but with 'clear' pieces... what makes this better (different)? I realize this has been around for awhile and various versions, but this one seems an exact copy of the Tenyo one.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2020, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I cant imagine this is a new method.

Exactly or an improvement on the existing Tenyo version. This looks to be the exact same effect with a higher price tag!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey All -

CLEAR MYSTERY has a different method from Tenyo's. This one can be handed out with no switching and examined 100% with nothing to find.

Hope this helps

Patrick
saverle
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
114 Posts

Profile of saverle
The difference is that the frame is completely examinable ...

Yet no ditching of pieces.

The performance is literally crystal clear...
saverle
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
114 Posts

Profile of saverle
I have it, and I find it brilliant.

It’s ingenious in its simplicity.

I’ve never thought it would work like that!

It’s the cleanest version!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Are people generally impressed or amazed by these types of effects?
Earlier today I was packing items for storage in a plastic crate. I got everything inside of it but then couldn't quite get the lid to snap shut. So I ended up taking many of the things out of the crate and rearranging them. By doing this I found that not only would the lid now fit on easily but I also had room to add a couple more items.

Now I am not saying that this is a perfect comparison to this trick, in fact, I'm not even claiming it to be a good comparison.
But I guess my question is...won't most people just assume that it is entirely possible and even logical that when you rearrange items you can create more space?

I realize all the defying physics stuff, my point is simply that I'm not sure the average spectator will see it any different than loading things into a box or shopping cart and then rearranging some things to make more room. They do things like this all the time.

But I could be totally wrong and this totally freaks people out and boggles their minds, that's why I am asking what type of experience most people get when they perform this type of effect?
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
In response to videoman, I feel that some people are possibly more fascinated by what takes place than fooled by them.

In essence, what they see you do is interesting to them and in some cases, considered to be magical.

Further, I see these puzzles as something very enjoyable and entertaining to those who buy and collect them. They really like this type of puzzle and enjoy acquiring some if not all of the different versions. Perhaps more fascinated by them than the spectators but that is okay.

I happen to be someone who really enjoys this type of puzzle and own several versions of them but not all. I prefer the smaller size versions.

The two newest versions...Mini Tangram Paradox and Clear Mystery are my favorites and I get a big kick out of handling both of them. Each one different but equally nice!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree with videoman. I have the tenyo version and enjoy playing with it, but I honestly don’t think most spectators understand that this should be impossible. My wife didn’t. My kids didn’t. And most telling, my near genius geologist father in law didn’t get it. At best, it gets a “so what” reaction.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
These are variations of the Freer creation/discovery and should be appreciated as such.

To discount these puzzles as no big deal is to show an unfortunate lack of appreciation of the genius of Freer.

The fact that you can accomplish what takes place is fascinating and extremely creative IMHO and the opinion of many others.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Nobody is questioning the genius. I just think magicians are impressed by it way more than spectators.
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
Nobody is questioning the genius. I just think magicians are impressed by it way more than spectators.

I agreed. I get a lot of "haha, it's a nice puzzle."
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Very late to the party...lol. But let me aks thoseof youi who do not feel it is amazing. Take a sheet of paper and cut it in a few piece. Now put it back together. Are you done? Ok wait...here are 2 more pieces add them to what you now have and don't increase the size. When you are done call me. I don't expect to ever receive a call from you. One word here to make this amazing, "PRESENTATION". Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
In agreement all around. Excellent puzzle, just not very magical how it is usually presented.

HOWEVER--acesover is correct that presentation is key. If you can take more of a story-telling approach, and add in some real magic and spookiness, then it becomes a bit cooler and more mysterious. The only one I've seen do this is Simon from Jenzo Harmonics, with VOODOO PUZZLE, which is brilliant! Specs see a wooden puzzle with a roughly carved human figure on it. Pieces are dumped out, spec picks one of four aged face down cards, sight unseen. Puzzle is put back together, and this time one of the figure's body parts is missing! Card is turned over--it is the exact body part that the spec chose! Was it some sort of black magick..?

https://www.jenzoharmonics.com/product-page/voodoo-puzzle

Now that is how to take an otherwise ho-hum effect and make it work!

Seth
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
Here's a video of the puzzle and routine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY8TlmgM3w0

Quote:
On Jun 3, 2020, Seth speaks wrote:
In agreement all around. Excellent puzzle, just not very magical how it is usually presented.

HOWEVER--acesover is correct that presentation is key. If you can take more of a story-telling approach, and add in some real magic and spookiness, then it becomes a bit cooler and more mysterious. The only one I've seen do this is Simon from Jenzo Harmonics, with VOODOO PUZZLE, which is brilliant! Specs see a wooden puzzle with a roughly carved human figure on it. Pieces are dumped out, spec picks one of four aged face down cards, sight unseen. Puzzle is put back together, and this time one of the figure's body parts is missing! Card is turned over--it is the exact body part that the spec chose! Was it some sort of black magick..?

https://www.jenzoharmonics.com/product-page/voodoo-puzzle

Now that is how to take an otherwise ho-hum effect and make it work!

Seth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Clear Mystery by Himitsu Magic (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL