The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Cancellation of Bookings due to Corona (145 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Universal Orlando Westhill open to limited capacity on June 5th.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On May 23, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
I'm not getting into it. I think this I'd by and large political. If you don't think so cool.

Live music events have a TON of reasons they are not opening. Logistically is 90% of there problem with live events. Tours, hotels, large venues and a million and one other things need time to restart.

On another note Universal Orlando Westhill open to limited capacity on June 5th.

You’re the one that said it was political. I was just asking you to clarify.

Regarding live music... Trust me I know... I make my living working on national concert tours. I’m personally happy they aren’t back yet, I don’t want to be living on a tour bus with 12 other people right now.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Universal is opening with limited capacity. All the doomsday scenarios are getting tougher to sell to the public. We will see what happens.

I have NO CLUE if it is right or wrong or what will happen. IF it differs not bring about a huge spike in deaths I think things will start to change quite rapidly. Only an opinion.

What I have no remote idea of is what happens if the very real possibility of things flairing up again comes to pass? No matter what any of us "think" it is possible. Then what? Pretty scary thought.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Universal is the first major park to open.... which is an interesting move. Will be interesting to see how it plays out for them.
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
378 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
Although I suppose some people are not old enough to remember it (hard as it is to believe) I wonder if the coronavirus is going to turn out to be something like the Y2K scare. That was when everybody thought the world was going to end, the lights were going to go out, we would have to live like hermits because all the computer systems were going to break down simultaneously. That was widely seen as a total wash after the fact. Although some people argued that the disaster was avoided because precautions were taken, I think the general consensus was that the whole thing was just blown way out of proportion. It seems we’re kind of in the same situation with the coronavirus. The original predictions were 2 million fatalities, hospital boats were brought into New York Harbor, new hospitals were built, half the country was locked down for two months, the way of life for many of us was changed forever, and the whole thing has turned out to be not much more dangerous than a typical flu season. Will time judge this as “disaster avoided” or as a Y2K scare on steroids? Time will tell.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Well... 100,000 and counting didn’t die over y2k in the USA did they?

I’m not happy over the loss of shows for me, but this is not the time to be gathering large groups of people indoors. Imho of course.

One of the major events I have booked for August is outdoors, so I’m hoping for the best.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
This is NOT Y2K. There is very real death associated with this.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
One of my events in August just cancelled today... Postponing the multi-day event until 2021.

I’ve got another multi-day event lined up for August and then the start of a national concert tour in late August... we shall see if either of them actually happen.
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
378 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
It’s funny how some of the people who are Now cheering on the protesters, who are marching cheek by jowl with one another, were the same ones insisting we all continue practicing social distancing for the foreseeable future. News flash: there is very little social distancing going on with the massive protests, (which I consider to mark the unofficial end to the COVID quarantine). Nevertheless, the damage to many people’s businesses and livelihoods has been done, and it will take a long time for many to economically recover from all of this.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Its very sad about all the people that have died and have become sick from the virus. Every day we see the reports of how many people have died and tested positive. But will we ever know the statistics of increased suicides, drug addictions, drug overdoses, domestic abuse and injuries, etc. etc. I believe the riots were, in part, a result of the mental trauma caused by the shut down. Perhaps even the death of George Floyd was partially to blame for the police officer's mental state cause by the shut down.

Staying home in isolation is against the nature human beings! We NEED to be productive, even at the risk of getting sick.

Concerning the economic impact, its been devastating and far-reaching. Its as bad if not worse than the great depression, which took a good 10 to 15 years to recover. However, I believe the American economy is a mighty engine that will overcome this.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2020, MagicalArtist wrote:
It’s funny how some of the people who are Now cheering on the protesters, who are marching cheek by jowl with one another, were the same ones insisting we all continue practicing social distancing for the foreseeable future. News flash: there is very little social distancing going on with the massive protests, (which I consider to mark the unofficial end to the COVID quarantine). Nevertheless, the damage to many people’s businesses and livelihoods has been done, and it will take a long time for many to economically recover from all of this.

Also ironic to see posts of folks who were complaining about stay-at-home/shelter-in-place now denouncing protests and curfews. Went from "you can't keep up locked up!" to "If police tell you to stay home...stay home!"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Is it possible to believe some of the states tried to over reach with some power grabs during lock downs? AND at the same time believe that protesting it wasn't the worst thing in the world because it is their right? Oh AND believe that those protesting (Peacefully mind you.) have an absolute right to make their point with protesting also about George Floyd?

I happen to believe that if you want to exercise your right to protest have at it. I am also in the camp that each group actually has a point to make. I may not agree with both, or either but I still support their absolute right to do so. I wish we could all just TRY that and see how it works out.

People have a right to protest both things we agree and disagree with. I used to think THAT was part of what being American was all about. Silly me. So lets just support each other and our rights and not make this political and give the moderators a lot of extra work or delete this and all get angry PM's.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
378 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2020, imgic wrote:Also ironic to see posts of folks who were complaining about stay-at-home/shelter-in-place now denouncing protests and curfews. Went from "you can't keep up locked up!" to "If police tell you to stay home...stay home!"

Don't you see the reverse hypocrisy of demanding "stay at home" one day and the next day cheering on thousands of people swarming the streets without any distancing whatsoever? Also don't you see the difference between protesting and setting fire to things? If you don't, God help you.
Vandecarr
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Vandecarr
Back to performing and drawing as contracted beginning June 18th, with Zero restrictions.

First fair with zero restrictions is the end of July.

All the rest of my contracts going forward (from end of July through the end of September) are all a go!
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I'll admit that our larger domestic and international tours are all 2,000 - 5,000 seat venues and are pushed back until at least 2021.
Ray Pierce
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
At least are the scary words.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
At least are the scary words.

Oh, I know! On the other hand, I just got news that the Disneyland Resort is reopening on July 17th and Downtown Disney is opening on July 7th with obvious restrictions and additional rules. I'm not sure if the DTD entertainment will be back but I hope to hear soon. All of the park wide entertainment (shows, parades, fireworks, etc.) is on hold.
Ray Pierce
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2020, Ray Pierce wrote:
I'll admit that our larger domestic and international tours are all 2,000 - 5,000 seat venues and are pushed back until at least 2021.

Last week the artist I work for said “fall tour is iffy, I’m really hoping we can at least do the Christmas tour”
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Last week the artist I work for said “fall tour is iffy, I’m really hoping we can at least do the Christmas tour”

I know, the problem is that the large shows are at the far backside of "Essential" and have so many practical and economic obstacles to overcome. Of course it doesn't help that there are still so many cases spiking through the country from that very example of large gatherings.
Ray Pierce
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I created this effect, especially for COVID performances. I hope you all like it. It is in the spirit of our craft and the pain of these times. See effect here: Much thanks to Stevens Magic Emporium for their commitment to keeping us happy during rough times!

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/covid-......rs-mask/
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Cancellation of Bookings due to Corona (145 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL