We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Cancellation of Bookings due to Corona (145 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15 [Next]
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
685 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, StarManager wrote:
I created this effect, especially for COVID performances. I hope you all like it. It is in the spirit of our craft and the pain of these times. See effect here: Much thanks to Stevens Magic Emporium for their commitment to keeping us happy during rough times!

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/covid-......rs-mask/


Haha! love it! Definitely a top shelf item
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, Bill08 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, StarManager wrote:
I created this effect, especially for COVID performances. I hope you all like it. It is in the spirit of our craft and the pain of these times. See effect here: Much thanks to Stevens Magic Emporium for their commitment to keeping us happy during rough times!

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/covid-......rs-mask/


Haha! love it! Definitely a top shelf item



Ahh Dan! So glad it tickled you! Love your gallery at your link! Best of luck during these challenging times!!! JT
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
685 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Thanks JT! (the link didn't work for some reason, but I was able to find it at the website)
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, Bill08 wrote:
Thanks JT! (the link didn't work for some reason, but I was able to find it at the website)


For others curious: Let’s see if this link sticks: https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/covid-......rs-mask/

IF not - visit Stevensmagic.com and search COVID. Look for the man with the full face cover . . . Enjoy!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I predicted December earliest but I was wrong. I am booking shows now. My only concern is social distancing and most of my routines require handling items by my audiences.


PS Like the performer s mask. Four minutes until dizzy is a good fail safe. I wore something similar at Walmart. Got a lot of stares and one photograph.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Danny... you think it’s a horrible idea to have a plan in place in case we can’t perform for the rest of the year? Plan for the worst, hope for the best!


Well here we are at the end of the year. And guess what? ALL PERFORMERS ARE WORKING AGAIN! Oh wait, I mean the other thing. Guess who was WILDLY WRONG about this! Go ahead guess.

Wildly, unbelievably embarrassingly wrong!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1185 Posts

Profile of thomasR
2020 is simply crazy and unpredictable...

I just saw that one of Copperfields staff tested positive so they are suspending shows until further notice. They had just reopened.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
But you didn't guess.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2544 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2020, thomasR wrote:
2020 is simply crazy and unpredictable...

I just saw that one of Copperfields staff tested positive so they are suspending shows until further notice. They had just reopened.


Come to find it he tested “positive” for antibodies but negative for COVID, but they are still requiring the entire cast and crew to be retested before they can open again.
Ray Pierce
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
CRAZY! He tested for the ability to be resistant to the disease. OH LORD we live in a crazy world.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1185 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Looks like Vegas shows are down again for a few weeks. Not sure when it started but they were talking about it on Penn’s podcast that aired last week.

I think Copperfield and Piff were the only 2 magic shows back up and running.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2544 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I think Murray is back up at the Flamingo.
Ray Pierce
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1185 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2020, Ray Pierce wrote:
I think Murray is back up at the Flamingo.


Oh really? Last time I saw Murray he was at planet Hollywood before Angel opened there. I knew he had to move but surprised the flamingo would have Piff and Murray.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
There is about to be a LOT of shuffling going on with showrooms in Vegas.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1185 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
There is about to be a LOT of shuffling going on with showrooms in Vegas.


Very true! Piff was playing the main showroom in Flamingo and on one of Penn’s podcasts he mentioned that the Forum was being tossed around for them!

Anybody happen to know what Copperfield was doing when he was open? His show had so much audience participation I'm curious how he changed it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am sure they will stay at a Cesar's Entertainment property.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10223 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Piff has been having a bit of a hard time. Word behind the scenes is there are some problems which I am sure is part of what is going on.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2544 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
My mistake, Murray is hosting the Laugh Factory at the Trop. and is (I believe) the only magician working the strip for now. Puff was in the smaller room at the Flamingo but shifted into the main room we were in earlier in the year. From what I heard, David is still down but took out all of his stuff with him in the audience. He’s using his crew for stand in’s for Floating Rose and some of those things, he’s still bringing people on stage but they have to be masked and 6 feet away. I’m not sure if they are still enforcing the 25 foot “moat” between the first row and the performer which has been brutal for most entertainers and especially for magic.
Ray Pierce
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1185 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2020, Ray Pierce wrote:
My mistake, Murray is hosting the Laugh Factory at the Trop. and is (I believe) the only magician working the strip for now. Puff was in the smaller room at the Flamingo but shifted into the main room we were in earlier in the year. From what I heard, David is still down but took out all of his stuff with him in the audience. He’s using his crew for stand in’s for Floating Rose and some of those things, he’s still bringing people on stage but they have to be masked and 6 feet away. I’m not sure if they are still enforcing the 25 foot “moat” between the first row and the performer which has been brutal for most entertainers and especially for magic.


Oh cool. I’ve always liked the Tropicana, feels “classic Vegas” still but not in the old and dated way. Would be fun to see him there.

That makes sense regarding David’s show, still has got to be an interesting version of his show to see.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2544 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I’ve never been to the comedy club at the Trop but I’m sure it’s functional and work is work!! If anyone can make those restrictions work, It is David, Chris & Homer. I’ll admit I’m curious myself.
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Cancellation of Bookings due to Corona (145 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL