The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Cancellation of Bookings due to Corona (145 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2020, Decomposed wrote:
I agree Danny. Open things back up. I and many others can take precautions and lets get the workers back. It will still not be normal but ease back at least.

Where did I say open things back up that you agree with?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2020, 252life wrote:
Were the towels at least a quality double ply?

It is crazy. The place is called CVS. I was in a hurry and saw they had them and grabbed a semi large pack of paper towels. I think there was six rolls. I will go to grocery store next time. The government stimulus check I am using for the supplies.

Danny I just agreed with your post. Of course they should not open the world up. Just places with just a few cases.

If you are saying to keep restrictions going however, I disagree. Healthy people need to go back to work in States where data shows "curve" has come down. There are still lots of information I just take with a grain of salt. Listening to a virologist tonight who is saying the opposite of what the task force docs are saying. Book released today The Plague of Destruction. Sold out in one day. Just sayin.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes the guy who said that we need to know how many are infected and if it is really high that is good. Hmmmm I wonder who had been shouting that and being corrected that since day ONE.

Oh wait that was me!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yeah, hey my post I said book was plague of destruction. Correction, its Plague Of Corruption.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Mark your calendars, we all share a full page of agreement.
Enjoy this moment gents, drink it in. History indicates it may not last lol
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I was driving down Williams Blvd. in Kenner, La. today to drop off paperwork for taxes so I can apply for a PPP loan. I need the paper work for the crumbs they are giving back. Everyone else was driving around like I did before this. The traffic was even thicker than on a normal day. I guess those crumb payments are coming in. No crumbs at my house yet, but it is all good...I booked a gig! I'd rather work.

ACE Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The Paycheck Protection thing is based on what you made. If it is crumbs that is your own fault.

You also qualify for unemployment insurance and that extra $600 a week. Yet you want to call it crumbs.

I seriously am worried about this exact thing. This is such an unprecedented event, government makes people more than whole and it is not enough.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
What I mean is that it is crumbs compared to what I paid in. They take take take and give very little back...( it was a nice way of putting they steal from us and then give us a tiny bit back and expect us to be grateful)

My real point before I got sidetracked was it looked like a busier than normal day on the Boulevard. Not many are staying home.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well they are fighting a pandemic and I'm pretty sure it costs money. The CDC doesn't exactly fund itself.

I'm not a fan of taxes but when the fire department shows up I like it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
A theatre contacted me about booking a show in early November, and a summer camp wanted to know about options for late June.

The camp said they were planning on having more activities at the camp since they are not sure what field trips will be possible.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tell them to watch a live stream of your show since that is the future.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
It's a very hard thing to fathom for us not living in the US about opening up again compared to other countries. For context, where I live there was no new infections today. We only have 103 people still recovering from the virus and only 6 people in ICU. 7 deaths in total in our state. Our state government here in not looking to open up for a while yet. Pubs, clubs, restaurants, and a whole slew of business are forbidden from operating. The government is offering different payment schemes etc. Though not everybody is happy, the majority are keen to ensure this virus doesn't drag on forever.

I've lost all of my gigs I had booked, and it's not looking good for when kids parties will be allowed again. Just yesterday a kids party was being held in a Melbourne suburb and the cops were alerted and attended and gave out $26,000 in fines to the hosts and parents who attended with their children.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I heard they may postpone the Olympics (now scheduled for the summer of 2021) again! IMHO this sets the record for most disturbing corona virus news thus far.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
By the direction of the Library Administration I had 2 library shows cancel for July 15th and July 27th. I take that as significantly bad news since other summer library events are not far behind. Plus, I am fearful this will set off a 'we care more than you' cancellation frenzy.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
All my May-July shows have been cancelled. The organizers all feel bad about it, but it's hard for them because they're dealing with so many unknowns. So I certainly feel their pain. If there is a bright side, they've already booked me for 2021.

I have other shows booked from August going forward, however, I'm just not getting my hopes up at this point.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2020, Gerry Walkowski wrote:
I have other shows booked from August going forward, however, I'm just not getting my hopes up at this point.

This is where I’m at as well. We will see how things go as some states begin to open up. I’m hoping by August events will be happening but it is anyone’s guess at this point.

Fortunately the stimulus and unemployment money have come through for me, which is a nice surprise.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I think August is reasonable Thomas. I portended December at the beginning of this mess.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well it depends upon what state you live in. August is longer than I thought this stupidity would last. It is political now, and this much is sad as can be. I thought June might be a turning point. I still think on some level it might be.

But if the country is locked down on the 4th of July celebrating freedom might be tough.

But I am having serious doubts if New York or New Jersey will be back to anything close to normal for performers in August.

I mean think about the MONUMENTAL task of bringing back Broadway. Not only the ticket sales point of view and if it even pays the theater cost to keep people SO far apart, but the idea of recasting, rehearsing and on and on. I don't know what is going to happen. The longer it goes the tougher it is. It is not just turning on a switch.

Other parts of the country will be back sooner obviously, but I thought I saw where Disney is closed until 2021? Not certain how that will pan out or not.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On May 5, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well it depends upon what state you live in. August is longer than I thought this stupidity would last. It is political now, and this much is sad as can be. I thought June might be a turning point. I still think on some level it might be.

But if the country is locked down on the 4th of July celebrating freedom might be tough.

But I am having serious doubts if New York or New Jersey will be back to anything close to normal for performers in August.

I mean think about the MONUMENTAL task of bringing back Broadway. Not only the ticket sales point of view and if it even pays the theater cost to keep people SO far apart, but the idea of recasting, rehearsing and on and on. I don't know what is going to happen. The longer it goes the tougher it is. It is not just turning on a switch.

Other parts of the country will be back sooner obviously, but I thought I saw where Disney is closed until 2021? Not certain how that will pan out or not.

Totally agree regarding Broadway and the West End shows. I can't even imagine what a mess it is for producers trying to figure out what to do.

Regarding Disney... the shareholders call today they basically just said "we don't know" regarding the domestic parks. Shanghai is opening with extreme measures (you must display a government health app to enter property, you have to have a temperature check, you must wear a mask at all times except when eating.).

I've heard rumors that Disney World might open up the shopping district around the beginning of June? The shopping area was the first to open at Shanghai as well.. it opened a few weeks ago. (For those non-Disney fans each Disney property has an outdoor shopping area that is outside of the parks.)
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On May 6, 2020, thomasR wrote:

I've heard rumors that Disney World might open up the shopping district around the beginning of June? The shopping area was the first to open at Shanghai as well.. it opened a few weeks ago,

I’m really hoping that Downtown Disney will open out here as well. On the other hand, I’m not sure if they’ll be bringing back the entertainment options as we tended to draw crowds of over 100 people for our shows. Time will tell!
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Cancellation of Bookings due to Corona (145 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL