The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Charming Chinese Challenge coins (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Looking for a source for the best coins for Troys routine. Need them thin like Troy uses.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
There are multiple threads on this, however, I have always used what Troy recommends on his DVD. Sterling half dollar size. For me they are the best. You will get dozens of opinions and answers to this.
w i l s o
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of w i l s o
Vanishing Inc do sell a version with some suitable coins made per Troy's specs. Thryre actually pretty good.
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Lance Pierce,” Recharmed I’m Sure” effect uses heavy brass coins. I use them for my CCC routine. . I love them and couldn’t ever go back to using the thin ones. Gravity is your friend for certain moves. Think how rubber core knitted balls (heavier) differ from the ones containing cork for the Cups and Balls. My two centavos.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I have the *Recharmed Im sure* and the coins are Dollar Size. I agree they are heavyweight - but suitable. I also bought some of Dollar Sized Chinese coins from Roy Kueppers ($8 - $12 each) which I prefer over Lance Pierce coins. Mark Mason at JB Magic just release sets of (4) Half Dollar Sized Chinese coins with color choices for $14-ish. You can also find coins with and without shells on eBay.
Just as a tip: Look for SAME Chinese design on both side! (Trust me) Kueppers are same design on both sides.

Good Searching!
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Wez_Evans
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
52 Posts

Profile of Wez_Evans
I decided I didn't want any chance of things looking like props,and so opted to use washers Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On May 26, 2020, Wez_Evans wrote:
I decided I didn't want any chance of things looking like props,and so opted to use washers Smile

They even come in colors now at some stores.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
griz326
View Profile
Regular user
Eureka, Montana
129 Posts

Profile of griz326
I'm looking for ancient cash coins. I had some when I returned from China the first time but gave them away as gifts. If only I could get them back Smile
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
The Coins that come with Vanishing, Inc.'s set of Charming Chinese Challenge are silver-dollar size: They are the right weight and size for Troy Hooser's Routine, and are, I think, priced right at $40 for the entire Routine (with Video Explanation) and all necessary props and nicely packaged.

I would recommend buying this set. I have it and it is VERY nice, indeed!
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
While looking at this set I noticed a similar product but they advertise it uses a s[*]l . Is this an improvement over the Hoosier Routine?
Thanks
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
Cuchullain

Not sure a shell would help, never tried it. I do the original routine from Troys DVD. To me, it is the best version. It is fun to work out new versions that fit our style etc. But for me, there is no real improvement to the original that would make me switch.
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
Thanks for reply - I will follow your advice and work with the original
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
Chech with Tom Ladshaw magic.
griz326
View Profile
Regular user
Eureka, Montana
129 Posts

Profile of griz326
>>>Just as a tip: Look for SAME Chinese design on both side!

An over-observant audience Smile

Should be extremely rare occurence. Did something unusual happen with your handling, Stephon?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Charming Chinese Challenge coins (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL