The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So hand washing is a new thing huh? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27136 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2020, critter wrote:
Although I guess most of us get a used toilet seat when we rent a place someone else has lived in so eh

Yah know, at the back of the seat are two hinge covers, and below that are the ... nope, not gonna tip real magic secrets Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16230 Posts

Profile of tommy
What have we got that isn't made in China?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2020, tommy wrote:
What have we got that isn't made in China?

Coronavirus.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27136 Posts

Made? It's looking like animal traffic - pangolin in particular - was a cause in this animal-to-human virus event.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16230 Posts

Profile of tommy
They have a patent.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2020, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Made? It's looking like animal traffic - pangolin in particular - was a cause in this animal-to-human virus event.

Correct. In Wuhan, China.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20553 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Guys Critter was making what prior to the internet was called a joke.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I'm a counselor. I've heard every paranoid conspiracy theory. I have to laugh about some of them or I'll need my own services.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3509 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
All of the conspiracy theories originate from the same tiny cabal in Lithuania...at least that's what people are saying.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20553 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, Pop Haydn wrote:
All of the conspiracy theories originate from the same tiny cabal in Lithuania...at least that's what people are saying.

Smartest joke of the Pandemic!

Also quite funny.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20553 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, critter wrote:
I'm a counselor. I've heard every paranoid conspiracy theory. I have to laugh about some of them or I'll need my own services.

I can imagine.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27136 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, critter wrote:
Other peoples personal logic can make good presentation... just not in front of the person whose story you are using.

If you recall the classic "turn off the electricity to stay safe from high powered rifle" story - re-frame that as a "Matrix glitch" where you show how a compass moves when you turn the DC power on/off. "See, it's all a simulation. Now if only we can hack it a little further..."

So, what good stories have you heard?

(avatar pic to change very soon - the smug shot joke just didn't play Smile )
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2756 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Seriously I fear for a society that has not already tumbled to the fact that hand washing helps to curtail the spread of virus.

It is sort of the same as another thing that happens. I feed my dogs raw food. (NOT trying to start a debate. If you do not do this then cool.) Human grade raw food. The BIG argument people have with me is the bacteria, and the fact that it can be on the surfaces of counters and such.

Here is a crazy thing I do after I FIX MY DINNER as well as when I handle the dogs food. I WASH THE COUNTER! Write that down. It turns out it seems to curtail bacteria! I then wash the dish he eats out of! Crazy talk huh? I also wash my hands BEFORE I HANDLE THE FOOD. I mean it really does seem to help some. I mean yea it is only anecdotal evidence I must admit but it seems powerful.

How has the need to wash hands and dishes become such a burden and something that people seem just too busy to want to do?

I don't believe it's a question of people NOT washing their hands at all, so much as it's a question of people not washing their hand CORRECTLY!

Most people, get their hands wet, put a little soap in the palm, rub the palms together, then the backs of their hands and rinse off.

Total time; between 5 and 8 seconds.

Most people DON'T get in between their fingers, (or fingers and thumb) and most certainly don't continue lathering for 20 seconds before rinsing.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Under the nails is critical.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20553 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2020, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Seriously I fear for a society that has not already tumbled to the fact that hand washing helps to curtail the spread of virus.

It is sort of the same as another thing that happens. I feed my dogs raw food. (NOT trying to start a debate. If you do not do this then cool.) Human grade raw food. The BIG argument people have with me is the bacteria, and the fact that it can be on the surfaces of counters and such.

Here is a crazy thing I do after I FIX MY DINNER as well as when I handle the dogs food. I WASH THE COUNTER! Write that down. It turns out it seems to curtail bacteria! I then wash the dish he eats out of! Crazy talk huh? I also wash my hands BEFORE I HANDLE THE FOOD. I mean it really does seem to help some. I mean yea it is only anecdotal evidence I must admit but it seems powerful.

How has the need to wash hands and dishes become such a burden and something that people seem just too busy to want to do?

I don't believe it's a question of people NOT washing their hands at all, so much as it's a question of people not washing their hand CORRECTLY!

Most people, get their hands wet, put a little soap in the palm, rub the palms together, then the backs of their hands and rinse off.

Total time; between 5 and 8 seconds.

Most people DON'T get in between their fingers, (or fingers and thumb) and most certainly don't continue lathering for 20 seconds before rinsing.

Seriously? People don't know how to wash their hands? Society is indeed doomed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Tim Snyder
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
91 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:

Seriously? People don't know how to wash their hands? Society is indeed doomed.

Luckily, Christopher T Magician has come along to save the day! https://youtu.be/V1hthhTKdjw
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20553 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am going with doomed, and using that video as proof.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16230 Posts

Profile of tommy
Secret societies are doomed because they can no longer use secret handshakes.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Secret societies are doomed because they can no longer use secret handshakes.

But they are shaking hands. You just don't see them because they're secret...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16230 Posts

Profile of tommy

"But, none of this counts if there is a virus."

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So hand washing is a new thing huh? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL