The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is the Corona Virus impacting your business yet? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (100 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1496 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2020, Mindpro wrote:
If I was telling a joke it would be funny and you would know it.

Can you show me any evidence of that? In any recent thread? Serious question. I am totally baffled by your statement you worked comedy clubs. I want to believe you, but you never show any sense of humor here.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1229 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Quote:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm not the one spreading panic and misinformation here. Also, I've also been working comedy clubs for over 35 years. If I was telling a joke it would be funny and you would know it.

The fact is, many people who have contracted the virus are recovering fine each and every day without any treatment by letting the virus run its course. Just like the flu or any other virus. Not sure what is so hard to understand about this.

Most people, the majority of the people who contract this are not going to hospitals and are just recovering naturally. Not sure what is so hard to understand about this or why it is seen by a joke by the know-it-alls here?

I believe the virus has an economic impact that is also affecting
quite deeply, beyond its medical complications (which mostly are mild to moderate)

I don’t see a reason how Mind Pro is in any position that would force him to elaboratehis entertainment background. I don’t want to see this thread derailed.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1496 Posts

I have never met a top level entertainer without a strong sense of humor. Never. You have to have a twinkle in your eye and a playful mind to be entertaining. I've read a lot of posts by Mindpro and have never spotted any playfulness or humor.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1229 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I have never met a top level entertainer without a strong sense of humor. Never. You have to have a twinkle in your eye and a playful mind to be entertaining. I've read a lot of posts by Mindpro and have never spotted any playfulness or humor.

Ok.

Anyway.

The virus is unfortunately staying for some time. It’s a difficult time for those depending on performing as their primary income. If in the US, I suggest planning ahead as if it will take at least 3-4 months for things to settle down. And I hope I’m wrong.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1944 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm not the one spreading panic and misinformation here. Also, I've also been working comedy clubs for over 35 years. If I was telling a joke it would be funny and you would know it.

The fact is, many people who have contracted the virus are recovering fine each and every day without any treatment by letting the virus run its course. Just like the flu or any other virus. Not sure what is so hard to understand about this.

Most people, the majority of the people who contract this are not going to hospitals and are just recovering naturally. Not sure what is so hard to understand about this or why it is seen by a joke by the know-it-alls here?

I’m on your side of the fence here, hope that wasn’t misunderstood lol
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1944 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:

If this thing doesn’t start to correct soon, a twinkle in my eye is all I’ll have left Smile
I’m sending my new signage off to Vistaprint, “will mind read for spare change”
If I have it printed on distressed cardboard it’ll match my 1800 Bikes perfectly.

-Theodore Annemann
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11968 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I think it will be over in a few months 252. Things then will slowly pick up. They already are testing some good treatments and it should not be much longer before 99 percent will recover (and reported as such). We have been through similar albeit, not this drastic things before. I for one do not like to see busy streets and highways empty. Its surreal and like a twilight zone episode. It just ain't right.

When all is over, most people will urn for live entertainment while a few will have gotten use to virtual when all is said and done.

Disclaimer: My opinion only.

Decomposing Negativity Day Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18693 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Perhaps people need to take a step back and realise how much of a **** they sound... Digital bravado isn't a good look...we are all suffering in different ways and levels...

Cool yer boots...
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
331 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Difficult times expose the true character of people.
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? Vincent V.G
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3814 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
It's a very divisive topic. I have my own opinions about it -- some of which I have shared and some I keep to myself.

But the bottom line is that "it is what it is." Standing on the sidelines throwing rocks doesn't help anyone.

Yes. I really miss doing shows. I miss the travel...meeting the client...doing the performance -- that good feeling after the show has been done...that whole beautiful process. It's all I've done since 1990. Everything was rolling along fine...then it all came to an abrupt Fred Flintstone kind of stop.

There IS a devastated economic conclusion to this virus. No question. There is also that whole 'unknown' factor as to what this virus is REALLY doing. Lives are more important than money or the fact that some guy is sitting in his den is missing show business.

For my part, I am staying home because that's my current obligation to society. I am developing projects and working on some revisions to my show. I'm choosing to make the most of this time...and planning and praying.

Stay safe, guys. Eventually all horrible things come to an end.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1600 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Well said, David. Thank you for your calm words of wisdom and for always being a gentleman.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2020, David Thiel wrote:
It's a very divisive topic. I have my own opinions about it -- some of which I have shared and some I keep to myself.

These opinions, and please correct me if I am wrong, include comparing an infectious disease with potential exponential spread with... auto accidents (which are neither contagious nor capable of exponential growth).

My background is decades of biology, specifically in oncology and immunology (and immuno-oncology if we're counting).

It's not just divisive, it's completely wrong and it's made me lose all respect for anyone who makes stupid comparisons like that.

So, divisive? Yes, because magicians think they know more than people who have spent their lives fighting stuff like this.

But hey I only have multiple advanced degrees that are relevant to the conversation, so I guess I better shut up, you obviously have formed your opinions on decades of your own experience in the field... oh, you haven't, it doesn't show at all.... (that's sarcasm, something else more relevant than comparing auto accidents).
Anti-intellectualism has been nurtured by the false notion that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."-Isaac Asimov
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1496 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 30, 2020, Chris K wrote:

These opinions, and please correct me if I am wrong, include comparing an infectious disease with potential exponential spread with... auto accidents (which are neither contagious nor capable of exponential growth).

Chris, I think you completely misunderstood the point David was making. He was not comparing corona to a car accident, he was comparing the way media are all over these things like corona and car accidents and how they can feed fear and panic and affect the public. Which was very insightful, very relevant and very true.
Please re-read it. Your accusations are not in line with who David is and what his intentions are.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1944 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2020, Chris K wrote:

Chris, I think you completely misunderstood the point David was making. He was not comparing corona to a car accident, he was comparing the way media are all over these things like corona and car accidents and how they can feed fear and panic and affect the public. Which was very insightful, very relevant and very true.
Please re-read it. Your accusations are not in line with who David is and what his intentions are.

You miss the point UMM. This stranger on a forum claims to have impressive (to him) degrees.
That cancels out your opinion.
Don’t be distracted with reality and facts, listen to him he knows better.
He has access to secret information and the ability to process it in ways beyond your comprehension.

David, your posts are always positive, helpful, and appreciated. Thanks

-Theodore Annemann
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8052 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Only 3 more sleeps before I get to put the bins out.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1496 Posts

You lucky ***. I just did it two days ago. Now I have to wait another 12 days.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5039 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is the Corona Virus impacting your business yet? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (100 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL