The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Omega by Max Major (138 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Fair point Videoman. SO let me rephrase my question to Illucifer: Can you please let me know of a way to accomplish this same effect with a regular deck of cards, where it looks the same as this repeatedly and reliably every single time you do it?
eddiescott98
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of eddiescott98
I just ordered this and watched the video. He claims that participants have actually dropped the entire deck and everything still works fine (a girl in the video drops a few too). I am excited for this one.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Are there refills available, or do you have to pay package price for additional decks?

Robert
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
How much is p&p to the UK
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Here's another look at it. Funny presentation, ha!

That was just a standard (roughed) Svengali.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Just watched the instructions and I like it. Looking forward to seeing if that changes once the deck arrives, but I doubt it. As a side note, Max has a nice way about him. He's clear and enthusiastic about his product.
Anyway, no buyers remorse and I'm looking forward to road testing it.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, giochi wrote:
Fair point Videoman. SO let me rephrase my question to Illucifer: Can you please let me know of a way to accomplish this same effect with a regular deck of cards, where it looks the same as this repeatedly and reliably every single time you do it?

Yeah, let me in on how this would be accomplished as well.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Here's another look at it. Funny presentation, ha!

That was just a standard (roughed) Svengali.

This product is just a standard Svengali? Because this is from the product page.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
All of the above can be accomplished with a standard pack of cards.

You already stated this. No reason to repeat it, unless you share the release you have in mind or -if it’s a routine of your own- shed a bit of a light on how you would accomplish this with another method. Otherwise it just comes across as pedantic.

Unmasked, I wasn't being pedantic or repeating myself. I noted it could be done. Someone listed very specific points, countering my statement. I clarified that it could meet all those requirements. That's all. Smile
It's all in the reflexes.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I ordered it. I like the idea of a "stronger" R&S, so it is worth it to me to give it a shot!

Bottom line is that you are right rowdymagi5! We are all in the know here. we are buying into a new type of solution (pardon the pun) and some of us like the option. For me, this is worth it. That said I want to emphasize that in the instructions they state the cards will mix up in spec hands and that it is OK as the cut goes right no matter what as even mixed you are getting a LC not a SC. Also in the instructions is the most obvious and probably the best Deck Sw***h which you may or may not need to use but which is so easy and effective that it makes this extra special. Reminder there is a point in the routine as shown in trailer where you have spec reach into their pocket to get the prediction. You go mime that with deck in hand and come back with deck in hand . . . I love those!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I have a few uses for something that's 'stronger' than the known options... definitely paying attention and curious about what the stuff might be.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I don’t think the question of whether this exact trick could be done with a regular deck is important but whether such “test conditions” add enough value to most performing circumstances. For my own purposes probably sometimes but rarely.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, Xcath1 wrote:
I don’t think the question of whether this exact trick could be done with a regular deck is important but whether such “test conditions” add enough value to most performing circumstances. For my own purposes probably sometimes but rarely.

I normally feel as you do Xcath1, and you put it beautifully. But I see this as an impromptu opener. By doing this the cards are established as beyond fair and the performer very clean. Once done I think I will get more leeway in my sleights as less heat will be on me. This could be a solid way for my personality to not get challenged as much. I don't get it out loud. I can, however, see that it takes me 5 to 10 minutes to get past the "how is he doing it" and get into the "he's good and I am being entertained" phase.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
This seems like it would be great for tossed-out deck. One person checks the deck, shuffles it, cuts, looks at the card, replaces the cut, and passes the deck along. Does the video reveal what the special stuff is and how to make your own deck?
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, videoman wrote:
Ha, since I am fascinated by these various substances I am considering ordering it for that very same reason.
Magicians are a curious lot aren't we?

Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I ordered it. I like the idea of a "stronger" R&S, so it is worth it to me to give it a shot!

Yeah, though if it is a stronger R&S... then I'd like to know what *that* is so I can use it in lots of other effects. Smile
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, Last Laugh wrote:
I have a few uses for something that's 'stronger' than the known options... definitely paying attention and curious about what the stuff might be.

This is very briefly mentioned in the tutorial, but not gone into detail. Apparently there was some trial and error coming up with the right balance and the "something" is of their own concoction, not something available now.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Does the video reveal what the special stuff is and how to make your own deck?

That would be wonderful if they did but I can’t imagine they are going to aid in people making their own decks in this case.
However, they may begin selling refill decks at some point I would think.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
All of the above can be accomplished with a standard pack of cards.

You already stated this. No reason to repeat it, unless you share the release you have in mind or -if it’s a routine of your own- shed a bit of a light on how you would accomplish this with another method. Otherwise it just comes across as pedantic.

Unmasked, I wasn't being pedantic or repeating myself. I noted it could be done. Someone listed very specific points, countering my statement. I clarified that it could meet all those requirements. That's all. Smile

Ok, thanks for clarifying. So... like many here asked you: what release or method(s) are you referring to?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, 252life wrote:
Just watched the instructions and I like it. Looking forward to seeing if that changes once the deck arrives, but I doubt it. As a side note, Max has a nice way about him. He's clear and enthusiastic about his product.
Anyway, no buyers remorse and I'm looking forward to road testing it.

That’s so cool to hear, 252! I’m tempted now.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2020, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Does the video reveal what the special stuff is and how to make your own deck?

That would be wonderful if they did but I can’t imagine they are going to aid in people making their own decks in this case.
However, they may begin selling refill decks at some point I would think.

Yes, they really need to sell refills, so one can have multiple decks for the great 3 deck tossed out deck routine included
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Omega by Max Major (138 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL