The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Bad Magic Ethics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic_paul
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of magic_paul
Hi Guys,

On Tuesday 10th of March I received an email from penguin magic with a new effect called Bipolar by Ram Cohen and I noticed that it looked very similar to my effect 'iRevolve by Kris Rubens' so I asked Penguin Magic to send me the Instructions for Bipolar to see if it was a similar gimmick as iRevolve and within 10 seconds of watching it, I was 100% certain that this was a copy of my effect. As you can imagine, I wasn't happy and wanted to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I released iRevolve at the worlds biggest Magic Convention Blackpool 2017/18 and it was a top seller. I sold four different versions of iRevolve (different colour changes etc) each using the same gimmick/ method.

So I reached out to Penguin and they passed me onto Shaun Dunn. We have been back and forth trying to resolve it but I am still awaiting for Shaun (penguin) to reply with a solution. So far it;'s going nowhere. They are denying that is is the same method when it clearly is.

I was wondering if any has been in a similar situation and how they resolved it as I feel this will go back and forth for ages.

Fingers Crossed Penguin will do right in the end.

Kris Rubens
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow sorry that happened. Our won't make toy feel one but better but it happens a whole lot.

In my experience I've seen public opinion work best in this situation.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Bad Magic Ethics (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL