The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin Live ACTS & COVID-19 (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
I know it's ordinarily rude to ask this, but we're obviously not in ordinary times - how far in advance are there live acts set to go? I know it's not April 12 (Jeki Yoo). With the new 2x month format, are they covered through at least the summer? And what's the possibility the live "act" format switches to something else? Again, no disrespect to anyone at Penguin - just wanted to know how much normalcy will still be there when this is all over.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
You'd probably get better answers if you emailed Penguin directly.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
They won't respond. I wrote to them 3 times and they didn't respond. They ripped me off when they changed the frequency of lectures so I cancelled my subscription.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Hi BCE,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We have Penguin Live Acts filmed and scheduled for release through late May 2020.  We plan to film additional artists scheduled as soon as gatherings and travel are deemed safe for our artists and audiences.  We are not planning for a lapse in releases. If that changes, rest assured, subscribers will be notified and we will handle it in a manner beneficial to our customers until things get back to normal.   

Thank you for your continued interest and support.  We will work hard to keep bringing you the best new magic.  

Stay safe and healthy.

Tim Trono
Penguin Magic
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
We need more free or discontented lectures for all us guys and girls that cannot work at this time. Some help, please.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2020, King14 wrote:
We need more free or discontented lectures for all us guys and girls that cannot work at this time. Some help, please.

If you can get over to 'ReelMagic', they seem to be offering free trial access to their site for this weekend only
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Jair
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Jair
Quote:

This sounds to me like an incredibly selfish thing to ask for.
This crisis will have such a strong impact on economy in general. Many stores will have to close down and even the big ones will have to let people go.
If companies or single artists give things away for free then that is very generous of them and everybody should be happy.
But to ASK for it? Especially in the cultural market... Do you know if the artists will be paid if their lectures are given away for free?
Do you know if they make enough money right know with all their canceled gigs and so on to support their families?
What have you done or given away for free lately?
Practice your card sleights. Write on your scripts. Meet other magicians online.
Go out an buy groceries for your older neighbors if you are in a position to do it.
Don't sit in front of your internet forum and ask other people to give you things for free...
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2020, Jair wrote:
Quote:

This sounds to me like an incredibly selfish thing to ask for.
This crisis will have such a strong impact on economy in general. Many stores will have to close down and even the big ones will have to let people go.
If companies or single artists give things away for free then that is very generous of them and everybody should be happy.
But to ASK for it? Especially in the cultural market... Do you know if the artists will be paid if their lectures are given away for free?
Do you know if they make enough money right know with all their canceled gigs and so on to support their families?
What have you done or given away for free lately?
Practice your card sleights. Write on your scripts. Meet other magicians online.
Go out an buy groceries for your older neighbors if you are in a position to do it.
Don't sit in front of your internet forum and ask other people to give you things for free...

Absolutely.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Totally agree. It’s incredibly high-handed of the original poster to expect freebies at the time of crisis. Instead of begging - I mean demanding - for free content, perhaps he’d like to share some of his private magic stash with his fellow ‘sufferers’? 🤔 I didn’t think so!
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2020, magicbern wrote:
Totally agree. It’s incredibly high-handed of the original poster to expect freebies at the time of crisis. Instead of begging - I mean demanding - for free content, perhaps he’d like to share some of his private magic stash with his fellow ‘sufferers’? 🤔 I didn’t think so!

Actually, the original poster (myself) was asking - way back when, at message #1 on the thread - for more info about upcoming availability of Penguin Live ACTS to *purchase* them. This very first message was posted Mar 15, 2020 04:21 pm. King14's message was posted days later, on Mar 21, 2020 12:45 pm

To reiterate the message of the "original poster" (myself) - we should all be SUPPORTING & PATRONIZING artists (including magicians and mentalists) and distributors of their work (including Penguin.) I'm sorry King14's message derailed what was intended to be support for our field.
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
If you are self-employed like me you get no help. I am volunteering to help my community ( That means FREE ) and lots of people are cutting the cost of items to help people at this time. I would like people to help support everyone in any type of work.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I'm using the enforced indoor time to spend a little more time with books. I have enough magic material to last for a couple of lifetimes (anyone with Tarbell does, actually). I truly appreciate all the people who are giving away or discounting items to distract us from the unpleasantness, but I don't expect it and I don't demand it from anyone.

I am just about to graduate in a field that was fairly easy to get employed in last year, but now everyone is putting on a hiring freeze. It sort of sucks, since it means I may be without an income for several months longer than anticipated, but I still don't expect anyone to give me their creative works.

Just sayin'.

-Patrick
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
HAHA, people get so uptight! This is a message board so that whomever reads the post and desires to act on it may do so. Were YOU named specifically and asked to give something for free?
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Weird question, he did just what you implied this message board is intended for, just sayin.

Nm
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Why don't they offer 50% off on lectures right now everyone is at home & I am sure they can use the business .
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Just seen Peter Turner's rant about Penguin on Facebook. Holy Moly.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
It would be nice for penguin to offer their customers something to stay busy during these times!!!!!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Penguin always looks for creative ways to serve our customers even when we are not in a middle of a global pandemic Smile. I'm sure some fun stuff is just around the corner.

I love our lectures but if you are looking for A TON of bang for your buck I recommend the Tarbell series. I have been watching them for the first time and WOW they are really great.

I can recommend a great one to get started with. Tarbell 36 Intimate magic. 20 trick for $9.95 and there's more than a few that I love. My favorites are Double Cross, Button Off the Vest(It has nothing to do with buttons) and Phantom Safety Pin https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5995
P3
practice practice perform.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2020, Doric wrote:
Just seen Peter Turner's rant about Penguin on Facebook. Holy Moly.

Looks to me more of a beef with mystic Factory and Murphys Magic

Considering they were allegedly selling Digital copies of his product for 24 months and they refused to even acknowledge the amount sold

13 products over 24 months they are claiming not one sale

https://www.facebook.com/peterturnermind......3575584/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin Live ACTS & COVID-19 (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL