The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best pretexts to cull cards or arrange cards in front of spec (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2020, Chamberlain wrote:
Line of Sight by John Bannon gives you an excuse to remove 5 cards in the guise of mind reading.

Look for tricks that have similiar set ups but one allows you to set it up openly. An example is paul currys a swindle of sorts, you need to get the A-10 out in order for that trick, you can then use that stack for Lazy Mans Card Trick

Another example is Oil and Queens, or say Follow the Leader - any trick where you remove cards can be used to stack the next trick.

Also by Bannon is "Ulterior" (similar to Line of Sight) on Move Zero, Volume 1. It is used as a pretext to set up a small top stack (four aces say) for the next effect.
Phil
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Why run if you aren't being chased?

In my experience, it works best for me to be direct and simply tell the spectators that you are stacking the deck, and they will see what you have done in a minute after you are done stacking the cards. This is dumb stupid simple. And it works for me every time I do it.

I learned to do this somewhat by accident while I was learning to do Paul Curry's "Out of This World". It's how I "get into it" . I think that the best part is that it makes perfect sense in the spectator's mind. Kida like a "Red Herring" that isn't. I sincerely recommending trying it and seeing if it works for you.
Matt G
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
77 Posts

Profile of Matt G
My favorite trick that ends in a full deck stack is Patrick Redford's Thought Master. Tamariz's is awesome as well.

Bob Farmer also has some great ideas for rapidly stacking a deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best pretexts to cull cards or arrange cards in front of spec (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL