The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Take Monte by Bill Wisch (Bill's Version of 3 Card Monte) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
Hi all,

A quick post to share with you an effect that has been around for some time but has never really received any exposure.

It is "Double Take Monte" Bill's Version of Three Card Monte. It is a 3 card monte unlike any other that is so incredible in its ingenuity (and simple to do!). A great unique monte that kills (see the video!)

Available for purchase at https://www.billwisch.com/store as part of "The New Wisch-Craft Wonder Deck" (a 2019 creation). The deck includes three other wonderful effects and even includes an instructional "Personal Lesson" DVD filmed at the wonderful Sparta Stage in Sparta, NJ explaining each routine in detail!

Magic Castle Performance Youtube Video: https://youtu.be/btooKrijMKQ?t=39

Summary:"Double Take Monte" There are many monte routines out there, but none (I've been told) as entertaining and powerful as this. It contains five, 'dynamite' disclosures that are as astonishing as one routine can contain.

Thank you all for the consideration!

Best,
Kevin
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
I like the looks of this and also like the fact you can perform it without a table.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2020, RNK wrote:
I like the looks of this and also like the fact you can perform it without a table.

Thank you RNK for the kind words! To make it easier for everyone to see the video, thought I'd embed it using the proper code in this reply: (Beginning of video is regular 3 Card Monte, then transitions into Double Take Monte at :34)

KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
Also, FYI for those who may not know who Bill is: Bill's Biography from his website: https://www.billwisch.com/biography

Tony Slydini only selected one protege: Bill Wisch. Bill Wisch is a 49-year full-time professional sleight-of-hand artist, performer and innovator. He is the only student Slydini ever authorized to lecture Slydini's magic on his behalf. Bill is the inventor of over 30 original sleights, winner of multiple awards in magic and is proud of the fact that the majority of the magic he does is of his own creation.

In 1973, Bill began studying with Tony Slydini in New York City. Slydini is considered by many magicians to be one of the two finest 20th-century performers, teachers, lecturers and creators of artistic sleight-of-hand magic; Dai Vernon is the other. Bill studied with Slydini for 7 years, taking more than 120 lessons during that time. In 1976, Slydini wrote a personal authorization letter to all magic societies and associations in North America, sponsoring Bill to represent him and take his place introducing, demonstrating and marketing his long awaited, two-volume, book sets, "THE BEST OF Slydini AND MORE", and "THE MAGICAL WORLD OF Slydini", both written by Karl Fulves. These two book sets are considered to be must-read standard classics in magical literature. Bill lectured Slydini's methods and techniques, as well as his own, to thousands of magicians in 74 cities across the US and Canada in 1976 and 1978.

Over the years practically every magic periodical has featured at least one Bill Wisch article, effect or column. In September 1984, at the personal request of Dai Vernon, Bill Larson published a "Special Issue" of Genii Magazine, that, "due to unique content and innovative photographic explanations", became, according to the publisher, "one of the most requested back-issues in the history of the magazine."

BIll has since performed thousands of shows for parties, project graduations and corporations and lectured over 600 times all over the United States and Canada. He performs regularly in the New York/New Jersey Tri-State area.
KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
I had several inquiries asking which other effects are included in the "New Wisch-Craft Wonder Deck". Sorry for leaving that out! In addition to "Double Take Monte" included in the deck are:

"Image"(The Princess Card Trick)
A newly IMPROVED and UPDATED design from Bill's "Royal Redo", which was amazing by itself! Royal Redo was a printed deck; this deck is a newly HAND-MADE version!

"In-Half"
Created by Peter Kane. A fantastic three card packet effect where the center card is stretched to almost twice its length! A real fooler!

"Match-Ic"
Performer and spectator perform a powerful "Do As I Do" effect with a surprise ending!

Please let me know if there are any other questions. Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Take Monte by Bill Wisch (Bill's Version of 3 Card Monte) (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL