The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unlocked By Gustavo Sereno and Gee Magic (120 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
Charming Cheat
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of Charming Cheat
I do not own either of the apps but from what I have read in this thread(completely), I would like to say:
Unlocked has few differences(considerably different) from IUYM.
Overall, by their creation, magic community as a whole is benefiting from it. We get more apps in the market and we have an option to choose from these similar(not same) products. When Unlocked hit the market, IUYM's price was decreased-which is good consequence of competition.
Some may prefer unlocked and some may prefer IYUM. BUT both apps MUST exist.
Not that youtuber.
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
322 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Hello all:

I’ve been waiting some time to post this so I could check the app. Well let’s see. in my opinion unlocked is not a copy of IUnlockYourMind. It’s simply another way of doing he same effect as there are countless other on market.

Last one that come to mind is Hugo Shelley's Sixth Sense and Flux from Promystic. here the similarity is undeniable. Both same method same effect and yet I see no one complaining.
Why is that? Why only complain with Unlocked? double standards?

Unlocked provides the same effect with different methods and it came to fill a void in the market. Android users. it seems IUnlock was only available for IOS and only after Unlocked came out they ran to make an inferior android version.

Also Unlocked allows you to unlock with finger print or face Id that IUnlock doesn’t.

So pls stop fighting and get the one you like. They’re different products.

My opinion.

Thanks
Alex
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
872 Posts

Profile of dyoung
What's the effect in the spectator's mind when they unlock using the finger print or face id?

All the best,
Dan
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
322 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Hi Dyoung

didn't understand your question.

The phone unlocks like when you do it with pin
Alex
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
872 Posts

Profile of dyoung
So their face or fingerprint unlocks your phone?

//Dan
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
322 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Dyoung

Yes
Alex
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
872 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Oh, ok... I wonder what they think the effect is.

//Dan
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Kind of sounds like that takes it from a powerful mentalism effect to an undisguised app trick.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Gustavo Sereno
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Gustavo Sereno
This is something that all the effects must have, good presentation.
by the way 252life this is an option. the user can choose if they want to do it or not. And maybe is to modern for you. Magic is getting modern now a days. You should update yourself.
you can say whatever you want because we know what your trying to do since the begining of this thread.

when unlocked was release there was 8 differences between our version and iunlockyourmind, and now there is 10. that's the facts.
and there will be more soon.

People are starting to see what happened and the truth about this subject.

=)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
No. That was a genuine observation. Maybe you should stick to cloning Mykes apps as-is.
He has a winning formula and you were doing much better when you stuck to it.
No hard feelings though. Not everyone can be original.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Will D-Lites be included with future updates?

-Theodore Annemann
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
322 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
252 life

you seem to be fixed on saying Unlocked is a copy which is not. all the functions can be used or not up to you. Again I ask why calling this one a copy when its just another way of achieving the same effect when none of the other "copies" are mentioned? no one has yet replied to that which I find strange.

Oh well your ideia. ill stick with mine
Alex
Gustavo Sereno
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

i talk about "modern" and "update" and you asked if I m going to included d lites??? hahahahahah

about cloning... that is the point that you didn t understand but I will say it again. 8 differences when we release unlocked, now there is 10.
about your statment do you have iunlockyourmind and unlocked??? if you don t have your arguments are based in what? assumptions??
or you just saying that because its the same effect??? if that is the reason that's curious because I m not seeing you on other products chats here in magic Café that have the same premiss: "Same effect; different methods"

winning formula??? say that to the android users that waited 7 years.
and if it was a winning formula we didn t created unlocked...

but yes its a great effect.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
All sarcasm aside for a second...
As far as the clone issue. I obviously believe it’s too close for comfort and I didn’t find your explanations believable.
I don’t think you’re the Devil though either for the record.
That aside, I agree with you about having options. I was being honest though when I said that I thought it reduced the power of the original effect.
But, I state that with my presentational style in mind. And you’re also correct in that I do not own your app. I am not saying that as a dig btw, but for transparency.
I shouldn’t have dismissed it out of hand, my apologies for that. I’m sure many folks will appreciate and find it fantastic.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
And don’t pretend like the D-lite comment wasn’t hysterical:)

-Theodore Annemann
TonyBrand
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago, IL
491 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Wanted to say upfront that I don't have any ties to either creator, so what follows is my unbiased review of Unlocked for Android.

A little background would probably be helpful. Ever since I heard of IUYM several years ago, I'd been interested in a version that was compatible with Android. Having a background in IT, I understand why developers tend to shy away from creating Android apps. Still, as an Android fanboy, it's hard to see a lot of the top magic/mentalism apps only available for iOS. Alright, enough about my personal grievances.

Fast forward to March of this year. I ran across this thread and was excited to see that Unlocked was available for Android. I could finally perform a straightforward PIN divination effect without needing an iOS device. I reached out to Gee Magic directly and got set up with Unlocked.

The setup process was simple and registration takes less than a minute. You're then taken to a set of instructional videos that explain how to use the app, routines, etc. The instructional material was very well presented and covers everything you need to know about Unlocked, both for Android and iOS.

Unlocked is a web app, which some people may take issue with. Having said that, I personally don't have an issue with it and found it to be pretty seamless when testing. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to give it much of a test drive given the current situation (we still have a stay-at-home order in effect where I live), but I can't say anything negative about the user experience. I also wanted to commend the developer (Artur?) - you can tell that a lot of time and thought went into the creation of Unlocked. Although the spectator won't really care, the UI is nicely laid out and very easy to use. It makes performing Unlocked a breeze. It also just looks slick, which is something I appreciate.

Getting the required information on an Android device is pretty straightforward. If I were designing the app, I may have changed the method of obtaining the information, but even in its current state, it does what it needs to do. You take your phone back from the spectator and you have your information in a split-second. Not much more you could ask for. It's also worth mentioning that you could obtain the information using a second device so that there is no need for your phone to leave the spectator's possession in order for you to obtain the information. I've tested this and it works very well.

Overall, I really like Unlocked and appreciate that it was brought to market for Android users. The app is easy to use, customizable, well-designed, and does exactly what it claims to do. The support from Gee Magic has also been excellent, so I wanted to give credit for that as well. I don't see myself using either the fingerprint/face ID unlock features as it's too "magic-y" for my taste, but if that fits your performance style, it's a nice little bonus.

Again, I can't speak for the iOS functionality as I don't currently have an iPhone, but if you have an Android phone and are in the market for a PIN divination, Unlocked is a great option.

Rating: 9/10

Quote:
On May 3, 2020, 252life wrote:
And don't pretend like the D-lite comment wasn't hysterical:)

I appreciate this comment. Smile

252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Smile

-Theodore Annemann
Felipe Oliver
View Profile
New user
Brazil
51 Posts

Profile of Felipe Oliver
Quote:
On May 3, 2020, Gustavo Sereno wrote:
This is something that all the effects must have, good presentation.
by the way 252life this is an option. the user can choose if they want to do it or not. And maybe is to modern for you. Magic is getting modern now a days. You should update yourself.
you can say whatever you want because we know what your trying to do since the begining of this thread.

when unlocked was release there was 8 differences between our version and iunlockyourmind, and now there is 10. that's the facts.
and there will be more soon.

People are starting to see what happened and the truth about this subject.

=)

Gustavo,

do you have any plans to insert the functionality to send the PIN code to smartwatchs? if so when will this feature be launched?

Regards
Gustavo Sereno
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Hello Felipe,

we don t have plans to insert the peak to smartwatches. We defend since the beginning that all of our settings and features were different from Iunlockyourmind and we want to keep that way.
i hope you understand.

best regards,

Gustavo Sereno
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5711 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Mental picture was one of my favourite apps of all time by you guys but you eventually failed to support the app after loads of promises .
How can we be sure you will be in it for the long haul like Marc and Greg do with their apps ?
That’s my main concern with not just you guys but with Lloyd Barnes and co etc .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unlocked By Gustavo Sereno and Gee Magic (120 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL