The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Unlocked By Gustavo Sereno and Gee Magic (120 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2020, Mark8infiniti wrote:
IULYM is the original app - from the renowned App Creator Myke Phillips - with years and years of endorsements from the magic world and constant updates behind it.

If you like the amazing effect of unlocking phones, I urge anyone who hasnít got Mykeís app to check out iUnlockYourMInd, the original, FIRST. It cannot be beaten.

Agreed. Plus Myke is a good egg in general Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
When is the Android version out?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2822 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2020, Mark8infiniti wrote:
IULYM is the original app - from the renowned App Creator Myke Phillips - with years and years of endorsements from the magic world and constant updates behind it.

If you like the amazing effect of unlocking phones, I urge anyone who hasnít got Mykeís app to check out iUnlockYourMInd, the original, FIRST. It cannot be beaten.

I agree 100%
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
925 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
IUYM by Myke is the original and the gold standard for this routine. If you support creators, buy his app. Otherwise, you will be supporting rip-off artists and will eventually cause original creators to stop releasing things altogether.

-Dustin Dean
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2350 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Allow me to interject.

I have IUNLOCKYOURMIND since it was first released and have been using it to great success ever since.

Now, I personally met Gustavo & Gee Magic at a convention in Mexico City a year and a half ago.

Great guys, great conversation, and good hanging out with them.

I have been in contact recently with Gustavo, to see if he could send me UNLOCKED, so that way I can tell you all the differences/similarities between UNLOCKED and IUYM, so that we can finally put this to rest.

I also know Myke since the beginning of time, and he is also a top guy.

I really hope I can get UNLOCKED so I can go into full detail everything regarding both apps.

I also support original creations and creators like Myke, but would like to point out everything in comparing both apps for you all.

This is just so that we can have a baseline point of view from someone that has both apps, and compare the two.

I will let you know ASAP as soon as I talk to Gustavo, to see if he can send me UNLOCKED.

Stay tuned.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2350 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Update:

Just talked to Gustavo, he is sending me UNLOCKED, so I shall be able to review both apps by tonight.

Stay tuned....

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks Alex

-Theodore Annemann
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2350 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Update:

Have installed the app and are currently testing it.

More information later tonight....

Want to perform it for my neighbor, wife, and daughter.

Alex Alejandro
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2350 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So I have had a chance to look over this today, and try it out a few times, so now I can make a comparison between Unlocked & IUYM.

I have the Pro Version of IUYM which I bought from Myke many years ago, and have used it both for close-up and stage.

So let us dive into what you get with Unlocked first, then I can compare the two.

Unlocked

You get a link that you go to in Safari or Google Chrome and once you open it, you Register using your username and password, and the code that they give you once you purchase it.

You are then taken to the main app page, and there are video instructions:

Welcome to Unlocked
Registration and Setup
Handling
Connect with 2 devices
Unlocked Routines
Last Words

This is a web based app, so you do not need to download it to your phone, but you will need to after setting it up to add it to your home screen at some point.

Anyway,

So you first need to setup your home screen, as well as your lock screen, which is easy and user friendly, piece of cake.

Then once you add the icon to your home screen you can click on it, and it will take you to the login page, where you would need to enter your username and password.

Then once you are inside, you can go to settings, and choose the following:

Unlock timer 0-15 secs
Keypad volume 0-5
Log Pins on server

So the effect is basically the same effect as IULM in the audience's eyes. They take your phone, and try to unlock it, and they will be able to, and at the end you already have their unlock code, so you will be able to unlock their phone as well.

So now let us get into the similarities/differences between both apps:

IUYM = downloadable from the app store
Unlocked = web based app
IUYM = effect in audiences eyes is same
Unlocked = effect in audiences eyes is same
IUYM = settings are more comprehensive, you decide when it opens after X amount of tries.
Unlocked = works with or without a timer, if you choose 15 sec, after 15 sec is up, for example phone will open for each digit pressed after those expire, if you don't use the timer, you can decide by tapping a certain section of the lock screen and it will open with the next code
IUYM = with the pro version you can get the zodiac sign & birthday, etc, etc
Unlocked = no zodiac sign, just the unlock code, or bank code, or whatever 4 or 6 digit number you want or bday
IUYM = peek happens after the unlock
Unlocked = peek happens before the unlock on the lock screen itself, or afterwards as well, you choose
IUYM = app stores your history of inputs
Unlocked = during the routine they can input up to 15 numbers before they erase and it starts over
IUYM = in settings you can choose 4 or 6 digits
Unlocked = on the lock screen itself you can choose secretly between 4 or 6 digits
IUYM = If someone makes a mistake, numbers can be deleted
Unlocked = on the lock screen itself, you can delete as many numbers you want using a secret button
IUYM = once phone is unlocked, it takes you to your real home screen
Unlocked = once phone is unlocked it takes you to a fake home screen, since web based app on your phone is still running
IUYM = badge numbers and everything you need
Unlocked = no badge, just numbers as text inputs, one after the other in rows of 5, in case they input a total
of 15, which I don't think you would want them to do it for that long, but they can
IUYM = price for regular version = $45.99
Unlocked = Price: $55.00
IUYM = price for Pro version is $300
Unlocked = No Pro version

IUYM Pro version offers you peek performances, peek notifications, helper switch, selecting your stacked deck, apple watch notifications, so you can do an ACAAN as well.

IUYM regular version =7 years old(2013)
IUYM pro version = 4 years old(2016)
Unlocked = just released(2020)

So in my eyes Unlocked accomplishes the same thing as IUYM regular version, and the only difference I see is that the peek method is done before the unlock if you wish, and if you have an assistant and are doing this on stage, that person can log into another phone, since its web based, and give you the information you need since the history is stored on the web server, so you never have to peek. That is basically the differences I see, but in the audiences eyes the effects are 99.9% similar as they accomplish the same exact thing.

So what is better in my opinion, and which should you buy?

I have been using Myke's app for many years, and it has never failed me.
Now, I know Gustavo and Gee Magic personally, and I do think this was an independent creation of his without knowing about Myke's version.

Gustavo is not the developer it is another guy from Portugal named Arthur, I think that is his name.

Now, that Gustavo knows that there is already an app that does basically the same thing as Unlocked, I am not sure what he will do. The ethical thing to do would be to take it off the market, but in this magic world, you know that sometimes many people do not do that, as this has happened before with people we all know like Myke Phillips, Michael Murray, and the list goes on. I don't believe Gustavo released this on purpose, but I do believe quite possibly more market research could have resulted in them thinking about releasing this or not.

So, let us hypothetically say that they do not pull it from the market, for whatever reason, then a new person that doesn't know about these types of apps will look at two things:

1) price
2) reviews

And here is where I think Myke's app will prevail. Since it has been out for many years, most everyone has this, including top performers. The reviews speak for themselves.
Price.... Myke's app is cheaper by $9.00 Plus Unlocked is $55.00 plus shipping, so it can be anywhere from free shipping to a couple of bucks.
So now, Myke's app is $9.00-$15.00 cheaper, plus lots of reviews from trusted buyers and performers.

I know that Gee Magic also have their followers and people that purchase their products, like Rubiks Art, Lynx Wallet, etc etc, so those people might opt to pay a bit more for Unlocked since they have other products from them, and might not know who Myke is.

So I guess it depends on the person that is purchasing this, but I personally feel that Myke's app is a little bit more complete in the sense of what it allows you to do, and heck if you have the money get the pro version, it is worth it.

I also know and you can see up above when IUYM was released, that Myke was first, so he should get the respect, praise, support.

Support independent creators

I also know that some friend's of Myke, and or magic companies will not be stocking or supporting Unlocked, for respect, and I agree with them, if a magic company stocks Unlocked, assuming it isn't taken down, then it is on them, since in the long run, it can end up affecting them.

Again, I am not here to bash anyone, as I know Gustavo back from a convention we were at in Mexico City, and we had a great time that weekend, but I believe in this specific case, it is a case of independent creation, where more research should have been analyzed, and now that he knows that there is an app that does basically the same exact thing as Unlocked, then it should be pulled from the market. I know competition is good, and if Unlocked is not pulled, then everyone will know in the end who will prevail based on past experiences, apps, dedication, support, reviews, and performers all over the world having tested the app.

It all comes down to, even if there are differences in method, using a timer, peeking, etc, etc.
Does it accomplish the same thing as IUYM? Yes
In the audiences eyes, will they say it is the same exact effect? Yes I know since I did both to my neighbor, wife, daughter, and they saw it twice in a row, using 2 different apps, and they accomplished the same thing in the end.

I will let you decide for yourself which is better.

Just my two cents

Alex Alejandro
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Thank you for your detailed and unbiased review Alejandro.

I was in contact with the creators of Unlocked the week of the Blackpool magic convention because I was inbox messaged by numerous performers, including well respected performers and creators in our comunnity, to express their disbelief that this product was at the convention so these guys knew way before the official release.

iUnlock has been well documented in the magic community so I donít understand how after one google search the creators did not know about iUnlock. My App has been on a number of TV shows around the world. Some well known performers use iUnlock in their shows on some of the biggest stages and some even close their shows with it.

I understand, after putting in so much time and effort into a product itís difficult to see the moral side of things but you have to.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2020, Myke Phillips wrote:
Wow! Congratulations on your original App.

Anyway, iUnlockYourMind Android Version has already been built and will be released very soon for a good price. Regarding iUnlockYourMind iOS version, I will be dropping the price today to £44.99 available here: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/iunlockyourmind/id566965138 just give me 1 hour to do that for you guys.

Myke
X Smile

Can you PLEASE tell me when the Android version of iUnlockYourMind/Phone will be available???
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Iím working exclusively on it right now. The app is ready Iím just adding it to the site and testing
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Thanks for your fast reply can I help you test it please and if you need any help with a web sales page I can help you and I have lots of contacts with magic suppliers in the U.K. one of which I know will do a great exclusive for your launch.

Gary
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, Myke Phillips wrote:
Iím working exclusively on it right now. The app is ready Iím just adding it to the site and testing

Ok please let me know when it is ready.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2350 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Ok I took a look at it again:

only difference I see is in the peek:

Peek is done on the lock screen, before the phone unlocks

Also, in the Last Words section, I missed it yesterday, but they do credit Myke Phillips.

Not sure if this will solve anything, but just wanted to point that out.

Alex Alejandro
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2897 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thx Alex

-Theodore Annemann
Gustavo Sereno
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Gustavo Sereno
Thank you Alejandro for the honest review.

let me just correct two things:
timer: 0-30
sound: 0-100

so the important point here is: are the methods different?
are the peek different? yes.
are the settings differente? yes.
is the effect the same? yes.

As I mention before we didn t know there was a effect like this. After we try and test with some magicians there was one of them that said that there was a effect that was very similiar - Iunlock. He had that version and we compared. And we decided to continue because of the different methods and settings that was involved.

Every setting and feature on unlocked is not on the iunlock and we want to be like that.

We respect Myke and we have credit to Myke philips for the effect.

is or is not the same effect for the layman eyes those ones below???

rubik s dream by Henry Harrius // Rubik con Greogory Wilson
the watch by Joao Miranda // Turner watch
Burn by Gee magic // method 1 by calen moreli
Spark - Self Lighting Candle // The Devil's Candle
Clarity Box by David Regal // Mystery solve - David penn

its just a small list but it could be hundred of pages...

maybe for some of you I wasn t clear enough. So lets go to history of magic:

CARD MAGIC:

Triumph - Created by Dai Vernon // how many versions of well knows magicians are out there of this plot??? isn t the effect the same for laymen??? YES. Was there any problem??? NO.

Oil and water - Ed Marlo (he was who gave the name of oil and water) // how many versions of well knows magicians are out there??? isn t the effect the same for layman??? YES. Was there any problem??? NO.

ACAAN ............................................................................................................................ isn t the effect the same for layman?? YES. Was there any problem??? NO.

shall we go to coin Magic??? 3 fly, Matrix, etc.

It was because of those arguments (based in history of magic) we decided to release Unlocked.

Gustavo Sereno
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
My vote goes to iunlock not least because itís bloody cheaper.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, pegasus wrote:
My vote goes to iunlock not least because itís bloody cheaper.

Can I see the demo of this please as I am waiting for the Android version?
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
This is what Iím dealing with. If by chance you guys create something original, I look forward to it because when it gets copied with slight differences, do not complain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Unlocked By Gustavo Sereno and Gee Magic (120 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL