The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card Stretching (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Can anyone tell me how to stretch a card?

I just want a single card to be a tiny fraction wider than the rest. I don't want to trim or sand the edges of the rest of the deck, I want a single card that is just a tiny bit larger than the rest. I don't want to buy a larger card. There must be some method, like perhaps lightly dampening a card and then putting it in a card press for example? Or perhaps putting a card between two pieces of aluminum foil and hammering it?

Thanks.

KJ
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1548 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
If you can find a way to actually do it, I'll be impressed.

If you can't, https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18536
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Gary Ouellet's ProControl book taught a method to make cards into long cards. I would assume that you could also use this method on the long edge of the deck. The book is out of print and can only be found via secondary market. Short of that, your easiest solution would be to take the deck to a FedEx Office (Kinkos) and have them cut a hair off the long edge of your deck with their guillotine cutter. Probably cost a few bucks.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4954 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
A friend of mine used to keep two cards glued together but slightly off in length to always have a "Long / Thick" key card. Eventually, I made him one that was much thinner by stripping some partial layers away and using DMT to bond. It ended up just a hair thicker and a half border longer. You should be able to do it width-wise if that would help. I could PM you how I peeled to keep thickness right but add length/width.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
You can purchase a sheet of uncut Bike 808s and make all the wide cards you need forever, as well as make some unusual gaffs. $11.99 + $6.99 shipping.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1515 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
This is probably not what you're looking for, but Ellusionist sells a deck with stretched cards, called Cohorts Stretch Cards.

These match the standard Cohorts deck.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
51 Posts

Profile of draupnir
What if you were to split the cards and add a bit of another card inside? If you split the back off of say the Queen of Hearts (or whatever card you want to stretch) and then take another card and split the face and back off of it so you have three parts of the second card. Glue the extra middle part of the card on the Queen of hearts to make it slightly longer or wider and then put the original back on it (this would probably work best if it was only slightly protruding from the card edge). Then take the original back you peeled off and glue it on the card as well as the extra back and cut off enough to cover the part protruding from the card. In theory you could easily do this to increase the length or width of a card and as long as it is only increased by the length of the border surrounding the card or less then it could be easily hidden. Hope this gives you some ideas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card Stretching (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL