The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Siegfried and Roy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Hi,

Does anyone know the name or composer of the music that S & R used to use in their A-Frame routine. I wish that there show could start up again. Its a real disaster what happened. Lets hope Roy continues to get better.

Best wishes,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
Michael Lee
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Michael Lee
Hello All

It goes without saying that any & all that practice/performe the ART of magic owe Siegfried & Roy a hugh "Thank you"
for taking Magic to a higher level.

Both S&R are 2 of the nicest people out there in magic Today & any of you reading this should " Flood" the Marage Hotel switch board if for nothing else but to wish Roy all the best & to wish him Gods speed for a full recovery.

Comemon Guys show your love!!!
As for the inquiry about S&Rs Music...It Is THEY're show music, & NOT Yours !!..... Do some Work & listen to Everything,.... Good luck.

S&R ...My friends I wish you all the best

Michael Lee

P.S. Roy you must remember to feed the Tiger's more Ha ha
Lots of Love guys
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I had no intention of stealing the music and using it I just wondered out of pure curiosity as I already use a similar piece of music for something else and wondered if it was by the same person! Sorry if I gave of the impression of wishing to use it.

Thanks,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Mea Culpa, by Enigma. Don't steal it, though.
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Kevin,

Thanks I thought it was by Enigma. I already use Sadness, which has a similar sound to it which is how I guessed.

As I said above, I had no intention of using it as S&R got it first.

Just asked out of interest.
Thanks,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
I don't really understand how only one magic act may use any particular song. Interstingly enough, commercials, bands, tv shows, all use songs that other people use.
In my opinion if someone else is using a song that you wish to use, simply use it and put your own presentation and personality into the act.

Just my $.02, I could be wrong.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
I would have to agree, if you pay the ascap fees you should be able to use a piece just like anyone else does.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
I agree with Kevin... just because someone else uses a song, doesn't mean you can't use it as well. As long as Robert isn't using it for an Interlude as well, I don't see what restricts him from using it. If this were the case, there would be very few songs left on the face of the earth to use, as I'm sure almost every song out there has been used somewhere by someone. That was my 3rd cent to add....
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Well said Paul. We all use the same props, etc. when we perform. We have to be creative to make the routine "original". There would be no magic trick available to use if we couldn't share, unless we invented our own, and many of us are not inventors. I'm currently searching for the name of a song used by French magician Alain Choquette when he performs "a dream of aces". I would love to use it in a routine of mine. Of course my routine is nothing like "a dream of aces", it doesn't even involve cards, but I just love the song.
Mister Mystery
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Approximately how much for the ascap fees?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
P.S. Roy you must remember to feed the Tiger's more Ha ha
Lots of Love guys

New York magazine used to have an odd contest where they would set up the parameters and people would make entries. One of the themes was "famous last words," the example they gave was; "I wonder if Roy remembered to feed..." - Siegfreid.

Somebody quoted this as an example of a "memes" - some bit of thought that everyone knows without thinking about it. In order for the joke to work, you'd have to know who S&R were and what they worked with!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
As long as you pay the fees then use it.

How many of us used Queens it's a kind of magic when it first came out.

Or going back "That ole black magic"

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Brent W
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Brent W
Not saying to use the music, but you can find copies of Siegfried and Roy's music cd usually used on Ebay....it is great to listen to and brings back great memories if you were lucky enough to see the Mirage show
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Siegfried and Roy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL