We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Zig zag folding (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
221 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
Does anyone have any tips on zig-zag folding silk fountain streamers? I have a silk fountain that becomes a 30' streamer at the end. Didn't know if there might be a trick with a square of cardboard or something to make the process simpler.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22505 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Nope, no such device / gimmick available. With many of these silk folds, you don't have to be exact with the edges.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7378 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
What you are talking about is an accordion pleat. I have heard of guys trying to lay it back and forth in a cardboard box but it still takes time. It does keep the edges pretty much together.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1774 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
It is a true statement that really good Silk Magic usually takes a little bit of time to setup properly.

That was one reason that Marvin Roy said that he loved performing as "The Silk Merchant".....because most magicians were too lazy and thus not inclined to put in the time and effort in order to do 'the work" required to setup a great Silk Act.

I would also STRONGLY suggest owning a set of Rice's Encyclopedia of Silk Magic...in my opinion...it is a NECESSARY tool to have for Magicians who are serious about entertaining with Silk Magic. And those Magicians who do not own this Classic Set of Books are, in my opinion, really missing out on "The Good Stuff".

Accordian pleats are great for appearing to "pour" the silk out of a device, container, tube, etc. This is a VERY pretty display and VERY showy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Zig zag folding (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL