The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Corona Virus outlook (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2020, Mark Boody Illusionist wrote:
ThomasR

As of right now, no indoor shows. The shows that are happening are in "open air" theaters with
social distancing protocols. No audience participants and entrances and exits into & out the theaters
are "one way". All seating is being sanitized between shows.

Mark

My friend Mike Bliss is doing his show outdoors.

Good thing for Mike he is so creative. His show was LOTS of audience stuff. Obviously he has to change that, but if anyone can adapt it is him.

Oh I love Mike! Yeah I’m guessing he can’t do much pick-pocketing right now can he? I love his rope-tie escape, he makes it look so easy!
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I had 4 confirmed bookings this weekend and there couldn’t have been more of a contrast. Here is a report:

The first one cancelled with 24-hours notice because of local outbreak of covid-19.

The second was a crowed swim club with not one face mask to be seen.

The third was restaurant. When I got there I discovered they had decided to close. No one told me.

The forth was a small outdoor party for about 20 people in which every child and adult (including me) wore a mask the entire show.

Outlook: I have no idea!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Ken- I think you summed it up quite well - seems to be anyone’s guess.

My fall tour just officially cancelled today... and a large event in JANUARY cancelled earlier this week.

Meanwhile Disney World is opening up with cast member previews today and annual passholders by reservation later this week.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
The fireworks business is equally getting destroyed. Last year I had 12 shows, this year I was lucky to get 2. 7 shows got cancelled within 48 hours. Pyro Spectaculars normally has 400 - 500 shows on the 4th... this year they had 10.

My big tours are all gone until at LEAST 2021 but the promoter is starting to book "Drive In" events. Originally it was just in LA and NYC but now there are around a dozen starting all over the country. Creativity is winning!
Ray Pierce
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I read that Nevada is going backwards with more restrictions, but I'm not sure if that actually means anything? Florida said they were closing bars but then opened a loophole that allowed bars to stay open if they are serving food.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is a political football. It will go back and forth.

Las Vegas itself will have trouble controlling patrons. There is no way people going there with the expectation of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" will capitulate to severe restrictions and social distancing and masks. It simply won't happen.

Again not taking a position on right or wrong. I, unlike EVERYONE on the internet, am simply not qualified as an infectious disease expert. I am only telling you what I see, and what people will do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I actually saw, of all things tonight in Branson a FULL TOUR BUS!

Holy cow I couldn't believe it. Took picture as proof. A tour bus with actual tourists.

I have NO IDEA how smart THAT is. Might have been a family, or whatever. Seemed very odd though.

Believe me that was the LAST thing I thought I might see.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
2021 Rose Parade cancelled.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Franz Harary’s excellent quarantine talks recently had juggler Neils Duinker on. He’s doing his variety shows in Ohio right now and he talks about limiting the audience, social distancing with volunteers etc. plus he shows off some cool juggling!
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
We're starting to do Drive In's as many others seem to be. I've sen several music acts as well as a few comedians venturing into this area. No, it's not as good as a traditional, we all know that. It's just a new way to connect in some way. Sadly, I can't see it working for magic but who knows?
Ray Pierce
steadyeddy2000
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of steadyeddy2000
I have a total of 4 gigs in 6 months..I need to find a new line of work. Luckily its not my full time job, I feel for everyone who is F/T
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Looks like there are 3 versions of a vaccine over 90% effective. Now we have to wait for politicians to tell us if we need to be afraid and spin it for political benefit.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Looks like there are 3 versions of a vaccine over 90% effective. Now we have to wait for politicians to tell us if we need to be afraid and spin it for political benefit.

And how did this turn out nearing 2 years later? LOL
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2022, John Martin wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:

And how did this turn out nearing 2 years later? LOL

Turns out it was 100% accurate. Tell me what was wrong with it.

It is a virus. Please list for me the number of those we have cures ever. Here is a hint. ZERO is pretty close.

Government is still trying to find stuff to scare us about in order to gain more control.

So please explain to me exactly what I have that is wrong 2 years later.

We now have medicines that work on this also. There is such a different position than then it first happened.

It is funny because of all the things I have thought about the situation you push the one thing I got right! I never thought it would go as far as it did. Medically or politically. I never thought the country would put up with it. I was dead wrong about a lot of things, and have said so.

Why do you come in here trying to stir the pot with the one thing I got right?

Note the difference in Canada and America in this is the difference in lightening and the lightening bug. Your shut downs lasted forever. Heck in Branson our mask mandates lasted a few months. Occupancy restrictions were not severe. So where you are experiencing this May cloud your overall viewpoint.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Corona Virus outlook (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL