The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Easy to Read/Marked Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nat
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of Nat
Please suggest "easiest to read" marked decks -- as a senior hobbyist, my eyesight isn't what it use to be...thanks.
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Penguin marked decks. There are 6 different sets of very visible markings. A mixture of the wild/Lesley/gt style systems ...plus a brick for 60.00 shipped. Cannot beat it
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4960 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Phoenix Marked Decks are great and easy to read even with my bad eyesight. DMC are kind of easy once you know where and how to read them, pretty straight forward. Henry Evans "Daredevil Deck" by Card-Shark (Phoenix) are the absolute easiest to read (and yes, I have had them fly right past spectators before.

Boris Wild can be a bit tricky both in (mandolin or maiden. whichever Bike Back he uses now) and the Phoenix Boris Wilds are the same as the Bikes.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
CopperChopCup
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Check out Kevin Reyleks work on this with his Mainframe booklet. Very easy to read.
thegreatscungilli
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of thegreatscungilli
If you are looking for reader decks, I would second the vote for the Penguin Decks..good quality and a good price plus you get video downloads with a couple of decent routines and they come in both blue and red. I am not sure if you are used to working with this kind of deck but you might have to be a bit more subtle in your handling with these so as not to "tip the gaffe" since there are more possibilities to have a spectator spot them.

Also, second the vote for DMC's these are one of my favorites and my go to decks if I think it might be an audience that would be burning my hands...very hard for a spectator to pick up but easy to read once you get used to them.

If you do not want a reader deck then the Butterfly deck by Ondrej Psenicka is very good. Not a reader deck so they take some practice but they have some advantages in how they are done...and they are one way as well..I would say these would be about impossible for a spectator to spot even if they handled the deck. They MIGHT spot the one way design if they thought about it.

One last thought, you can use some special stuff that is available and make your own..it works best with Bee design decks but will work with Bikes as well..if you do it right it can can be seen from quite a distance, about impossible for spectator to spot but easy for you...since you know exactly where and what to look for..takes some practice to get it right though..you'll probably ruin a couple of decks before you get a good one. Advantage is that you can make it as big or as small as you personally need it to be.

You can buy decks from a couple of suppliers that are ready made this way, but they are expensive...$50.00 per deck for Bees and $45 for Bikes but you can see them from as much as 15 feet away and they are examinable. PM me if you want more info.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I also have a difficult time reading marked decks. The DMC decks are the ones I use now and highly recommend them.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1515 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
As far as reader style marked decks go, I also recommend:
- marked Maiden Back decks (from Penguin)
- DMC Elites

For some more suggestions, see some of the coverage in this article, which includes details about both of the aforementioned decks as well.

7 Top Marked Decks
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=713303

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
TH10111
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of TH10111
Diamond Jim Tyler's deck also has a great marking system: http://djtyler.com/product/diamond-playing-cards/
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1515 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On May 8, 2020, TH10111 wrote:
Diamond Jim Tyler's deck also has a great marking system: http://djtyler.com/product/diamond-playing-cards/

Oh, that is really clever - what a great reader system that is beautifully incorporated into the design.

(Nine of Diamonds, King of Hearts, Ace of Spades)

Thanks for making me aware of this deck!

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
magicwiia
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of magicwiia
I have the DMC Elite and would recommend it. Diamond Jim Taylor's deck is very clever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Easy to Read/Marked Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL