The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Welp! I have symptoms! (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
They're probably going to release her tomorrow.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Things have changed. They're concerned about the COVID-19 converting to pneumonia, so they want to do blood transfusions from recovered patients, with the hope that the antibodies will help her. Her transplant doctor is up for it, so let's see.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Converting to pneumonia?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The worst thing to do, if you have the virus is just lie on your back; the longs fill up and you die from pneumonia, which is why in the hospitals they turn patients over now and again.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Converting to pneumonia?

I'm not a doctor, I'm not certain of the terminology.

Seems it turns out, she's the first person in Rhode Island to undergo this procedure!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
For those of you who are not old farts like me, back in the 60's there was a Japanese song (roughly translated into "I Shall Walk, Looking Up") about a guy who's girl has left him, but he's going to stay strong. The original Japanese recording (Kyu Sakamoto) charted here as "Sukiyaki." (Kinda makes sense, as the actual theme of the song is lost to non-Japanese speaking people, but still seems crass). Many years later, the song was re-released by A Taste of Honey. (Kinda changed the point of the song from; "I've lost you, but I'll be strong," to "I've lost you, but I'll get you back.")

At any point, they've rewritten the lyrics for this crisis! Read the subtitles at the bottom;

(Reading the sub-titles will be easier if you set it up to full screen.)
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
For those of you who are following this, they're going to monitor my wife until Friday, then probably release her.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Thanks for the report. I am following with best wishes for all.

-Mary Mowder
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Thanks, Mary.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
That is good to see Ed, though I'm still keeping the prayers and good thoughts flowing.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Will keep the prayers going for you and your wife Ed!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I will NEVER turn down prayers or good thoughts. Thank you, everybody.

Apparently, the treatment worked! They gave her a test and she's clear of COVID-19!

They'll be releasing her today, she has to stay home for 10 ten days and wear a mask for 10 days! Then they'll do blood work to see what's happening.

She also says the COVID-19 test involves inserting a tube so far up your nose, it's in the base of your EYE SOCKET.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Very good news your wife is coming home, Ed. Good news for science too, even if tests are more than uncomfortable. (we can all probably think of some of the uncomfortable medical tests we've gone thru, especially if we're old farts). Lynn
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
She's home, she's got the bedroom, I'm on the couch for the duration, until we're sure everything's all right.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Ed, I am very happy for your wife and you, it is incredible what a roller coster is this covid 19, from nothing, to pneumonia, to nothing. I read Plasma transfution is the procedure with better results.
Nevertheless I will continue to pray for your wife,all other sick people and all of us.
Pablo
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Great news Ed!

-Mary
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, ed rhodes wrote:
She's home, she's got the bedroom, I'm on the couch for the duration, until we're sure everything's all right.

A lot of us guys have been on the couch now and then. This is probably the best scenario of being on the couch. Seriously, we're all happy she's back home! Lynn
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Thanks Lynn, and everybody else too! This should be the last week of craziness at the Rhodes household. But we'll see.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Fantastic news Ed!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Thanks, Bob.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Welp! I have symptoms! (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL