The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Available Now: Carpenter Coins by Jack Carpenter (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
A fully loaded routine with a beginning, middle and end that is easy to do and the coins do all of the work for you. Ends totally clean and resets instantly.
Includes: All of the gimmicks you need, plus an extra Chinese Coin and Mexican Centavo.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63984

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
What a horrible demo. Why would they ever shoot the video from below and to the side. Can barely see anything he's doing. From what you can actually see, looks decent.
magikmax
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
113 Posts

Profile of magikmax
I already own the Bob Sheets hospitality routine, a set of Mark Mason’s CSB Walking Liberty and a Tango set of CSB coins (which also uses the Mexican Centavo), anything new here to warrant the purchase?
loudini1972
View Profile
New user
Central New Jersey
95 Posts

Profile of loudini1972
I'd like to know also if there is anything new here. If you watch the demo and already know CSB you can work it out. I own a Johnson set so do I need this? Not sure the quality of this will surpass my Johnson set.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
What a horrible demo. Why would they ever shoot the video from below and to the side. Can barely see anything he's doing. From what you can actually see, looks decent.

Agreed, the angles in this demo are pretty awful...bad enough to convince me not to buy this.
stevefaulkner
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of stevefaulkner
Hi all, Here's my ramblings on the set https://youtu.be/dGQzBkBa71A

Stay safe and take care
Review Channel - Real Magic Review
https://youtube.com/realmagicreview

Podcast. Search 'Steve Faulkner's Magic Show' or
Apple https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/steve-faulkners-magic-show/id1484648736

Membership. https://www.onlinemagic.co

IBM UK Close-up Champion 2013
Award Winner at The Magic Circle Close-up Magician of the Year 2010
National Street Performing Champion 2009
British Street Performing Champion 2005
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
This looks great I have never owned a CSB effect, looking forward to this, the instant reset appeals to me, packs small plays big I would think
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I own several sets from Tango to Swadling to Schoolcraft. The issue is always quality because great quality reduces the amount of “talking” from the gimmicks. In the crappy demo, Jack’s coins talk quite a bit so these appear to be middle of the road as quality goes.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I think in the surroundings we work I doubt very much that would be noticed in my opinion
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Same here. Never owned a CSB set so this seems like a great place to start.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Don’t all coins, including ungimmicked ones, talk normally when handled?

Would an untrained spectator’s ear be able to tell the difference?

I honestly don’t think so. I’ve been performing scotch and soda for decades and when a certain sound occurs, no one has ever seemed to notice or said anything. It just sounds like coins. Then again, maybe I’m just deceiving myself. I am good at that...
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I ordered and already have buyer's remorse. This set of coins is nothing more than a set of standard C-S-B coins. Jack's routine however is quite nice and breathes new life into the effect. But you should have been able to buy the routine (by itself) as an optional download for around $15.00. Now, I'm stuck with ANOTHER set of these coins that I'll have to sell at a loss...Very misleading.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, Jared wrote:
I ordered and already have buyer's remorse. This set of coins is nothing more than a set of standard C-S-B coins. Jack's routine however is quite nice and breathes new life into the effect. But you should have been able to buy the routine (by itself) as an optional download for around $15.00. Now, I'm stuck with ANOTHER set of these coins that I'll have to sell at a loss...Very misleading.

So Jared are you saying this is just standard CSB set? Are they nice or tinny and cheap?

J
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Quote:

And I was thinking about ordering a set, hopefully they are a least a good set for you!

Robert
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I would be interested to find out more about the actual quality of this coin set.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Sorry Jared. That sucks. I just counted and it looks like I'm up to 4 sets of CSB coins. Welcome to the club.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:

So what is all the talk about this being a "Cerberus" type gaff and not a regular C/S/B? Is there ANY difference from a regular set? I already have a Mark Mason Walking Liberty C/S/B as well as a Johnson Kennedy Half set too. I thought this was different from what I have read including the stuff from a couple years ago https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=202
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Hi Guys,

Reading between the lines I also thought this set was somehow different than a traditional C-S-B set (Poof-Daddy, I read the SAME thing, which is the reason why I ordered!). I have not received the coins yet, only the download. So, I cannot comment about the quality, but I cannot imagine that they'll be any better than my Johnson sets. I should receive the order in about 3-days if they shipped by USPS First Class mail. I will comment about the quality of the coins upon arrival.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
80 pounds. Crazy.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay Gang no it is Not just A C.S.B. Set More like a
A "Cerberus" Gaff ! The One I saw From Jack anyway ! Have not seen the One from V. I. ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Available Now: Carpenter Coins by Jack Carpenter (43 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL