The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SOZA - The Sword of Za'Atar by Roger Nicot (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
dfolson
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of dfolson
Mine just came and I think this will be a fun one.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
So mine came but was literally missing the sword! So I contacted customer support and they sent me one, which I must say, is quite fine and solid metal. (and sharp) . . . I'm playing with some concepts but the base mini-illusion is exactly as shown, totally workable, and even comes with a load holder for the finale. simple but effective. Fantastic! Go Card-Shark!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5886 Posts

Profile of videoman
Wow StarManager, you were really put thru the ringer on this one. My apologies but I almost had to chuckle at your run of bad luck with this. Did you perhaps offend the great Za’Atar in some way? 😃 But glad it all worked out and you were happy in the end.

FYI, if any owners of this should lose or damage their sword, they are available pretty inexpensively at...where else...Amazon.
They may not truly be swords of Za’Atar but shhh, your audience doesn’t need to know that.
There also a couple other styles available that may suit some performers.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cocktail+swor......ity_4_15
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Videoman thanks! I ordered some wild toothpicks on Amazon myself after the official one arrived. So now I've added a toothpick switch from the regular sword to a gold one with a skull head. At the very end, I'm handing the sword head on to the spec to hold for the last part and switch is already done for the new pic. They are all pointy so a brush to the jacket and a stab of the #1 and pickup of #2 is an easy job. After the tons of coins drop bring attention back to the spec with the pic and the change from the sword is a show stopper . . .
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5886 Posts

Profile of videoman
👍🏻 👍🏻 Nice!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2914 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I think you need one more "kicker" in the routine JT...Smile Kidding, nice thinking. Those cocktail picks look cool and I am ordering some for other effects as well.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2020, J M Talbot wrote:
I think you need one more "kicker" in the routine JT...Smile Kidding, nice thinking. Those cocktail picks look cool and I am ordering some for other effects as well.

JT - Thank you for chiming in! So I took your advice and while in the middle of the 2nd coin drop-through, I stop everything and do sword through condom and then sword through arm, then back to the multi-coin climax, then the sword switch reveal, then I made a jumbo sleeve and the sleeve gets huge (ala big 3" coins) and then . . . . LOL

Here are the pics I got from Amazon. These are AWESOME! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1Y......F8&psc=1

Hope this is helpful to my Café Bothers!
FreddieLeeFroth
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of FreddieLeeFroth
Its a beautiful effect and the kicker is a stunner but I struggle to justify the pocket space and weight for general use. Is there, or has there ever been a coin dropper available that accommodates smaller (20p size) coins? I would far prefer to have fewer coins for the kicker if I could simply keep this pinned (and loaded) inside the bottom of my jacket.
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hi Freddie... Try using a Large or a Jumbo TT for the kicker coins. I have even used scrap watch gears (you can purchase these by the gram on eBay) Let me know if you have any questions. You can always reach me at roger@card-shark.de Thanks for your purchase.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2021, Roger Nicot wrote:
Hi Freddie... Try using a Large or a Jumbo TT for the kicker coins. I have even used scrap watch gears (you can purchase these by the gram on eBay) Let me know if you have any questions. You can always reach me at roger@card-shark.de Thanks for your purchase.

Roger the watch pieces are BRILLIANT! The TT is a great idea too. Café Brethren: Murphy's just dropped a very inexpensive 3 TT holder for belt or jacket. Multiple loads.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=71004

I've needed this for like 50 years. So simple and can be so valuable. How about coins, watch pieces, more coins? Go ahead Mr. Talbot . . . Tell me I need a FOURTH KICKER! I dare ya!

Sure hope you guys are all well during this nutty time! Stay safe! JT
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2021, StarManager wrote:
Quote:

Roger the watch pieces are BRILLIANT! The TT is a great idea too. Café Brethren: Murphy's just dropped a very inexpensive 3 TT holder for belt or jacket. Multiple loads.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=71004

I've needed this for like 50 years. So simple and can be so valuable. How about coins, watch pieces, more coins? Go ahead Mr. Talbot . . . Tell me I need a FOURTH KICKER! I dare ya!

Sure hope you guys are all well during this nutty time! Stay safe! JT

I dump the watch gears and pieces stating something to the effect that "Something got jammed."

And now for some interesting news.... I have a limited supply of pre-release SOZA's in a size that will hold an American Quarter, a UK 10 Pence, and a Euro 2€ Coin. If interested, shoot me an email to roger@card-shark.de including SOZA as the subject. There will be a discounted price for SOZA owners.
FreddieLeeFroth
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of FreddieLeeFroth
Quote:

Thanks, Roger ... I love the idea of watch gears and other random parts spilling out as a kicker ... thank you!
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2021, FreddieLeeFroth wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, Roger ... I love the idea of watch gears and other random parts spilling out as a kicker ... thank you!

My Pleasure Freddie....let me know if you have any other questions.
Anders K
View Profile
New user
Denmark
24 Posts

Profile of Anders K
Hi, I just purchased this effect, and it's great. Has anyone found a way to save the instructional videos?
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2021, Anders K wrote:
Hi, I just purchased this effect, and it's great. Has anyone found a way to save the instructional videos?

Hi Anders...send me an email to roger@card-shark.de and we will render a video with your name as the watermark. Thanks for purchasing SOZA. Give it a good home.
Anders K
View Profile
New user
Denmark
24 Posts

Profile of Anders K
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2021, Roger Nicot wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2021, Anders K wrote:

Hi Anders...send me an email to roger@card-shark.de and we will render a video with your name as the watermark. Thanks for purchasing SOZA. Give it a good home.

Hi Roger, thanks for reply. I've sent you an email Smile
solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of solidoak
Mine just arrived and, as everyone has mentioned, it's beautiful. I initially was frustrated that I couldn't find a couple quarters to use. But then looking through my random coin collection I found two matching Belgium 10 centime coins. They fit perfect and have the added advantages (in my mind) of looking a bit older/exotic (1920's) and having holes in the center. I think I can have some fun with this as spectators may think the hole somehow has something to do with how it works.

Anyway I really like this prop and was grateful to Roger for his help with some questions I had.

Rick
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3332 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Roger,

When I watched the routine I thought I guessed the ending but then it ended with multiple coins.

I think my ending makes more sense. When the spectator drops the coin in it is sliced neatly in half and the two halves fall to the table. The magician looks a little annoyed and says Oops, you must have put the sharp side of the sword up.

I didn't read every page of comments so maybe this has already been suggested but if not feel free to use it.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hi Mike....

Great that you are thinking outside the box.
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hello All,

Just letting you know: the USA Quarter size SOZA was a sell out at MagicLIVE! Another batch has just been delivered to our shipping partner in the USA. The new "tube" is again multi-national, fitting a UK 10 pence and a 2 Euro coin. With a larger coin, more moves are possible. These are available at www.card-shark.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SOZA - The Sword of Za'Atar by Roger Nicot (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL