The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HULL OF A PEEK By STUNNINGER (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have always liked to use envelopes in peek effects as an envelope provides another layer covering the information and making the divination all the more impossible. In addition to a very effective and almost automatic peek (clever thinking here), it is made even more confounding by the card being folded.

Well done Stunninger. A very impressive, deceptive and welcome peek.

Neil
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, NeilS wrote:
I have always liked to use envelopes in peek effects as an envelope provides another layer covering the information and making the divination all the more impossible. In addition to a very effective and almost automatic peek (clever thinking here), it is made even more confounding by the card being folded.

Well done Stunninger. A very impressive, deceptive and welcome peek.

Neil


Hi Neil,

Glad you like it! Thank you for your feedback.
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
Being new to mentalism, I had only heard of Hull cards. Watching your video, I will now be adding this peek to my arsenal, especially the homemade variant at the end of your video. You do a great job explaining your ideas and I learnt from the video easily. Please feel encouraged to share more of your ideas, and continue to make a buck from them!
"You're a mentalist!"
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2786 Posts

Profile of tophatter
PM sent.
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Thank you Stunninger for this gift!

Wanted to pint out that this is in the right context is awesome! It is a pretty disarming peek as the moment when one uses it is such an offbeat. The psycholigical and physical construction of the method is astonishing.

Thanks Stunninger!
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Relick666
I like it but there is a part I would rather not do.

Sent you my feedback for improvement.

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

Andreu
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2020, Jed Maxwell wrote:
Being new to mentalism, I had only heard of Hull cards. Watching your video, I will now be adding this peek to my arsenal, especially the homemade variant at the end of your video. You do a great job explaining your ideas and I learnt from the video easily. Please feel encouraged to share more of your ideas, and continue to make a buck from them!


Than you, Jed! I’m really glad you like it. Your feedback is appreciated.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2020, weirdwizardx wrote:
Thank you Stunninger for this gift!

Wanted to pint out that this is in the right context is awesome! It is a pretty disarming peek as the moment when one uses it is such an offbeat. The psycholigical and physical construction of the method is astonishing.

Thanks Stunninger!

Weirdwizardx, thank you very much for your comments! I’m really glad you like the method and routine. Your feedback is appreciated.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2020, Relick666 wrote:
I like it but there is a part I would rather not do.

Sent you my feedback for improvement.

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

Andreu


Andreu, glad to hear you like HULL OF A PEEK! Thanks very much for the idea you sent me! I like it. Your feedback is appreciated.
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Very nice. Thanks for sharing! I will play around with it and see if I can put a personal spin on it.

JD
music
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

Profile of music
Stunninger was nice enough to send me the peek even though I was late to the party, I have to say I am really impressed with the simplicity of how it works yet it is very effective, this makes want to see how I can simplify some methods for some other effects. Very good! Thanks Stunninger!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2020, Pit Boss wrote:
Very nice. Thanks for sharing! I will play around with it and see if I can put a personal spin on it.

JD


JD, glad you like it, and thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2020, music wrote:
Stunninger was nice enough to send me the peek even though I was late to the party, I have to say I am really impressed with the simplicity of how it works yet it is very effective, this makes want to see how I can simplify some methods for some other effects. Very good! Thanks Stunninger!


Music, really glad you enjoyed the peek! My pleasure, and thank you for posting your thoughts!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2142 Posts

Profile of 252life
I like this a lot. I've been meaning to look more into Hull cards for a long time but never really did. This absolutely has me digging through the library again. (Which has been living in piles around me for two weeks and growing. Must look like a mad scientist. ...Or a slob Smile Probably the latter. Anyway...)
Thanks tons for sharing this Stuningger, much appreciated!
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
717 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
This is clever. I like it.

I notice the Hull tent cards used here are of the Carlyle design. Are those still being offered after he’s unfortunately passed? Any leads on other designs?
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
896 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I too got here late. Mahalos Stunninger. Do not perform much in the mentalist genre so this concept was totally new to me. Very well explained and easy to follow
along. This looks like something within my skill level and I will give it a go. Obviously I do not have any of the Hull Tent Cards but as mentioned it is easy to do with regular papers.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2786 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Very Nice Thank You ! I have smaller black envelopes I am going to try with this.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2020, 252life wrote:
I like this a lot. I've been meaning to look more into Hull cards for a long time but never really did. This absolutely has me digging through the library again. (Which has been living in piles around me for two weeks and growing. Must look like a mad scientist. ...Or a slob Smile Probably the latter. Anyway...)
Thanks tons for sharing this Stuningger, much appreciated!


252life, my pleasure! Glad you like it and are enjoying it. Thank you for your comments.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2020, illusioneer wrote:
This is clever. I like it.

I notice the Hull tent cards used here are of the Carlyle design. Are those still being offered after he’s unfortunately passed? Any leads on other designs?

Illusioneer, glad you like it. Thanks for posting your thoughts. I’m not sure if the Carlyle design is still available. I bought mine years ago. It would be interesting if others may be willing to share designs they’ve come up with.

Doug Dyment has several photos of Orville Meyer’s Hull Card on Deceptionary.com.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2020, tophatter wrote:
Very Nice Thank You ! I have smaller black envelopes I am going to try with this.


Tophatter, I’m really glad you like it! My pleasure. Excellent idea to experiment with other envelopes. HULL OF A PEEK could be used with many different types of envelopes and business cards, or blank cards. In some cases, the card may need to be trimmed a little.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HULL OF A PEEK By STUNNINGER (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL