The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HULL OF A PEEK By STUNNINGER (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2020, Barry Gitelson wrote:
I too got here late. Mahalos Stunninger. Do not perform much in the mentalist genre so this concept was totally new to me. Very well explained and easy to follow
along. This looks like something within my skill level and I will give it a go. Obviously I do not have any of the Hull Tent Cards but as mentioned it is easy to do with regular papers.

Barry, glad you like it and my pleasure! You mention papers, which is a very good point. Although inspired through experimentation with Hull cards, then blank business cards, this could work also with certain types of paper. Thicker paper may work better, thinner paper could potentially work too.

Thank you for posting your comments!
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of Bambu
The use of an envelope with the Hull card really creates an extra layer of impossibilities that the performer will be able to peek at the question written on the card, Excellent idea!

The explanation on the video is very clear, thank you for your generosity.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2020, Bambu wrote:
The use of an envelope with the Hull card really creates an extra layer of impossibilities that the performer will be able to peek at the question written on the card, Excellent idea!

The explanation on the video is very clear, thank you for your generosity.

Bambu, thanks for posting your thoughts! Glad you like it!
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
364 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
I would have thought it easier and more direct to simply send me a copy and ask what I thought, rather than “a Café member”.
It appears that there’s often a rush to market these days.
I have no comment on how similar or dissimilar these two routine may be, because I’ve only experienced one of them.
Peace.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Actually, no rush at all.

The HULL OF. A PEEK was conceived well over a year before it was released here on The Café. Research was done to make sure nothing similar had already been published, and to the best of my knowledge it has not. It turns out, the person who initially thought HULL OF A PEEK might have similarities to another effect hadn’t actually read that effect in years, and it turns out they were incorrect. The two effects are substantially different in multiple ways.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1371 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Stunninger was kind enough to send me Hull of a Peek, and like his thoughts on Close-up Q&A, found this to be clever, direct and versatile. It's definitely something I can add to my arsenal - thanks for sharing, Stunninger!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2020, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Stunninger was kind enough to send me Hull of a Peek, and like his thoughts on Close-up Q&A, found this to be clever, direct and versatile. It's definitely something I can add to my arsenal - thanks for sharing, Stunninger!

Mr. Mindbender, glad you like it, and thanks for posting your thoughts!

Thank you also for sending privately the additional ideas you came up with. Very cool!
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
538 Posts

Profile of no2ss
I do not wish to be greedy, and you already gave this clever technique out for free -- so feel free to say "no," but with some people presenting additional ideas, are there any plans to share some of those ideas with those who already got this? Again, totally understand if the answer is no, or if you'd like to save up those ideas for a paid release or something. But, I'm curious. Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12049 Posts

Profile of John C
Sounds like a hull of a deal!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
This is great Stunninger was kind enough to send it to me, it is so straightforward and motivated but gives you ample time to do a full peek under the guise of making it even fairer by sealing their card into an envelope. Brilliant thinking.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2020, no2ss wrote:
I do not wish to be greedy, and you already gave this clever technique out for free -- so feel free to say "no," but with some people presenting additional ideas, are there any plans to share some of those ideas with those who already got this? Again, totally understand if the answer is no, or if you'd like to save up those ideas for a paid release or something. But, I'm curious. Smile

Hi no2ss,

Nothing planned. Several people sent me additional ideas they came up with while using Hull of a Peek. Those ideas are theirs, not mine, and not mine to share.

At some point I may start a FB group where others can share their ideas, tips and alternative handlings if they choose.

Bill
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2020, rmorrell wrote:
This is great Stunninger was kind enough to send it to me, it is so straightforward and motivated but gives you ample time to do a full peek under the guise of making it even fairer by sealing their card into an envelope. Brilliant thinking.

Thank you, Rich! Really glad you like Hull of a Peek, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Bill
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6244 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Stunninger, anything I sent you, on any of your creations, you are free to include them however you wish... or not. Your call.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Nice idea, Stunninger -- thanks for sharing it!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, jerdunn wrote:
Nice idea, Stunninger -- thanks for sharing it!

Jerdunn, thank you for sharing your thoughts! Glad you like it.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, Greg Arce wrote:
Stunninger, anything I sent you, on any of your creations, you are free to include them however you wish... or not. Your call.

Greg

Greg, thank you very much! That is very kind of you.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1132 Posts

Profile of caigy
Good news Stunninger...your peek passed the Wife and Daughter test Smile

I have been playing around with it during 'lockdown' this last week or so and think it is very practical, natural, easy to do and nicely presented...very nice indeed!

Paul McCaig.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2020, caigy wrote:
Good news Stunninger...your peek passed the Wife and Daughter test Smile

I have been playing around with it during 'lockdown' this last week or so and think it is very practical, natural, easy to do and nicely presented...very nice indeed!

Paul McCaig.

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much! Delighted to hear this Smile and really glad you are enjoying the p**k!

Bill
ATXTimeLord
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of ATXTimeLord
I tried sending a PM but the box is still full .. Is it still possible to get this effect?

mG
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
769 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
I just bought it, you get a way to peek any paper folded in two and put inside an envelope.

Relevant characteristics:
- You can just fold one of your business cards once (no need for a proper Hull card but it works best with card stock).
- The envelope is ungimmicked but it has to be sensibly larger than the billet.
- The mentalist has to be the one putting the billet inside the envelope and getting it out. Once the billet is inside, he can show both sides of the envelope.
- The billet is inserted fold side up (and not opening side up which would be much more suspicious).

Overall it works as advertised and I could see myself using it Smile

(for those who have it, I would probably use a dab of post-it glue to ensure that everything is locked where it has to be and opens as I want it independently of the type of paper)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HULL OF A PEEK By STUNNINGER (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL