The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Splitting Phoenix Cards (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Has anyone had any experience splitting Phoenix cards? How about their thin cards? Want to make my own gaffs for a trick I am working on. Would like to do in Phoenix due to the marking system
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4899 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I split regular Phoenix Cards all the time. They are made the same as Bicycle Cards. I have been making "Phoenix Gaffs" out of "Bicycle Gaff Parts" for several years.

I have never attempted to split a double decker card because I think they are too thin and they are made differently. Even the "Single Decker" cards (made in regular thickness but have the same feel and finish as "Double Deckers") have a plastic feel to them moreso than the cardboard feel of a regular playing card.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
That this what I thought, I had a trick Get Sharky I think the title and it had some thin cards, seemed like plastic cards, something you would get on the bargain rack at WalMart. Thanks!!!
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2021 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, fcchief1 wrote:
That this what I thought, I had a trick Get Sharky I think the title and it had some thin cards, seemed like plastic cards, something you would get on the bargain rack at WalMart. Thanks!!!

Yes - that was made from Double Deckers (great effect by the way....)
The regular Phoenix cards aren't like that.
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
As a follow up, I had seen somewhere on the Café and had gone to the site (forgot to bookmark!) That sold already split cards. I don't remember any other detail and figured someone would know what the site is. Patiently waiting for Perfect Shuffle to open back up for business.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4899 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Https://pctcproduction.com/products/spli......victoria
Vanishing Inc and Penguin are both out of stock on them but this is the site of the "creator".

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218
This is probably the link you remember
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Thank you! And like many others, closed during the pandemic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Splitting Phoenix Cards (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL