The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Orion book by Phedon Bilek (181 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
I managed to snag 1 of 2 last sets of the Gold Set from Michael over at MindFX. Boy do I feel lucky 😂

Thanks Michael, and thank you Phedon for putting out an enormous project, which will no doubt in my mind, become a classic.

Can’t wait to receive my set.

All the best,

Mor
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2021, ImpromptuBoy wrote:
I managed to snag 1 of 2 last sets of the Gold Set from Michael over at MindFX. Boy do I feel lucky 😂

Thanks Michael, and thank you Phedon for putting out an enormous project, which will no doubt in my mind, become a classic.

Can’t wait to receive my set.

All the best,

Mor

My absolute pleasure Mor. I wish these books find you healthy. I’m not saying ‘happy’, because I’m confident you will be as soon as you see them, hold them, and open them.

Keep us posted!

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Let us know when the last book sells!
dawnzubair
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of dawnzubair
Hello everyone,

This is Zubair from Singapore. I am super new on this forum and this is my first post. In fact, I registered on this forum just so that I could post here. I have been reading reviews and watching reviews of Orion on the youtube channel magicorthodoxy on repeat. I am also new to the magic space. I bought the Proteus book and the video of Sibyl. Although I have not finished either, I am still keen to get Orion.

I came across Orion only a week or 10 days ago and by that time it was too late for me to place an order for the Gold Edition. However, I see that the Gold edition is again labelled as "Coming Soon". Is it coming soon again, or is the label outdated?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The gold edition is sold out but you can buy the silver edition from Mind FX or Vanishing Inc.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Zubair hello

I’m honored by your trust. First of all, think twice before you get Orion. It is not cheap, and I don’t want you to be disappointed as the material within is not intended at beginners. I do sincerely believe that one needs some background to fully grasp the ideas in this project. So, please consider this prior to any click on tjr ‘buy’ button.

Now, as Kissdadookie said, the Gold edition is gone, and I won’t reprint it. The only one to have distributed this set is Michael Murray. Now, you can get the Silver edition, and it’s available through MindFx.co.uk (M. Murray). Vanishing Inc sold out all the Silver copies they received, and I’m considering re-printing a batch. I reassure you, the contents -and the quality- are exactly the same on both editions.

Thank you again, and never hesitate to ask if you have a question.

Love,

Phedon
dawnzubair
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of dawnzubair
Thanks for the reply Phedon. Perhaps this is the first time I am interacting with the author of a book that I own. I am honoured. And thank you too for the advice too. I really appreciate it. This shows the care you have for the readers, and people in general.

Yes, I am an absolute beginner, but enjoying this space which is why I am keen on getting Orion. I am not a performer - professional, amateur, or otherwise and not making any money out of magic. I am a hobbyist. The price for me indeed is a bit too high, but it is very very very tempting to get this book.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2021, dawnzubair wrote:
Thanks for the reply Phedon. Perhaps this is the first time I am interacting with the author of a book that I own. I am honoured. And thank you too for the advice too. I really appreciate it. This shows the care you have for the readers, and people in general.

The honor is mine Zubair, I'm humbled.

I suggest you ask someone who actually got the books to give you their opinion on whether they think it could suit a beginner or not, as I admit I'm too biased to form a impartial judgment. I'll never encourage you to get it, as the last thing I want is you to be disappointed. Now, if you are NOT intending to perform anything, and just buy and read mentalism books just for the sake of it, out of pure theoretical interest, then I can safely say that Orion just cannot let you down. Under that particular condition, I'd say: go for it, if you can of course.

Another safe way to know whether you'll like Orion or not is to watch Sibyl, which you seem to have. Did you like it? If yes, I just know you'll have a blast with Orion. If on the other hand Sibyl's material is not striking a chord, stay away from it. It's not the same material, but it's the same philosophy and style.

I hope this tirade helped, Zubair. As-Salaam Aleykum my friend, and never hesitate

Phedon
dawnzubair
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of dawnzubair
Walaikum Assalam Phedon Smile

I read Proteus and loved it. It is so simple and yet so powerful.

I bought Sibyl, but have not watched it. I watched the trailers and watched a couple of reviews and can't wait to watch it. Looking for a single seating of 4 hours to watch it.

Thanks again for your advice. It is hard to find a magicians' discussion community or group in Singapore, so I am restricted with the limited online feedbacks and channels. But I will bear your advice in mind before I place an order for Orion.

Thanks again.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2021, dawnzubair wrote:

I bought Sibyl, but have not watched it. I watched the trailers and watched a couple of reviews and can't wait to watch it. Looking for a single seating of 4 hours to watch it.

Thanks again for your advice. It is hard to find a magicians' discussion community or group in Singapore, so I am restricted with the limited online feedbacks and channels. But I will bear your advice in mind before I place an order for Orion.

Thanks again.

In my opinion, the material in Orion is very versatile and “easier” than Proteus. If you enjoy and use Proteus, you’re not really going to find much in terms of level of difficulty in Orion. Sibyl is in my opinion, something very different to Proteus. The material in Sibyl is going to be dependent on if that is your style or not as “difficulty” really has more to do with your comfort level with going with that type of approach or style.
dawnzubair
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of dawnzubair
Awesome ... thank you so much for this Kissdadookie.

Looking forward to getting the books then. Will place the order next month. Hopefully, it will still be available then.

Quote:
On Oct 11, 2021, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2021, dawnzubair wrote:

Thanks again.

In my opinion, the material in Orion is very versatile and “easier” than Proteus. If you enjoy and use Proteus, you’re not really going to find much in terms of level of difficulty in Orion. Sibyl is in my opinion, something very different to Proteus. The material in Sibyl is going to be dependent on if that is your style or not as “difficulty” really has more to do with your comfort level with going with that type of approach or style.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2021, dawnzubair wrote:
Awesome ... thank you so much for this Kissdadookie.

Looking forward to getting the books then. Will place the order next month. Hopefully, it will still be available then.

They will be Zubair. Michael Murray (mindFx.co.uk) will definitely have some.

Have a very nice evening my friend

Phedon
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
At last, my set arrived in the mail today. I’d like to say a big thank you to Michael Murray, and of course a HUGE thank you to Phedon, it looks absolutely gorgeous.
I’m still working the next 2 days, so I won’t get a chance to start reading until Sunday. I anticipate the wait will be worth it.

Mor
Sethekk
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Sethekk
Hey all,

I was looking for advice regarding if it’s worth purchasing both books for someone who owns the Phasma lecture notes.
While looking over the routine outlines that people have posted, I noticed a lot of similar content (obviously not all) to the lecture notes and wondered if the first book greatly expands on Phasma and includes any completely new principles.

With the high price tag of this release, would anyone be able to let me know if they feel its worth £150 for book 1 if I’ve already been taught this principle.

Thanks
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, Sethekk wrote:
Hey all,

I was looking for advice regarding if it’s worth purchasing both books for someone who owns the Phasma lecture notes.
While looking over the routine outlines that people have posted, I noticed a lot of similar content (obviously not all) to the lecture notes and wondered if the first book greatly expands on Phasma and includes any completely new principles.

With the high price tag of this release, would anyone be able to let me know if they feel its worth £150 for book 1 if I’ve already been taught this principle.

Thanks

Hello Seth (taking a guess on your name),

I'm trying my very best not to be biased, and I will answer your question myself. Anyone feel free to contradict my point, should they feel I am mistaken. But owning PHASMA (the MIND6 lecture notes) does NOT replace Orion vol.: The Hunter. Not even close. In the former, Phasma is presented, along with the effects I presented during the lecture. In The Hunter, Phasma goes way further, and new tools are introduced, such as the Lettercount Force, the Φ (Phi) Force, etc., which are very potent building blocks. Last, many other effects and ideas are to be found in The Hunter, which are showcasing the aforementioned tools. For example, the routine 'Desmic Imagery' is, to me, worth the price of the volume, and uses all of them to create a routine that will earn you a reputation.

Now, this is my personal opinion. Again, despite my efforts to stay impartial, I'm but a fallible human being and maybe, maybe a bias has managed to make its way into my judgment...

Have a great day

Phedon
Sethekk
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Sethekk
Thanks for taking the time to reply, very much appreciated. I’m glad to hear there’s more to it, very excited to read.

To double check, is there no chance of the gold edition getting printed some time in the future?
I’m annoyed at myself for missing out on that preferred style and the cheaper price!

Thanks again
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Seth,

The Gold edition will not go into print again. Only the Silver.

Phedon
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
As part of an early Black Friday promotion I am offering £25.00 off the Orion Two Volume Set (Silver Edition) for the next week. Please note that there are only 25 sets remaining in stock and so this offer may not last long.

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/new......-edition

Wishing everyone an amazing end to the week too!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2021, celebrity wrote:
As part of an early Black Friday promotion I am offering £25.00 off the Orion Two Volume Set (Silver Edition) for the next week. Please note that there are only 25 sets remaining in stock and so this offer may not last long.

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/new......-edition

Wishing everyone an amazing end to the week too!

Best Wishes Michael

Hell… For this price, I’ll buy one too!

Phedon
dismany
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of dismany
I have never been this satisfied with something I waited for for about 2 years. What a magnificent book this is. Probably the most ADHD-friendly book in mentalism that I've ever had the honor of studying. And this book is most definitely worth deep studying. It is much more than a set of tools and far more than a set of routines, though it is chock full of both. The whole theme of this book is the hunt for realness. The aim of Orion is to feel as real as you aim to appear, and Phedon holds nothing back,it seems, in sharing the all the subtleties that elevate an effect into the realm of REAL magic. The tools he shares allow one to begin the routine where one used to end it. So I know what name they're thinking about...now the experiment begins, and the reveal is but a surefire backup, not the end of the feat! Truly exciting book, a page turner like no other I've ever read in its' genre. The essay on multipliers is so good! I'm not even done reading, yet my head's already been spinning with the possibilities the tools within this incredible book open up in just about any premise in mentalism. I love Phedon's style of writing, with just enough excellent humor sprinkled throughout the book to keep us on our feet...they come at you unexpectedly. I think this is the only book I'll be studying for a while, hoping that Phedon is not done writing.

I'd say much more but I'm writing this On my kindle.

Phedon. Thank you, you know why. You are a true mensch, my friend.

Yuriy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Orion book by Phedon Bilek (181 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL