The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Orion book by Phedon Bilek (181 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
@Boomer

Thank you, sir, that's all I need to know! appreciate for your comment.
dawnzubair
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of dawnzubair
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2022, Silversleights04 wrote:
Café Book of the Year voting has opened. For me, this is it, without a doubt.

Haha ... looks like we have a winner here.
malamoney
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of malamoney
Just curious if there was a non Silver edition of this book that didn't cost $399. I have only heard great things about Orion, but that price tag puts it out of my range.
Fromentum
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2022, malamoney wrote:
Just curious if there was a non Silver edition of this book that didn't cost $399. I have only heard great things about Orion, but that price tag puts it out of my range.

Yes there was (the Gold Version). It came out before the silver version as a limited release (I think 500 copies, or 250 can not remember exactly)

The gold version was sold out pretty fast I belive and is not available anymore (I think).
malamoney
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of malamoney
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2022, Fromentum wrote:

Yes there was (the Gold Version). It came out before the silver version as a limited release (I think 500 copies, or 250 can not remember exactly)

The gold version was sold out pretty fast I belive and is not available anymore (I think).

Thanks. Any idea how much it sold for? I notice this book is getting a ton of votes for book of the year. I'm sure it's awesome, but I'm surprised so many own a copy with such a high price tag. Guess I'll have to wait for a second hand copy...
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
I'll sell you my copy, Gold, second hand. For the low, low price of $2,048 US.

Dave
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I will sell you my gold copy for… oh wait, I won’t sell it for ANY price, EVER!!

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Fromentum
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
Be nice folks ;-)

Quote:
On Mar 4, 2022, malamoney wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2022, Fromentum wrote:

Thanks. Any idea how much it sold for? I notice this book is getting a ton of votes for book of the year. I'm sure it's awesome, but I'm surprised so many own a copy with such a high price tag. Guess I'll have to wait for a second hand copy...

I think it was 250 pounds.

I have to say I completely understand your point. Thias book series is very expensive in comparison to other books (at least the ones I bought). An I probably would have never spend that amount of money for a creator I don't know.

But after seeing Phedons work in Sibyl I was such a huge fan of that guy that I just took the risk and went like "**** it I'm gonna buy that"

I have to say that was one of my best decisions. For me personally it is the best book I ever read on mentalism and worth every penny.

If you buy something, even if it's a trick for just 10 dollar and you never use it it was expensive. But if you are going to use something a lot it is worth paying more. The problem of course is you never know that before...

I have spend more that I know on things that ended in the bottom drawer... In comparison to that Orion was quite a cheap purchase ;-)

But I'm also a bit surprised that so many cafè members bought a book that is that expensive SmileI have thought the Café is filled with nearly just hobby magicians who like to buy the newest and flashiest gimmicks ;-)
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Fromentum......... have you cast your vote for 'Orion' in the book of the year? Time for voting is soon running out.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
In comparison with many modern Mentalism books Orion is actually pretty reasonably priced. Premium hard bound Mentalism books average between $100 - $175. A few examples include A Piece of My Mind, Divine, Setting the Stage, Harpacrown, and Harpacrown Too, The Black Project, Certified Mentalism, Olivia, Architect of the Mind, Mythology Codex, Train Tracking, Artful Rogues Manual of Deception, Fake Genius 1 and 2 and I could keep going.

Orion is not only a lot of pages but they are big pages, of that whole list only Setting the Stage has larger pages. These books are produced to the highest standard, even beyond many other Haresign Press books, particularly the gold edition. When you factor in the unique nature of the material, propless Mentalism that is not process heavy and actually works, and factor in Phedon’s writing style, what you have is a book that is not only full of treasure but is also a treasure in itself.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
You know... These past days I've been quite busy packing up and running last errands before my trip to Africa. As a result, I didn't have the time to connect here and see what's been going on lately. I did right now, from the taxi to the airport.

It's been quite difficult to leave, once again, my wife and children behind, knowing that when I see them back in 2 months, some things will have changed, among which my very kids. It's never easy, and this time was no exception. But reading the comments above, like Fromentum's, Mark's and Ian's, truly and genuinely contributed in cheering me up, and changed my mood. Your support, your appreciation and the feelings I'm getting are priceless, and no one here has any idea about how much I appreciate them.

I'm deeply humbled and grateful, as I have learned, through experience, to never take things such as appreciation, love and respect for granted.

That was just a quick note before embarking to just say: "Thank you guys".

Much love, always

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
dawnzubair
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of dawnzubair
I think the Gold Edition was priced at $ 399 for both books. The only difference is that they came with a slipcase and the text embossed in gold.
MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
I tried to join the Facebook page, but it's asking for a MindFX order number. I didn't get it from them, as Vanishing Inc. and others sell this. How can I join? Thanks!

Quote:
On Jan 23, 2022, phedonbilek wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2022, Doric wrote:
I would have liked to see YouTube links to actual performances, like the Eugene Burger books.

Some videos have been shared on the dedicated FB group by people who bought Orion. I haven't personally uploaded anything, as I never think of filming performances (at least, of the material taught in this project). The reason is that I always associate filming with magic (as opposed to mentalism). My performances being carried out in a very personal and private environment and context, the very presence of a camera would pervert the whole experience and would even prevent the connection I'm aiming at, from occurring.

To have an idea however, you can watch Sibyl. This project will not demonstrate the material within Orion, but will definitely showcase HOW it is performed.

Hope that helped.

Phedon
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2022, MarkinMadison wrote:
I tried to join the Facebook page, but it's asking for a MindFX order number. I didn't get it from them, as Vanishing Inc. and others sell this. How can I join? Thanks!

Hello Mark,

I’ve PMed you on Messenger 😉

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
dismany
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of dismany
Having now read the entirety of this book, I have much more that I love about it. It isn't only a great book on mentalism, but the theory, subtleties, and routine structure all apply equally well to mentalism's forever loyal ally, magic, or any mystery performance at that, especially if you desire to come from the Real Magic Paradigm described so well by Derren Brown in Absolute Magic as well as others.
(Long sentence alert) Orion comes from that same Paradigm in terms of psychic abilities, and there's no reason the same thinking that runs throughout the whole tome, like blood through veins, cannot be applied to magic in terms of playing it real, even if inherently there's a lot less of a chance people will believe in transposition and penetrations vs. psychic abilities or paranormal and metaphysical phenomenon. I myself rely largely on metaphysics to keep my sanity and to leave deep state of depression, and much more likely to believe in influence and telepathy and synchronicity vs chance, than the ability to physically restore that which is broken, as much as I love rope magic.
I am slowly seeing that everything I have and am still am learning from Orion applies to structuring the routines I'm learning from The James File, self working card effects which definitely can play with chance and synchronicity, and in applying for instance various points in the Multipliers essay, which is currently a work of focus while practicing and blocking the routines. And that's just one essay in the book. And only the fraction of the beginning of influence that The Hunter and His Elusive Non Consenting Muses are having on me.

I am probably not done ranting here about this book, but for now I have much to do the before Monday sucks me into the void of a working nine to five life for someone more tired of the grind than myself. Apologies for the quick kvetch. I'm guessing I'm not going to be everyone favorite guy here if I keep allowing these sidelines. They're like an unwanted and intentional cry for help.
Ciao.
Yuriy.
dawnzubair
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of dawnzubair
Hi Phedon,

I bought my copy from Vanishing Inc as well. How do I join the facebook page?

Thanks.
JG
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of JG
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2022, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I will sell you my gold copy for… oh wait, I won’t sell it for ANY price, EVER!!

Mark

Same here Mark, it really is superb. One of those rare books that you read and then go back and read again, simply for the enjoyment of the writing style. Orion will have a massive impact on how ‘mentalism’ is performed.
"PANTHERA - Improve and Develop Your Mentalism" by Jack Goldstein - a large hard backed limited edition book of mentalism, over 30 top contributors, with professional effects and essays.

Buy it now through Michael Murray at MindFX: https://www.mindfx.co.uk/

Lulu.com
https://www.lulu.com/shop/jack-goldstein/panthera/hardcover/product-m9w6w9.html?page=1&pageSize=4
Dominique Blanco
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Dominique Blanco
Hello Phedon can you send me a PM with the password for the group? I didn´t purchase as well by Mindfx thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Orion book by Phedon Bilek (181 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL