The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bill Malone! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
I just picked up the On the loose collection and I must say this stuff is gold ,i wanted to see what you guys think of the videos and which tricks are the best and if you don't own this collection GET IT NOW!
six
briantwig
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of briantwig
I have On The Loose and love it. "Should have done it myself" is a wonderful effect to do at the end of a walk around routine.

Think Touch Turn is a killer effect that always gets huge reactions.

His color changing knives routine is the one I perform. In fact, did it last night at a gig. A magician approached me later and told me the knives are one of his favorite things to do and loved "my routine". Had to let him know its Malones.

Twisted Flush is a lot of fun, but I rarely do it.

Gemini Twins is great, though I learned that from Ammar.

His ace production effects are loads of fun to do. I usually do those to lead into Think Touch Turn.

Any Number and Counting Tens is great.

Skinners Matches have served me well when I am out drinking.

Basically there is not a bad effect on the DVDs. And far to much to comment on.

I haven't tried the bill in lemon effect yet (i do a Simon Aronson Bill in Cigar). But I have always wondered, how do people perform the effect without getting a pocket full of juice, or hands covered in juice? And the prospect of having to stop, wash and dry hands, and return to performing doesn't appeal to me. Guess it could be done as a closer, but I have stronger stuff to close with.

Without question one of my best magic investments.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I have all 4 and I agree they are excellent.

His Standing Ovation Invisible Deck routine is excellent too. #3 I believe.
Daniel Faith
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
142 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
I like his ambitious card routine. It's very entertaining.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
These are some of the BEST DVD/Videos ever. Bill is in classic form!!!!!!!!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Peakey
View Profile
New user
Australia
50 Posts

Profile of Peakey
You can't go wrong with this purchase.......

I also enjoyed the fact that he through some non-card effects on the DVD's as well i.e. the silks routine and the book of matches etc.
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
The effects are superb! Bill Malone is funny too..
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
287 Posts

Profile of Dirko
Great videos. All 4 of them!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'll keep these forever!!!!

There is so much good material on these and a great lesson in entertaining!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I was astounded by his "Vomiting Cards" on (I believe) as I saw on #2.

Unfortunately, he did not teach this. Does anyone know a resource? I have come up empty so far.

Thanks,
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
These DVD's are trash. DON'T GET THEM. Don't listen to them all. All of the tricks are not good for anything. Trash I tell you, trash.

Smile

Best,
Bradley
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Very funny Bradley!!!

Malone does not teach his version of "Cards From the Mouth" on the set.

McBride teaches a version on one of his manipulation DVD's.
Drive Carefully
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
These are with best set of DVDs or videos that I have owned. I do many of the tricks, and I just love his style. Sometimes, I watch the performances just for fun, he is such a master.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Guess I’m going to be somewhat of the fly in the ointment here. Yes these are an excellent set of videos. Yes Bill Malone is a great magician and entertainer. And yes I would highly recommend them as well but…

I personally do not find Bill Malone as funny as most to me he is more humorous than funny. He has some great one-liners in these videos and his presentation in lot of the effects is just downright awesome.

But on the downside for me out of the 31 effects he performs 26 are with cards, in only 5 others does he do something other than cards.

On one of the videos after doing card effect after card effect he himself says to the audience “o.k. Bill enough with the card tricks.”

And is it just me or does anybody else get sick of him being his own cheerleader? The first couple of times of him doing the “Bill Ma-Lone” bit I thought is was good. But after the 25th time of him doing it I get to thinking all right Bill I get your point.

Also, although this has nothing to do with Bill but it does have to do with the set of videos, John’s overreactions to me are ridiculous. I think he needs to get out more often.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
I use routines from all these dvds every time I work. great stuff on here highly recomended!
-Chris
jkr
View Profile
Regular user
Mn
147 Posts

Profile of jkr
Love Sam the Bellhop!

Hate the cheerleading!

I do love the effects and Bill does a nice job teaching them, but I don't like to watch the performances.

Jake
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Quote:
On 2004-06-06 08:49, kihei kid wrote:
And is it just me or does anybody else get sick of him being his own cheerleader? The first couple of times of him doing the “Bill Ma-Lone” bit I thought is was good. But after the 25th time of him doing it I get to thinking all right Bill I get your point.

You must understand that the DVDs are not just one long show. He wouldn't do all of the tricks for an audience, only a few of them. So he wants to work the "Bill-Ma-lone" bit in at least once a show.

In other words, you may watch all four shows back to back and think that he pushes it too much, but if you saw one, you might not think so.
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie
These DVD's are amazing and one of the best series in my collection. My favourite effect is maxi-twist.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
You must understand that the DVDs are not just one long show. He wouldn't do all of the tricks for an audience, only a few of them. So he wants to work the "Bill-Ma-lone" bit in at least once a show.

In other words, you may watch all four shows back to back and think that he pushes it too much, but if you saw one, you might not think so.

Redstreak, I see what your saying and it indeed makes sense.

It’s to bad he did not do it just once after his final effect at the end of each video, 4 videos full of “Bill Ma-Lone” get old real fast.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
What do you guys think of the sly silks presentation?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bill Malone! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL