The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bill Malone! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Peakey
View Profile
New user
Australia
50 Posts

Profile of Peakey
Quote:
On 2004-06-10 21:11, mrlucky wrote:
What do you guys think of the sly silks presentation?

I enjoyed it. I've never seen the silks before, so I found it enjoyable/funny.
Staggerlee
View Profile
New user
Chicago
61 Posts

Profile of Staggerlee
I love the cheerleading. I believe he is so good at it that eventually everyone starts to do it without his goading. That's entertainment.
I also love John. Remember that this is a taping and some people are going to see the cameras and obviously overeact. It creates a lively atmosphere and kept me entertained the whole time.

The only think that bothers me is that Bill is left handed. It screws me up sometimes when I'm trying to learn from his handling.
erniep33
View Profile
New user
Marysville, WA
72 Posts

Profile of erniep33
I also enjoyed all of these DVDs. These were some of the first magic dvd's I purchased when getting into magic, so I was blown away by much of what he did. I tend to agree with kihei kid though. He did use an over abundance of card effects, but still they were all great.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Nothing wrong with an abundance of great card tricks!!!
Drive Carefully
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
These were great dvds. One of the best I've ever owned. Bill Malone is simply a genius and I will always treasure his dvds.
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
I got these DVD's about two weeks ago. They really are great just like everybody has already said. I heard that he was funny before getting these DVD's. Am I the only one that finds his humor stupid? Great DVD's, but sometimes I was wishing that he would stop talking.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Bill Malone has a larger than life personality and his style is a complex mixture of many elements. I can assure you if an audience is not responding to his more "cheesy" lines, then other avenues will be explored.

I can understand how there will be many who do not like his style. Although I love Malone, at times I feel strongly that his magic is performed too fast and comes across too rushed, thus losing some impact.

What I learned from watching these DVD's however, is simply priceless, and Malone should be thanked for releasing this set to the community.
Drive Carefully
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Yes this colection is great, if you havent got it ...get it! especially if you are a card guy. Bill Malone is a great performer, he is very entertaining, the Chanting does become slightly annoying and I am not at all anoyed that I can't do that with my own name!
Did any one else notice his audience getting drunker and drunker inbetween each DVD!
IN Magic
Steve Dela
P.S I don't think drunker is a word
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
roya
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
211 Posts

Profile of roya
Quote:
On 2004-06-13 14:56, LeConte wrote:
, at times I feel strongly that his magic is performed too fast and comes across too rushed, thus losing some impact.

Much too fast!!
I hated it.
The tricks are great.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Roya,

I've made this statement on many occasions and you are the first person who has ever agreed with me or even made comment about my remark. Thank you!
Drive Carefully
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Cant wait for more Malone dvds.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
After checking out so many good reviews about these DVDs, I will put them on my next purchase list . Thank You !!

New in magic.
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie
One of the best series to hit the market. This series has it all. He also gives a lot of presentational tips. Buy this series, you will not be disappointed.
tylerdurden
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of tylerdurden
Great reviews

I just recently got back into magic and everyone is telling me to curb my spending. When I get into the magic shop it's like I'm the proverbial kid in a candy store.

I saw a couple of his clips online and they all look great. I'm leaning towards buying vol 4, but I was curious as to which one you guys would recomend out of the entire series.

please help me out. If I don't get any advice I'll be doomed to own them all.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2004-06-06 08:49, kihei kid wrote:
[...]
And is it just me or does anybody else get sick of him being his own cheerleader? The first couple of times of him doing the “Bill Ma-Lone” bit I thought is was good. But after the 25th time of him doing it I get to thinking all right Bill I get your point.
[...]

When I first saw Malone perform (on a WGM special) I also found the "Bill Ma Lone" chant annoying. After thinking about it for a while, however, I realized that he has found a PERFECT way to guarantee that every spectator will remember him BY NAME, not just as "the guy who did those card tricks"

If you figure out a better, more certain way to get them to remember "Kihei Kid, the magician" - or better yet, "Thomas Wayne" - you be sure and let us all know...

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Quote:
On 2004-07-04 19:19, tylerdurden wrote:
Great reviews

I just recently got back into magic and everyone is telling me to curb my spending. When I get into the magic shop it's like I'm the proverbial kid in a candy store.

I saw a couple of his clips online and they all look great. I'm leaning towards buying vol 4, but I was curious as to which one you guys would recomend out of the entire series.

I love the whole set, but I must say I really did like Volumes 1, 2, and 3 more than 4. I like a few of the false cuts and moves taught on the extras in the second DVD in particular.
Drive Carefully
steve proescher
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia Beach
147 Posts

Profile of steve proescher
Quote:
On 2004-07-04 19:19, tylerdurden wrote:
Great reviews

You should own them all. They're great. I'm not going to discourage you spending on this one.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Of course, Bill does what works for him. If you like a particular effect, suit it to your personality and you will have a gem. There are many wonderful effects on his 4-volume set.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Steve Dela
P.S I don't think drunker is a word

It's the comparative of the adjective
LOL
TJ
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
I just received the DVDs form Hocus Pocus. They are truly magic. I can't believe my eyes. I am new in magic. But I am sure even for experienced magician will also be amazed. In fact I bought the DVDs after seeing so many good reviews about Bill Malone's work !!
Good ones !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bill Malone! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL