The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Donald duck! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
The reason Humpty Dumpty is an egg is because it is a nursery rhyme and children shouldn't be drawing canons but eggs are OK.
Reason two is Kindergarten teachers can draw eggs to impress the little minds but canons No way.
It is also an unknown just made up fact that English invented and like omelets roughly at the time of the above mentioned war and as they say "you wanna make an omelet you gotta break some eggs"
As for the mice, the shovel and the shape. After you hit the mouse the shape of the mouse and the shovel is pretty similar. Both are pretty flat with some red (I assume paint) on it. I checked and tested this 36 times and got the same result every time.
I am not joking guess it is my inquisitive mind.
Mickey and Minnie or Donald and Duffy married??? Are you insane? We shouldn't be teaching children to do things like that.
Comitment??? Come on what is that? I can't even spell it.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Quote:
Reason two is Kindergarten teachers can draw eggs to impress the little minds but canons No way.

I like that reason!! Eggs really are easier to draw than canons!

Anywho, happy birthday to Donald
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Quote:
On 2004-06-09 11:49, francisco wrote:
Talking of Donald Duck - he's 70 today!

-Francisco

You beat me to it! I watched his debut yesterday in the Silly Symphony, "The Wise Little Hen." Very good short, but Ub Iwerks's "The Litte Red Hen" is much better.

Don't let The Three Caballeros fool you, Donald's birthday is the 9th of June and I'll send out a hearty Happy Belated Birthday to him. He looks pretty good for 70!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
I don't think we should moan about Donald when Porky Pig's no better. Porky wears just a skimpy vest and that's it. At least Donald wears something decent on his upper body.

I remember a Loony Tunes movie where they commented that the Hays Office made the color Tweety Bird yellow because colored pink he looked naked! The guy making the comment mentioned that the Hays Office never noticed that Porky had no pants!

Disney sued Marvel Comics over "Howard The Duck," claiming that he was too close to Donald. Marvel agreed to change Howard's configuration a little bit and to put him in pants! Then they did a story about an insane tailor named Walt Dizzey who wanted to make all the animals wear clothing!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-06-08 00:12, Firedice27 wrote:
Here's another thought on the Mickey/Minnie love thingy... In Disney version of a Christmas Carol, Mickey (playing the part of Bob Cratchet) and Minnie were not only married but had a whole bunch of little mice running around their ankles (ok... one was hobbling around their ankles). Since this is one of the later pieces to feature Mickey and Minnie together, are we to assume that they did, in their real lives, get married and start making babies?

Quite frankly, I hope so. Minnie is kind of a hottie and Mickey would be quite a catch for her, considering her only other mouse option is Mortimer. Ugh.

Sadly, no. That was just a role. In "House of Mouse," Mickey visits Minnie, produces a ring box, gets down on one knee and says; "Todays the day!" Then he opens the box, a loud horn on a spring comes out and Mickey shouts "April Fools Day!"

Kinda mean when you think about it. I flashed on the lyrics to "He Had It Coming" from the musical "Chicago."

"I kinda blacked out after that... I didn't even know they were dead until I was washing the blood off my hands!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-06-08 03:07, Chrystal wrote:
As an Old English Sheepdog lover and owner of several, I take offence to the dumb one played in the cartoons..umm which way did he go?..which way did he go? Not fair I say!! Just cause you can't see their eyes doesn't mean they can't see or are intellectually challenged! All hair and a big black nose - cutest dogs on the planet. The one portrayed on 101 Dalmations was also a little "dumb". I'm thinking of picketing Disney studios with my dogs. Who knows they may then be discovered to play in the next dog Disney movie like Please don't eat Mickey or something.

Actually, the "which way did they go, George." character is usually a blood hound. The best English sheep dog character is "Sam" from the Sam and Ralph series where the wolf is trying to grab the sheep and the sheep dog never seems to be paying any attention but always stomps him at the last second.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Ah! Now that's better! Thanks for the correction, Mandrake!

Chrystal
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-06-19 11:32, Chrystal wrote:
Ah! Now that's better! Thanks for the correction, Mandrake!

Chrystal

No probs. I think they're done by Chuck Jones. If you have Cartoon Network, you might look for them on occassion.
magiciangirl902
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, VA
74 Posts

Profile of magiciangirl902
The best cartoon that I've seen for Donald is on an old shirt I own. It has two pictures, the first one has a picture of donald's head and his eyes look like he's mesmorized and it says "And suddenly donald relized, he never wore pants!" and the next picture is the same but you can see his body also and he's saying "Oh,no!"

That shirt makes my sides hurt.
Most magicians do magic tricks, I do magic
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-06-22 13:45, magiciangirl902 wrote:
The best cartoon that I've seen for Donald is on an old shirt I own. It has two pictures, the first one has a picture of donald's head and his eyes look like he's mesmorized and it says "And suddenly donald relized, he never wore pants!" and the next picture is the same but you can see his body also and he's saying "Oh,no!"

That shirt makes my sides hurt.

Actually, I think I saw that on a pair of boxer shorts at Wal-Mart.

Incidently, what's Donald's middle name? And how did we find out about it?
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Everyone knows martians are green (duh) but why is marvin the martian black? His dog (K-9) is green, his instant "just add water" goons are green, all of whom are martians. One might thing, "Ah, well marvin inhabits mars, but is not a martian," but of course he is. He's Marvin THE Martian. And EVERYBODY knows, it's WABBIT season!
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Quote:
On 2004-06-25 00:12, mandrake01 wrote:

It's "Fauntleroy" (sp?). It came about in an old war short.
magiciangirl902
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, VA
74 Posts

Profile of magiciangirl902
Quote:

Actually, I think I saw that on a pair of boxer shorts at Wal-Mart.

They seem to find everything to put on boxer shorts these days.
Most magicians do magic tricks, I do magic
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-06-25 11:21, Andini wrote:
Quote:

It's "Fauntleroy" (sp?). It came about in an old war short.

Very good. "Donald's Draft Notice" in fact.
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
Quote:
On 2004-06-04 15:18, kukram wrote:
Have you noticed that when donald duck gets out of the shower he always wears a towel around his waist.

But when he walks around outside he only wears a shirt revealing his lower regions......?

What the heck is that about?

You spied on Donald while he was showering? Repeatedly?

What the heck is that about?

Avert your eyes, man.

--Mike
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
We got to much time on our hand.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
On a mild tangent, the late Ed 'Big Daddy' Roth once told me that when he visited the Far East, his character, Rat Fink, had SUNGLASSES drawn over his eyes.
When he asked about it, he was told that bloodshot eyes were considered 'obscene.'

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Donald duck! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL