The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Wallet used to Index Aronson’s Fate, Past Present Future, etc (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
I’m wondering if anybody can recommend a wallet that is capable in carrying the Fate charts, the Future cards for Past Present Future, along with Signs charts from Simon Aronson’s Simply Simon? Even better if it can be used for a Card To Wallet too. Thanks!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I use this since the mid nineties which I bought (several)directly from Peter: https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/wa......carlett/ ... you can modify it a bit if you need or wish to. It easily keeps 12 or more "outs" when you see where you can store, you even can add dollar bills as additional dividers. I love this wallet as it is so normal looking and quite small... Vanishing was selling it, but you find it also here: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24652

Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Thank you Jan. I know you too are a big fan of Simon’s work. Last night I was reading Signs and saw much potential for many effects. Is this something you have performed with too? I already have a SAW and a Card to Pocket Wallet for Osterlind’s RichardWave. I am hoping to find a wallet I can use for all my effects if that is going to be possible.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, I do - in various combinations and applications, since 1995. And I prefer "Signs" by far (compared to "Fate"). But I know that there are only very few who really started to dive into it. But I do not mind at all... BTW, from the beginning I was taking the road to get my charts looking like a piece of paper torn out of a women's magazine. They look absolutely real and believable. I sent a set to Simon many years ago, he loved it a lot and was planing to make these up for himself. In those days I had them made up only in German, meanwhile I got them also in English. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 29, 2020, JanForster wrote:
Yes, I do - in various combinations and applications, since 1995. And I prefer "Signs" by far (compared to "Fate"). But I know that there are only very few who really started to dive into it. But I do not mind at all... BTW, from the beginning I was taking the road to get my charts looking like a piece of paper torn out of a women's magazine. They look absolutely real and believable. I sent a set to Simon many years ago, he loved it a lot and was planing to make these up for himself. In those days I had them made up only in German, meanwhile I got them also in English. Jan

I like this idea about the women’s magazine. I think I heard somewhere else of you doing this. What kind of paper do you have them printed on? What do you have on the back of them?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
60 gram paper (thin), laser print, the back got advertising as you would expect... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
And finally: ... Smile ... Jan

Click here to view attached image.
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Ha! Very nice! Is Signs and Fate something you mostly perform in impromptu situations? I know you mostly perform stage shows, and I believe I read somewhere where you hate performing walk around so was curious when is your preferred situation to perform these type of effects.
BTW, your recommendations of Simon-Eyes in older posts encouraged me to learn the effect during this isolation. I’m very excited to perform this once this is all over.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, you are right... I perform it mostly (formal) stand up or (smaller) stages (yes, possible!). Smile I have several own variations concerning presentations. It is easy as I have two people (normally a couple) on stage and they can verify also verbally what they see and experience. It plays big, is very strong and in fact one of my pet routines.

"Simon Eyes" is a fantastic creation. When I learned it I had sleepless nights... I know from Simon that he saw his creation more critical in later years; he performed it therefore very seldom as he admitted. But it is still a great intellectual work. I came up with a shorter version (Simon got it) using only 20 cards (two times 10 cards, two spectators) using his stack (the memorized Aronson stack) which does not get disturbed during performance. The benefit is that it is shorter and does not need a specific stack. For Tamariz fans I got also a version using his stack. I have published it several times, also in English if you would like to look it up (e.g. you'll find it in Eric Richardson's "Tour" under the title "Jan's Eyes" - see: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/ebooks/tour ).

BTW, you'll find similar approaches also by Barrie Richardson, but they all need again a specific stack (a one pony tool or stack... Smile ...). Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

I do like Jan Eyes a lot. Unfortunately it does sacrifice the brilliant No No's Fishing but still very good. I am wondering if it might be possible to use four people instead of two to perform a Radar Deck routine like Osterlind's using the Jan Eyes method. What do you think? The Radar Deck always works well and gets great reactions but I did have two times where the spectator either noticed the repeat cards, or understood the pattern. it is also another deck to carry around in my pockets.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, I know Smile - I had to sacrifice it in order to shorten the entire procedure (a lot). But you always get (if at all) maximum one "No" only which you can always turn into a sort of "Yes" or a "misunderstanding".

I am sure you could find ways using four spectators - but I think that there would be no benefit at all. It is then getting overall too complex, too difficult to follow (for spectators) and at the end too confusing. Nobody would win anything. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 30, 2020, JanForster wrote:
Yes, I know Smile - I had to sacrifice it in order to shorten the entire procedure (a lot). But you always get (if at all) maximum one "No" only which you can always turn into a sort of "Yes" or a "misunderstanding".

I am sure you could find ways using four spectators - but I think that there would be no benefit at all. It is then getting overall too complex, too difficult to follow (for spectators) and at the end too confusing. Nobody would win anything. Jan

I thought of a way that it could be done and quite easily. I sent message to your inbox. Let me know what you think. Thanks
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smile ... sent you a PM... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Wallet used to Index Aronson’s Fate, Past Present Future, etc (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL