The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Stacked rola bola (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lucky7
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Lucky7
Hi there

I'm trying to learn a triple stacked rola bola, but I'm finding it really hard to master.

My record is to hold my balance for 20 seconds but usually I'm only able to hold for some seconds.
Freemounting or juggling on it seems impossible for the moment.

Anyone here who has mastered this ? How long did it take you to be really balanced, free mount, learn to juggle, trying a 5 stacked ?
Does it becomes more comfortable or does it stays scary and unbalanced feeling ?
Do you have tips ? (I have 3 cylinders and board from voltige and do not have a bowling ball.)

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Lucky7
Lucky7
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Lucky7
It still amazes me that so little can be found to learn this skill.
There are more secrets to learn from youtube, even a lot of unethical tutorials of still commercially available tricks.
But this one is purely skill based and it is really hard to find tips and tricks to learn.

However I will try to write down my own experience may it be of use for others that are looking.

The complexity of the skill had me postpone this goal for quite some time in pursuit of other ones. Now I have masters those others and want to be able to check this one of as well.
I started again with practicing from January 2021 and want to be able to achieve a level that I could use during shows.

I practice 4 to 5 days a week, usually 2 sessions of around 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes my muscles of my feet or calves are beginning to get sore and I have to quit and rest.
But because this is a balance training I favor these short but periodical sessions.
I can easily hold my balance between 5 and 20 seconds. I am feeling more comfortable on the stack and I got more than 40 seconds balance 2 times now.
So I am surely progressing, however the progress is rather slow and I think I need to keep up the practice as many days as I can.
Lucky7
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Lucky7
Update of progress;

i have been keeping up the practice sessions and continu to improve.

After I could hold my balance for more than 2 minutes two weeks ago I started with attempting free mounts.

This is a video of one of my best tries !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHB3R0wDUwE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Stacked rola bola (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL