The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (193 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..23~24~25 [Next]
Pugwash
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Pugwash
Quote:
On May 2, 2020, rowland wrote:
Does anybody have a link to Peter Turner performing this.

https://www.ellusionist.com/picasso-pro.html

Scroll down the page
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1313 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On May 2, 2020, Pugwash wrote:
Quote:

Scroll down the page

Cheers that’s a great way of doing it especially for a client 😀
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
Quote:

Scroll down the page

So I guess the next question is how do you predict a drawing they are going to draw? i.e. the house and number 22?
I did'nt see any explanation for this in the videos?
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Anyone have the Android version who wants to buddy up with me to go over the explanation video please?
We could do this on Facebook?
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
Quote:
On May 2, 2020, garyogden1957 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Scroll down the page

So I guess the next question is how do you predict a drawing they are going to draw? i.e. the house and number 22?

Gary, from memory, if you listen to what Peter asks the spec to draw before coloring, and then for the house number, it will make sense.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On May 2, 2020, SharkTrager442 wrote:
Quote:
On May 2, 2020, garyogden1957 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Scroll down the page

Gary, from memory, if you listen to what Peter asks the spec to draw before coloring, and then for the house number, it will make sense.

Thanks I will check tomorrow really tired now, only watched the explanation video once today and I think it was a bit quick, so I need to go over it a few times. I am using Android.
Weasel81
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Weasel81
Same issues as Derotanim. I took his advice and switched my phone to silent and now the haptics work.I would like to perform this without having to keep my phone on silent however. Push notifications do come though but I have to touch my screen for the item to change. It does not come through automatically and therefore it is obvious to the spectator that I am messing with my phone instead of just leaving it on the table and ignoring it. Hoping there was a setting on my phone that I missed somewhere. Talk to text is now working.
Derotanim
View Profile
New user
UK
35 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
Quote:
On May 2, 2020, Weasel81 wrote:
Same issues as Derotanim. I took his advice and switched my phone to silent and now the haptics work.I would like to perform this without having to keep my phone on silent however. Push notifications do come though but I have to touch my screen for the item to change. It does not come through automatically and therefore it is obvious to the spectator that I am messing with my phone instead of just leaving it on the table and ignoring it. Hoping there was a setting on my phone that I missed somewhere. Talk to text is now working.

You can perform with your phone on loud (non-silent). If you have "vibrate on ring" toggled on, the haptics should function as intended without the phone needing to be on silent.
Weasel81
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Weasel81
Yes that does work! Thank you! Hope we can find something that will help with push notifications!
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
I’ve noticed that after the latest update, the in app labels no longer automatically change when a colour is selected. I have to keep tapping on the phone screen to ‘refresh it’. Anyone else experiencing this? iPhone 8 Plus
Modern Day Jesus and Creator:

REVELATION GUM - Chewed Gum into Impossible Shape
MAGICALL- The Fake Call App For Magicians
THE WILLY - The Rudest Trick You Can Do

#TeamSaturn
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
382 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Also using an 8 plus and not experiencing this problem. May be worth deleting and reinstalling.
Great app - super pleased with this. I imagine it will only get better.
"Challenge Your Reality"
Derotanim
View Profile
New user
UK
35 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
Quote:
On May 2, 2020, Weasel81 wrote:
Yes that does work! Thank you! Hope we can find something that will help with push notifications!

Welcome, and yes - fingers crossed to the rest of it being ironed out soon.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2786 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Geeez ! After reading this thread I am not interested in this effect anymore "Just Forget It " I really like it but it's just not worth the headache ...
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
136 Posts

Profile of patapon
Quote:
On May 3, 2020, tophatter wrote:
Geeez ! After reading this thread I am not interested in this effect anymore "Just Forget It " I really like it but it's just not worth the headache ...

I am using an old iPhone 5SE running iOS13.41, and have ZERO problems after downloading the latest update (v1.1) which I downloaded yesterday from the App store. Everything works as intended. It's a very clever app and for anyone who suggests that buying this is for those who cannot afford to buy the more expensive "Ferrari" version, then I'm afraid that you are incorrectly equating the cost of your tool with the reaction that your audience gets. It is not related, and if you can get incredible reactions from your audience from an effect you learnt for free, then you are the most business savvy magician on the planet!

Also, I read that many are still waiting for the creators to upload ready made templates of drawings, and one of the reasons is that you may not be good at "drawing" on the mobile/computer screen (even with a stylus). I would urge you to consider that to many lay audience, asking them to select a pre-made drawing (even if you use a force from among a selection of pre-made drawings) actually increases the thought that the drawing is being forced upon them. Consider that when a Spec is asked to actually draw the picture (regardless if it is forced), that suspicion actually drops down a few notches. Also, it doesn't matter if you are "not good" at drawing, since it is your Spec who will actually be doing the drawing.

All said, I am really enjoying this, and oddly, I think the most difficult part of this is choosing a suitable Performer ID... and I hate to say this, but the longer you sit on the fence, the more the likelihood all the "most suitable/least suspicious" IDs would have been taken!

Enjoy!
godan65
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of godan65
I bought it for my iPhone7, installed it and tested it. I can agree 100% with the 3 points described by PATAPON (Post above) regarding functioning, self or spectator drawing and ID.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:

Give it a couple of weeks. Lol.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Is it Ellusionist I need to contact for support as I am getting no help here?
trickster41uk
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of trickster41uk
Really liked the look of this after watching the videos, then scrolling through all the reviews regarding android issues ( I have Samsung Galaxy S20 ) will wait till all bugs are sorted.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
Quote:
On May 2, 2020, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Quote:
On May 2, 2020, NeilS wrote:
Was interested to read Apple uses have been able to get info on their Apple watches.

Just wondered if any Android uses have managed to pair their smartphones?

If not, I am sure this will come but just wondered.

For the avoidance of doubt / for clarity, i’ve not paired my apple watch with the app. However, if the app is running and you are on your homescreen (i.e picasso isn’t the onscreen app), you get notifications on the phone. If phone screen is off, these go to apple watch, just as normal notifications. The limitation as far as I can tell, is you have to dismiss the notification on watch before You get the next one.

No you don’t have to cancel one notification before getting the next. They just come through one after the other

Any idea of settings to male this happen as I definitely don’t get one before I dismissed one before it
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2375 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:

All said, I am really enjoying this, and oddly, I think the most difficult part of this is choosing a suitable Performer ID... and I hate to say this, but the longer you sit on the fence, the more the likelihood all the "most suitable/least suspicious" IDs would have been taken!

Enjoy!

Excellent advice.

I have just acquired this for my Android and it took quite a few attempts to get an ID I wanted that had not already been taken.

If you are tempted with this app, I echo the advice given, the longer you delay the harder it will be to get a good ID.

Neil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (193 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL