The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (200 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..23~24~25 [Next]
yourimagic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of yourimagic
It makes sense to have heptic for ALL colors, including black, because some spectators may choose black as a color.
This could have happened in Peter Turner's demo, in which black was not the starting colour for the house.
When performed in remote, it's not really an issue, as the visual notification in displayed even for black.
However, when performed in person, the heptic should be turned on and it should work for black too.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, yourimagic wrote:
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, GeraintClarke wrote:
NOTIFICATIONS - Hey all, if you're struggling to get notifications for Picasso, one thing we're noticing is that upon installing, people have NOT ALLOWED notifications and are now struggling to get their peek.

Go to settings > Notifications > Picasso Pro

Or Settings > Picasso Pro (depending on your IOS)

Ensure you've accepted all of these and have it all turned on. This should solve almost ALL of your issues.

Anything else, comment below and we'll be happy to push more updates this week to fix any bugs. Smile

Thank you for your patience.

I have turned on the notifications on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and the only heptic notification that does NOT work, for me, is when the spec clicks on BLACK. This is an issue when I perform it in person.

I have been to settings/notification on my android but Picasso does not show up?
Oops! found it!
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Can we please have the option to have more than one saved template?
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Hey all,

I'm back in the office now. Hope you all had a great weekend? Firstly, whoah! We are overwhelmed with the unbelievable feedback and reviews from the majority of you! Thank you so, so much! Also, we are beyond greatful for the few of you experiencing bugs and for being patient with us while we roll out updates.

Currently, our developer is adding these features and fixing the following bugs:
- Some notifications Issues on iOS
- Adding 5 pre-defined templates
- Customise color vibration order
- Cross device sizing issues
- Haptic issues fixes
- Repeat vibration controls

We're hoping have these fixed/updated within the next day and submitting to Apple. However, once Apple has recieved the new update, it's at their discretion on how long it takes to approve and go live.

We also now have set up a private Facebook group, purely for Picasso Pro. You can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PicassoPro/

There is a specific thread pinned to the top of the page for you all to post all new feature requests and to notify us of any new bugs that may creep up. If you do not have Facebook, please direct ALL issues and feature requests to support@ellusionist.com

We're trying to coalate all questions, issues and requests into one of these two places (Picasso Pro ||Official Facebook Group & Email support). It's incrediblly difficult to respond to everyone accross so many different platforms and social inbox's. If your message is directed to one of these two plcaes, we guarentee to answer you. If it's PM'd here on the Café, Insta, fan pages etc; we can't promise that we'll see it within the necassary time.

Thanks everyone,
Lloyd
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
UPDATE: Notifications should be fixed now.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Hey all,

I'm back in the office now. Hope you all had a great weekend? Firstly, whoah! We are overwhelmed with the unbelievable feedback and reviews from the majority of you! Thank you so, so much! Also, we are beyond greatful for the few of you experiencing bugs and for being patient with us while we roll out updates.

Currently, our developer is adding these features and fixing the following bugs:
- Some notifications Issues on iOS
- Adding 5 pre-defined templates
- Customise color vibration order
- Cross device sizing issues
- Haptic issues fixes
- Repeat vibration controls

We're hoping have these fixed/updated within the next day and submitting to Apple. However, once Apple has recieved the new update, it's at their discretion on how long it takes to approve and go live.

We also now have set up a private Facebook group, purely for Picasso Pro. You can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PicassoPro/

There is a specific thread pinned to the top of the page for you all to post all new feature requests and to notify us of any new bugs that may creep up. If you do not have Facebook, please direct ALL issues and feature requests to support@ellusionist.com

We're trying to coalate all questions, issues and requests into one of these two places (Picasso Pro ||Official Facebook Group & Email support). It's incrediblly difficult to respond to everyone accross so many different platforms and social inbox's. If your message is directed to one of these two plcaes, we guarentee to answer you. If it's PM'd here on the Café, Insta, fan pages etc; we can't promise that we'll see it within the necassary time.

Thanks everyone,
Lloyd

Don't forget the android users who have also bought the app when do they get the Templates and updates?
falcon2600
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of falcon2600
Quote:
I have been using Picasso Pro for 2 days now with a Samsung Galaxy S8 and it works fine.
I have done three whatsapp video sessions with remote friends and the trick worked perfectly with the house force, like Peter Turner suggested.

In the begining, I regretted that there was no template provided, but after experiencing the trick, I realized that it's not a problem, as it is much more fun to have the spectator draw the sketch themselves and it's all the more organic!

My prediction was clipped in full view during the entire performance and I also authenticated it by writing a personal name on it, like the maiden name of the spectator's mother, or the name of their first pet, or the first name of their grand father, to make sure that I did not cheat by switching the paper during perfomance.
Of course, in a face to face performance in person, this is not necessary, as I just need to have the prediction pocketed by a spectator.

The h....c should be switched off when performing in remote, otherwise the spectator may hear something and so, have a clue.
The h....c works fine, unless I regret there is none for the black color. So when you perform it in person, it's a little issue.

I have bought a domain name and I have done a forwarding to the Picasso Pro URL. It works fine, so the "Performer ID issue" is not really an issue.

Over all, Picasso Pro is an excellent trick because :
- It's organic : no need for any prop except a spectator's smartphone with internet access
- Can be done surrounded
- No need for a table
- No light conditions
- It's fun
- It is strong mentalism

Did you forward your domain to your Picasso Pro ID masquing the URL so that your domain is displayed in the web browser and not your ID? How? Did you use the .htaccess directives?

Thanks.
yourimagic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of yourimagic
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, falcon2600 wrote:
Quote:
I have been using Picasso Pro for 2 days now with a Samsung Galaxy S8 and it works fine.
I have done three whatsapp video sessions with remote friends and the trick worked perfectly with the house force, like Peter Turner suggested.

In the begining, I regretted that there was no template provided, but after experiencing the trick, I realized that it's not a problem, as it is much more fun to have the spectator draw the sketch themselves and it's all the more organic!

My prediction was clipped in full view during the entire performance and I also authenticated it by writing a personal name on it, like the maiden name of the spectator's mother, or the name of their first pet, or the first name of their grand father, to make sure that I did not cheat by switching the paper during perfomance.
Of course, in a face to face performance in person, this is not necessary, as I just need to have the prediction pocketed by a spectator.

The h....c should be switched off when performing in remote, otherwise the spectator may hear something and so, have a clue.
The h....c works fine, unless I regret there is none for the black color. So when you perform it in person, it's a little issue.

I have bought a domain name and I have done a forwarding to the Picasso Pro URL. It works fine, so the "Performer ID issue" is not really an issue.

Over all, Picasso Pro is an excellent trick because :
- It's organic : no need for any prop except a spectator's smartphone with internet access
- Can be done surrounded
- No need for a table
- No light conditions
- It's fun
- It is strong mentalism

Did you forward your domain to your Picasso Pro ID masquing the URL so that your domain is displayed in the web browser and not your ID? How? Did you use the .htaccess directives?

Thanks.

When you buy a domain name, the provider provides an option to forward the domain name to a web site or url.
The other option is the possibility to hide the target url so that your domain name displays in the address bar of your web browser, instead of the target url.
It is that easy!
rsikdar2
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of rsikdar2
Hey guys, I needed some help. I'm an Android user and the app works great except for one thing - during performance, the screen times out and locks after 30 seconds after which I cannot view/p**k the notifications or get haptic feedback while the phone's in my pocket. I've set my "background image" to solid black so my phone appears to be inactive while sitting innocently on the table but covertly displays the "Labels". This of course stops after 30 seconds of inactivity which is the problem for me. Is there a solution to this? Thanks in advance for your help!

-Rick
Yosef Ita
View Profile
New user
Italy
2 Posts

Profile of Yosef Ita
Quote:

Great to know that is working this tips with the app.
trickster41uk
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of trickster41uk
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, rsikdar2 wrote:
Hey guys, I needed some help. I'm an Android user and the app works great except for one thing - during performance, the screen times out and locks after 30 seconds after which I cannot view/p**k the notifications or get haptic feedback while the phone's in my pocket. I've set my "background image" to solid black so my phone appears to be inactive while sitting innocently on the table but covertly displays the "Labels". This of course stops after 30 seconds of inactivity which is the problem for me. Is there a solution to this? Thanks in advance for your help!

-Rick

Try this, I had same problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFYDu9X3SOw
Pugwash
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Pugwash
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, rsikdar2 wrote:

-Rick

I thought I found a way to do this but it doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe you could try your Samsung?
Settings > Apps
scroll to and tap on Picasso
Permissions
Tap the three dots at the top right and select All Permissions
Tap Prevent phone from sleeping
OK

If this doesn't work, I think a 'Stay Awake' App that allows App selection is required.
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Few bugs iv'e encountered with the "app badge peek" (Android user, Galaxy note s9)
1st, the only way to get the app badge peek (bubble above the app icon) to work is only if you put "display push notifications" to ON aswell. "app badge peek" feature alone will not work without the display push notifications.
Yes, all settings of the app, phone, and battery consumption are checked and set in a way to have no limitations on the app.
2nd, this bug causes another problem:
When using BOTH app badge peek & push notifications, when I'm on the home screen and get a thump of a color, not only that the number on the app bubble changes(Which is good) but that I get a VISIBLE notification from the app stating whatever label you've set. causing double notifications.
If I want to use the app badge peek I should be able to use it without having the push notif's on, to avoid constant messages on my screen that can cause suspicion.
3rd, when using those 2 features (app badge & push notif's), sometimes the number id on the app badge stacks instead of keeping a single ID.
For example, spectator have chosen the color blue, then green.
I had the ID "5" (blue, 5vibrations) and then I get "9" instead of 4.
i managed to reach up to 13, then it goes from 12 to 13 and so on.
the only way to avoid this is if you have the Consolidate push notifications.
4th (and hopefully last 🙂 ) when I'm on my phone homescreen and a spectator entered the site with my ID, I get a notification for the color black automatically, and yet the ID on the app is changed into "1" (which can cause confusion since 1 equals RED color aswell).

tl;dr:
If you want to have App badge feature on android working, you HAVE to enable "Display push notifications" AND "Consolidate push notifications". this shouldn't be the case, as some feature qualities override the other and should be fixed.
Also, when receiving a thump for the color black, please make sure we get an ID of "0" and not "1" as this cause conflict of 2 colors.

Hopefully this could be resolved, let me know if there's any questions.
Thanks!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2396 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I am still in the early stages of getting to grips with this but so far I have been really impressed by the seamless way everything works. I am definitely no techie but soon got this installed and working on my Android (Blackberry) and, in next to no time, had it synced with my Samsung Smartwatch.

Well done to Ellusionist and all involved.

Neil
Weasel81
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Weasel81
IPhone 7 IOS 13.4.1 Update-Notifications not fixed.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4670 Posts

Profile of videoman
IPhone 7+ IOS 13.4.1
Everything works perfectly fine as far as performing the trick. Notifications, badges, haptics, all work as they are supposed to.

When tapping “Instructions” in app it immediately crashes and closes the app. But that’s not a big deal as I don’t need them so no reason to do that.

My wish list is very short.
I would love to get some templates pre-loaded and I would love for black to also generate a notification and haptic.

The only other quibble is I’m not a huge fan of the .co domain because many people aren’t familiar with it and type .com out of habit. So it’s just one more little thing you have to emphasize and stay on top of so even though it’s not a big deal it’s a bit annoying. I’d probably prefer another domain but overall a really great app and surprisingly inexpensive.
Weasel81
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Weasel81
Videoman,

Do you think you might have a setting that could be different than mine somehow? Just a thought since we are operating with the same equipment. Thanks!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4670 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, Weasel81 wrote:
Videoman,

Do you think you might have a setting that could be different than mine somehow? Just a thought since we are operating with the same equipment. Thanks!

Seems likely. Did you allow notifications in phone settings?
What isn't working for you, just notifications?
Is everything else working fine?
Weasel81
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Weasel81
The notifications, haptics, badges, and text to talk all work but they don't come through naturally. I have to touch my phone once someone chooses a color to be able to see a change was made. Kind of weird but just checking. My diagnostics all show green.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4670 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 4, 2020, Weasel81 wrote:
The notifications, haptics, badges, and text to talk all work but they don't come through naturally. I have to touch my phone once someone chooses a color to be able to see a change was made. Kind of weird but just checking. My diagnostics all show green.

PM'ed you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (200 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL