The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (193 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1474 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I've more or less done the same. Currently redoing my website, and I'm going to just add the site there via a link. Nice way to drive clients to the site for more info and bookings Smile
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
232 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Are the templates functional yet?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2142 Posts

Profile of 252life
Nope
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
They are easy enough to draw yourself having seen them it looks like a child had drawn them anyway.
Smooth Criminal
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Smooth Criminal
Quote:
On May 24, 2020, Sean Xem wrote:
Are the templates functional yet?

Too busy fixing all the bugs in this paid for beta to bother with adding in templates.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
For 30 bucks it didn't kill me to be a beta tester but I do think this needs templates and even better templates we can draw and import. For instance mine would be a picture (cartoon) of me waving and the reveal might say happy birthday with my picture or whatever. Drawing in the app is harder than it should be because you can't even erase so if you make a mistake you have to start over. Also I think it take to long (for my style) to have the spectator start from scratch and see how they do. At any rate I know nothing about programming and based on "non-binding" comments that E make on this thread I did think this would move along quicker
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Have you actually seen the templates they have done ready for uploading?
They are what a kid could draw!
Derotanim
View Profile
New user
UK
35 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
Quote:
On May 26, 2020, garyogden1957 wrote:
Have you actually seen the templates they have done ready for uploading?
They are what a kid could draw!

I don't know why you see this as a problem. They looked perfectly adequate to me - I wouldn't want some artist's complex rendition of these very basic drawings to pop up on the very basic sketchpad website. The way I see it, simpler is better.
dvno
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of dvno
I also think that simpler is better. For me it is important that the spectator believes that I could have drawn it. And people who know me in person probably know that I am not really into painting. In my opinion this effect lives from it's simplicity - and I only need some simple drawings. Of course you can do that by your own, but it's a nice feature to add drawings quickly though.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of aheller5
I downloaded on my phone how do I put new templates in the app? TY all and be safe
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1586 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Currently - you canít.

So itís absurd they have templates on the site because you canít import them into the app itself.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
The templates have been sitting there for weeks....
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
232 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Quote:
On May 27, 2020, garyogden1957 wrote:

After such a delay in working templates, Iíve moved on from this. Shows what future support will be like from E on this

Glad I didnít purchase, although it looked great and was right up my alley
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2142 Posts

Profile of 252life
Itís a great effect and will be that much better when they tie up the loose ends.

-Theodore Annemann
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4644 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 29, 2020, Sean Xem wrote:
Quote:
On May 27, 2020, garyogden1957 wrote:

After such a delay in working templates, Iíve moved on from this. Shows what future support will be like from E on this

Glad I didnít purchase, although it looked great and was right up my alley

People here can be so impatient. If a feature (that was never promised or advertised) isnít added quickly enough, or a daily explanation as to why isnít given, people are ready to write it off. The app was only released a month ago.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2142 Posts

Profile of 252life
Hope I didnít imply something different. As stated previously, I personally love it. Having said that, there are a few rough edges.

The sizing is an issue on some screens.
Clicking on the instructions closes the app.
Inputting the image can be frustrating because you canít erase a mistake.
(A stylus is recommended if you have sausage fingers)
While not necessary, the templates were promised and would be nice.

But, itís a solid strong effect regardless. Iím a big fan of it and have been for years. Iíd recommend it as is without a second thought though.

-Theodore Annemann
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
232 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Quote:
On May 29, 2020, videoman wrote:

People here can be so impatient. If a feature (that was never promised or advertised) isnít added quickly enough, or a daily explanation as to why isnít given, people are ready to write it off. The app was only released a month ago.

You are incorrect. If you havenít read through this thread, which is understandable because it is long, you should refrain from making ignorant comments.

Templates were promised by E on this very thread ďtonightĒ on April 30th. It is now May 29th.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
Quote:

You are incorrect. If you havenít read through this thread, which is understandable because it is long, you should refrain from making ignorant comments.

Templates were promised by E on this very thread ďtonightĒ on April 30th. It is now May 29th.

I think he was referring to the originally released version. Which did not have or mention any pre-made templates. On page 5 Lloyd says that thereís no templates at the moment. But shortly after that said theyíre working on them.

In the mean time, Iím grabbing some 🍿 🍿🍿
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On May 30, 2020, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think he was referring to the originally released version. Which did not have or mention any pre-made templates. On page 5 Lloyd says that thereís no templates at the moment. But shortly after that said theyíre working on them. Both statements were made on April 30th by Lloyd.

In the mean time, Iím grabbing some 🍿 🍿🍿
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4644 Posts

Profile of videoman
Listen, I'm not a huge fan of E but you are just proving my case. It's been out a month and you're impatient. If you didn't simply cherry pick posts that you feel make your case you would have also included that Lloyd got a little overzealous and made promises that unfortunately could not be met. I agree that is not good but every business makes mistakes and it's how you handle them that's important. So to be fair Will has apologized and explained that it turned out to be much more complicated than they had anticipated. So they're working on it and it's been a month and you're fed up. Fine, but that's being impatient IMO. Going beyond bug fixes and adding new features in a month is pretty quick, especially when you're servicing both platforms.

Templates have never been an officially advertised feature and you are able to create one of your own and save it. Its not that hard to do. I believe more features including templates will show up in the not too distant future.

I have almost certainly followed this thread more closely than you and in addition I actually own the app so if one of us should refrain from making ignorant comments it is you my friend.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (193 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL