The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (203 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26 [Next]
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1597 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Still a LOT of problems posted daily in the FB group. This thing has been a PR disaster. I suggest they give everyone some credit and get an experienced app creator like Kerstein to redevelop this from the ground up.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1154 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I was thinking to ask for a feature request... but at this point... Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2344 Posts

Profile of 252life
I doubt Iím your kid, but I will Smile
Iím not happy with everything they do but overall Iím satisfied.
Turners latest Principle is a good example of a solid release from them.
Sure they should have mud tested this thing though I agree.
When I think of rip off companies I think of outfits like Outlaw Effects so maybe that raised the bar.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8588 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Glad I held back.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2344 Posts

Profile of 252life
The only thing thatís really a deal breaker for me is if the site starts to crash regularly. The effect is worth the other small issues. But waiting things out is never a bad idea if you have impulse control lol

-Theodore Annemann
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3967 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Could tell from the outset this app would be problematic from its source . Itís not made by the best like Marc or Greg and often when people try to be clever by offering iOS and Android at a cheap price itís normally unreliable as this definitely is . Wouldnít touch it with a barge pole , buy the real effect if you like it enough from Craig , this will never work consistently in the long run and I guarantee you Craig will have had absolutely nothing to do with the tech here otherwise it would work flawlessly imho Gaz 🙂
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Since learning about how the backend software locks onto (pairs) with a spectator's device until a certain amount of time passes or you manually break the pairing, this has worked perfectly for me. Every time!

Mark
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Is the templates ready for the samsung androids?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4811 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree with Mark. I really haven't had any issues with this. It's actually very good.
Covering both platforms there are bound to be some problems and growing pains but nothing major for me. Yes, it took them a month longer to get pre-made templates up. Not a big deal. The app is only a couple months old and has already seen many improvements and updates.

Obviously you are going to see all the people here and on FB who are having issues, in the same way that you generally see a lot more bad reviews for products than good reviews. It's just human nature. But there are no doubt a lot of people like me who are just cruising along with this experiencing little or no problems.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1435 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I haven't had any issues. Works great and people love it.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Another new version of Picasso Pro was released on the iOS App Store overnight.

Mark
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1597 Posts

Profile of Futureal
For iOS or Android?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2020, Futureal wrote:
For iOS or Android?

If that was directed at me... I posted the answer IN my message before you even asked the question. Smile

Mark
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1597 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Oh so you did.

Also - congrats on being the #1 Picasso Pro fanboi. Gives you something to do at the retirement village I guess.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1502 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I recently purchased Picasso Pro and was happy with it at first, but at this point am regretting my purchase. On release it was great and worked as advertised but after the community asked for a couple features they released the iPhone update, but nothing for Android. I have asked a couple times now what the date for the android update will be and have been told to just give them time, but how much time has not been addressed. This is not the way to respond to a customer. Android users paid the same price as iPhone users yet recieved less features and Ellusionist cannot provide a date for when that will be rectified. I don't see why Ellusionist didn't just hold off on releasing the updates until both were ready. As of right now you get more features and an updated version if using iphone, and only the bare bones for android yet the cost for both remains the same. That does not seem fair. I paid full price and expected that I would recieve the same product, not be given the run around and told to "just wait" when asked for a date for update launch. Ellusionist could work towards making this right by at least saying "the update will be launched next weekend", but instead remain silent and attempt to paint those who are simply asking for what they paid for as impatient trouble makers. Bad form Ellusionist.

What this shows is that Ellusionist is quick to take your money, and then leave ya on your own. I had not purchased anything from them before, and don't think I will moving forward. At this point I have nothing good to say about this product or Ellusionist.

In contrast, SimpleDraw does everything Picasso Pro does and More, and is constantly being improved. I would steer clear of Picasso Pro at this point and check out SimpleDraw instead. Better app, better support, better customer service, and you won't be left with a sour taste in your mouth.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I think the best solution would have been for Ellusionist to not have done a version for Android in the first place.

Mark
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8588 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
I think the best solution would have been for Ellusionist to not have done a version for Android in the first place.

Mark

Agreed. If you were a serious magician youíd own an iPhone.
WillJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
45 Posts

Profile of WillJonesMagic
Hey all,

Quick update: An update for iOS was approved by Apple over the weekend. In addition to fixing a couple of minor issues, it adds an option to bypass the push notifications system.
The way it works is as follows: When Picasso is open and on the performance screen (note: This doesn't function when Picasso is in the background), once every three or so seconds it fetches the latest colour for your performer ID from our servers. If the colour has changed, it'll fire any haptic feedback, text to speech, etc or whatever else you have switched on. This was added to address an issue a few folk were still having with push notification reliability. If you have this switched on (and a strong network connection) and are still having issues getting colour updates, then it'll be down to the pairing between your device and the spectator.

As for the Android update, that's coming in the next couple of days. We had packaged it up ready for release and pushed it to our internal testers via the Google Play store, but at the 11th hour encountered some issues with the templates (Thanks Google and ProGuard). These were fixed late on Friday night and another update pushed to our testers. I'm now waiting for them to wake up so we can finish these tests off. As soon as they pass, I'll be clicking the button to release the update to production and it'll arrive in your updates within a day or so (as per the standard Google roll-out timescales)

-Will
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1597 Posts

Profile of Futureal
So are we meant to turn Bypass Push Notifications on or leave it off? The way you describe it itís just doing what the app should be programmed to do anyway - ie tell you what color is being used.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2344 Posts

Profile of 252life
Site was down again last night so it was unusable at a time I wanted to use it. Iím starting to reconsider the other option available at this point, and Iíve been a vocal fanboy up until now. As of now I canít rely on it or trust it

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Picasso Pro App ||ProMystic x Ellusionist (203 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL